Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

Swype means no qwerty keyboard isn't really an issue. It makes typing on a touchscreen a dream.

I can type faster on swype than I can using a hardware qwerty keyboard on a phone. Downloaded a typing test to see how fast I'm doing, and I can clock in at 50-60WPM using swype, it's really that good, especially when you get used to it and learn how imprecise you can be and still get the right results.

I see the Evo 4G has a TFT screen, seems HTC are moving that way. Having had time to play around with my mates Desire one of the things I don't like about it is the screen, seems a bit dull.

I see the Evo 4G has a TFT screen, seems HTC are moving that way. Having had time to play around with my mates Desire one of the things I don't like about it is the screen, seems a bit dull.

The only reason it has an LCD screen (both AMOLED and LCD are TFT) is price. 4.3inch AMOLED screens are still too expensive, so at that size LCD is really the only option.

AMOLED is the far superior technology, it's not going anywhere, and no one is moving away from it, people are moving towards it.

Tell your mate to turn up the brightness on the phone, the screen is anything but dull, AMOLED's are FAR brighter with more vibrant colours than LCD ones.

Swype is God.

I cant fathom the potential speed I can text on this with a bit of practice. It, by magic I assume, knows exactly what you are trying to type, even if you are miles off. Proper Genius the person who developed this.

HTC has said the Hero would be updated every month since November 2009. :(

I had a play with a Desire this morning and I was left very impressed. It's like the Hero on steroids isnt it? Very very impressed with it. The AMOLED screen is bloody lovely.

They're Androids - they're all fab.

After much deliberation, I went for the Xperia X10 in white. Goodbye iPhone and Blackberry. It was mainly for vanity reasons - I just preferred the look of it. The screen is much bigger, which make it ideal when viewing websites. The camera is 8.1mpx which is delightful for taking pictures.

The Desire and Xperia are both great phones. We all win.

Mr.Smalljob you are in htc land here. Mention the x10 will result in ridicule.

I have an x10 and its amazing, love it to bits. It was between the desire and x10 and I'm certain I made the right choice for me. When the os is updated in a fe months its a no brainer. Bigger screen, better camera and it looks so slick. Desire and nexus look ugly.

To each and there own, tech geeks will always stick with htc. Some of us like what sony do, and theres no doubt they have built a fantastic phone with the x10. You will not be disappointed at all.

This message was brought to you by swype on my x10

Oh and on the 1.6, 2.1 debate, if you are on your first android phone you ain't gonna know the difference without having used a phone with 2.1. Hardware over software is probably the best mantra. Anyway desire or x10, both the best on the market both down to preference.

Mr.Smalljob you are in htc land here. Mention the x10 will result in ridicule.

I have an x10 and its amazing, love it to bits. It was between the desire and x10 and I'm certain I made the right choice for me. When the os is updated in a fe months its a no brainer. Bigger screen, better camera and it looks so slick. Desire and nexus look ugly.

To each and there own, tech geeks will always stick with htc. Some of us like what sony do, and theres no doubt they have built a fantastic phone with the x10. You will not be disappointed at all.

This message was brought to you by swype on my x10

Must say I've always been a sony Ericsson fan, have just been waiting for a small mobile that could virtually everything, and this x10 mini is the one :-)

Never had android in my fon before so 1.6 will be ok to start with, and the x10 mini has got Top reviews here, so can't wait to get my hands on it 8)

gmote turns your phone into some kind of crazy future phone!

Okay, its just a fancy media streaming device (you can wirelessly stream music and video from your PC to your phone, or use your phone as a remote control for your PC) but its free and its very very cool.

I have a Hero, does anyone else?

If so, do you run custom ROMs on it?

Does it improve the phone much and worthy of upgrading and finding the time in researching how to do it?

I still have the original orange ROM and it's well... a bit pants.

i've been using the net a fair bit on my new xperia, plus i signed up to the mobile tv and ive watched that a bit, and ive got apps like last fm running that require net access etc

ive managed to use up my "unlimited" internet in 6 days! ive got a feeling vodafone are going to rape me on my bill

Â