Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

Ordered my Nexus 4 at about 11pm last night, no problems with the site. 5-6 week wait on delivery, and unfortunately the bumpers were sold out as I'd have quite liked one of those.

I look forward to your opinion once you get it

Yep, but wording it like that is infinitely less frustrating that what they were doing before. Google are essentially taking pre orders which is something they probably should have done last month too.

Ok, lets see if anybody can help me.

For a number of months the data signal at work has been most of the time, close to unusable but I know it shouldn't be the case as we have a Vodafone mast on site. A few months back I had a Samsung Galaxy S (1) on Talk Mobile who use VF network and for a while it was perfect but then one day more often than not it struggles to connect to anything.

Then, I got a HTC One S on VF and on occasions it would be superb for browising on 3G/H but as before often would just seem to cycle through 3G/H/G etc without really getting anywhere.

This morning, with my new HTC One X web browsing was super fast, FIXED! I thought, but now its reverted back to how the others have all been.

Very frustrating as I know it can and should be working really well.

I'm wondering if there is a setting or an app that would help me? I'm wondering if for some reason my mobile is ignoring the obvious very close mast?

Pleeeassse help!

Ok, lets see if anybody can help me.

For a number of months the data signal at work has been most of the time, close to unusable but I know it shouldn't be the case as we have a Vodafone mast on site. A few months back I had a Samsung Galaxy S (1) on Talk Mobile who use VF network and for a while it was perfect but then one day more often than not it struggles to connect to anything.

Then, I got a HTC One S on VF and on occasions it would be superb for browising on 3G/H but as before often would just seem to cycle through 3G/H/G etc without really getting anywhere.

This morning, with my new HTC One X web browsing was super fast, FIXED! I thought, but now its reverted back to how the others have all been.

Very frustrating as I know it can and should be working really well.

I'm wondering if there is a setting or an app that would help me? I'm wondering if for some reason my mobile is ignoring the obvious very close mast?

Pleeeassse help!

Welcome to 3G in the UK. And they think LTE is going to be any good?

Welcome to 3G in the UK. And they think LTE is going to be any good?

What is really frustrating is that I sit at my desk at work, I have a work iPhone 4S that runs really quickly on 3G ALWAYS, yet my personal Android phone on the same network just hangs and won't connect on 3G.

Some people who ordered their Nexus 4's this week have already had them delivered. Seems ordering at about 19:00 was the best time.

Wha?

Well I hope that means we might be getting ours at least a little bit earlier than first thought.

It was only a very small group of people who got it early, and they were only from the people who were given an estimated wait of 4-5 weeks for the handset. Most of these people bought at about 19:00 and it seems they benefited from a glitch which bumped them to the front of the queue.

Not being funny here by the way, but what is so special about the Nexus 4 that means people are fighting over them and happy to wait 1-2months for delivery? Spec seems very similar to a number of other phones already out there.

Not being funny here by the way, but what is so special about the Nexus 4 that means people are fighting over them and happy to wait 1-2months for delivery? Spec seems very similar to a number of other phones already out there.

The price!

Ref my mobile and data connection, its going super fast again this morning as was it last night at home. It must be something specific about my particular positioning in this building relative to the mast that causes the speed to come and go.

I also think there's some sort of appeal in having the "stock" android, from what I read in this thread.

Although as I previously mentioned, the Nexus 7 I've been playing with has stock Android and the difference between that and the GS3 version is virtually nothing (to a layman anyway)

Does anybody here want to help this guy out? He is trying to get the full set of Google Now custom landscapes, and I would assume at least one of us can help him out with London. I would do it myself, but you need root access to get to the file path he needs the images from and I dont have root on my phone. You dont need an XDA account to post them, just do it here or via his Twitter. It's an interesting little project and its a shame it isnt getting a bit more love.

If your carrier supports the Nexus 4 will operate at a much faster data speed (almost but not quite LTE speeds) than most other Android handsets.

Â