Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

But what about the wifi only nexus 10? No sign of any stock on the horizon. Plus isn't the nexus 7 now 3G enabled? So I don't think provider exclusivity has much to do with it really.

I'm sure I read somewhere there had been supply issues with the panels on the N10. The N7 being 3G enabled has nothing to do with it as they are not being sold by the networks at an inflated price, they are the same price everywhere. IMO the reason no one can get the nexus 4 from google is the majority of stock is going over to o2 and 3.

Ahh I didnt know about the panel supply issues with the N10. Hope its back in stock soon, im ready to buy one but google dont want my money at the moment :(

Talking of the N10, should I hold out a bit longer for it or go for something else like the Note 10.1? id go for the transfomer infinity but its so bloody expensive.

""1st post from my brand new Nexus7. All I can say is WOW. Shits on Mrs E's iPad2 from such a massive height.""

Eames, I bought my GF one for xmas (she wanted laptop but thought a tablet be more handy for her) as for £200 you get the 32gb and it looked like a great little tablet. is it really better than the Ipad 2? I got it on my friends advice and the processor is exceptional I have benn told

Its definietly better than that Kindle Fire HD which i thought was crap.

So what is good about the Nexus 7 in your view that make sit better than a ipad 2?

""1st post from my brand new Nexus7. All I can say is WOW. Shits on Mrs E's iPad2 from such a massive height.""

Eames, I bought my GF one for xmas (she wanted laptop but thought a tablet be more handy for her) as for £200 you get the 32gb and it looked like a great little tablet. is it really better than the Ipad 2? I got it on my friends advice and the processor is exceptional I have benn told

Its definietly better than that Kindle Fire HD which i thought was crap.

So what is good about the Nexus 7 in your view that make sit better than a ipad 2?

Its more portable - stupid I know for a tablet - but the Nexus is easier and better in the hand. Personally - I prefer the screen to the iPads - although the colour saturation on my S3 is much better than the Nexus 7. It feels lighter - and at 7" is pocketable (just)

Obviously stuff like the OS is a preference thing - but the integration with my S3 is brilliant - especially the syncing with Chrome and googlebooks.

When you consider a 32gb ipad2 is almost double the price for a poorer processor - less (IMO) attractive screen, no widgets, half-arsed notifications support and the iTunes tie in ..... its a no brainer.

Oh and you get a free movie. (I got Ice Age) - not great but a nice touch when you iTunes just give you a bill it help.

I'm sure our more technically minded friends could give you a far better arguement but thats my two cents.

Working in the print design industry I come across so many Iphone users because they have macs and it just makes sense, however since the 5 came out it quite amazing how many have changed to Android and at least 3 have the Note II

Thanks for that eames! But didnt know that about the free film. How does that work?

My mate who is a whizz with this kind of stuff tells me the processor for nexus 7 is like havning four barins instead of one compared to other tablets so it must be a beast of a machine

Thanks for that eames! But didnt know that about the free film. How does that work?

My mate who is a whizz with this kind of stuff tells me the processor for nexus 7 is like havning four barins instead of one compared to other tablets so it must be a beast of a machine

The film was pre-loaded so wizards.... pixies.... dunno. Its there.

The only complaint I have is battery. Its not great - a couple of hours playing GTA: Vice City (**** YEAH!!) give the battery a kicking - compared to the iPad its an issue but then I suppose its probably the most intensive thing I could do on it - perma lit screen - constant touch interface..... sound output etc.

I do love it dearly though.

I'd fully agree with Eames that outside of the OS preference (I personally find iOS a bit of a joke these days in comparison), the Nexus 7 is perfectly portable. The size, weight, feel, everything is perfectly balanced for usability and portability.

With the amount of people I know who've recently bought N7's, I wouldn't mind seeing the sales figures.

Clean as a whislte. Yeah its great.

For £199 you really can't go wrong.

The £159 16GB is perhaps the better bet. As you'll be on WiFi almost all of the time anyway, you'll be using lots of cloud services to stream music and maybe video, so I'm not sure the extra 16GB is worth it for the money.

I was about to ask what the **** an otterbox was, then I decided I should probably just Google it. It looks like you could fire the top one out of a cannon at a brick wall and have the phone survive. The phone will look like shit though, wont it?

Still waiting on my Nexus 4, I decided to buy a bumper case for it. The official bumper sold out, but a lot of people have said this one is a good alternative. I'll post my thoughts if either the phone or the case arrive before I die of old age.

My S3 wants to update this morning? New firmware? I'm running 4.1.1 what's the upgrade? Is it worth it etc etc?

My S3 wants to update this morning? New firmware? I'm running 4.1.1 what's the upgrade? Is it worth it etc etc?

Just upgraded. Multi windows is amazing, for example I'm watching the video on you tube and writing this at the same time!

The layout of photos has changed meaning you can switch between the albums easily. There's another couple of features that I won't use.

Loving my new Nexus 7 32gb (£195 John Lewis with 2 year guarantee) and I'm a big Android fan since have a Samsung Galaxy and since then an S2. However the one thing where I think all those apple lovers may be right is that for what ever reason Apple has better apps, they get them released first, and then get tablet formats.

For example I cant download the Villa app on my Nexus 7 as it isn't compatible, like so many other apps that I have on my phone but cant get on my tablet, and very few of the ones that I do have are reshaped for tablet use. I love android but I think sadly this is its biggest problem!

Â