Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

Yep thats apple for you, grab their competitors by the balls

I actually have started develloping a hatred for apple for the way they conduct their business espically the unforgiveable reshape for their charger making your old docking stations and items useless if you ahve iphone 5

For example I cant download the Villa app on my Nexus 7 as it isn't compatible, like so many other apps that I have on my phone but cant get on my tablet, and very few of the ones that I do have are reshaped for tablet use. I love android but I think sadly this is its biggest problem!

If you don't like the Villa app, tell the authors of the app. It's not "android" who writes the apps. If apps are poorly written, complain!

Not sure if I'm late or early but my HTC had a big update just before Christmas. I assume this is Jelly Bean? Haven't really had time to sit down and have a proper play just yet.

What does Settings -> About Device -> Android Version say?

Cheers. Having a good play on it.

I never really touched the voice dictation on this device because siri scarred me on how inaccurate and bad it was. But just throwing a few things at the google search widget, it's quite impressive!

Another Chrome user. I use Chrome on my laptop and desktop too. Bookmark and tab sync are fantastic features. The stock browser is a tad faster, but it's not enough of a thing to pull me away from Chrome.

Got an email overnight saying it will arrive between 9am and 6pm today. I'm pretty sure my house is going to be empty from 9am through to about, oh, 6pm. :angry:

Mine arrived yesterday. Very nice it is too!

Mine didnt arrive. It was out for delivery all day, but it didnt arrive. After 6pm the tracker said to call TNT.

BkCgX.png

Phoned TNT about it and they confirmed it was out all day for delivery but didnt know why it hadnt been delivered. They said I should just ring back on Monday morning after 8am, but they might not consider Saturday to be a business day (even though it was out for delivery) and as Tuesday is a bank holiday then it might not arrive until Wednesday even though I paid for two day delivery. I asked if I could get a refund on the delivery and they said I would need to speak with Google.

Phoned Google, repeated the story and they say because they shipped it a week early then I have no grounds to complain about delivery. Surely shipping and delivery are two separate things? Shipping is between Google and TNT, delivery is between TNT and the customer (ie, me) and I have paid TNT for two day delivery.

I wont miss a tenner, and I probably wont be annoyed about this in a week or two, but the point remains if I had been able to select the cheapest delivery then I would still probably have the phone in the same amount of time as I am going to get it after paying for a more expensive option.

That's bullshit. I'd be giving tnt an epic bollocking for not delivering when they said they would. This isn't Google issue it is tnts. If it was on the wagon why the **** didn't the driver deliver it? Grrrrr

Â