Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

Will Chromecast play stuff like iPlayer and RTE player (assuming you're watching it through a chrome browser)?

My mom fancies one for that reason and don't want her to buy one if it aint gonna work

What are people's impressions of the HTC One M8?

Crap name, but looks like an excellent phone, if the battery is as good as it promises to be it'll be excellent, in my opinion. 

Is battery tech getting better?

What are people's impressions of the HTC One M8?

Crap name, but looks like an excellent phone, if the battery is as good as it promises to be it'll be excellent, in my opinion. 

Is battery tech getting better?

I'm in agreement with what Conor said above. As for the battery, no not really. It's just bigger

• Like 1

Thanks for the link Limpid, good read.

I know mobile tech is getting smaller and more efficient, so does that now mean that manufacturers are simply whacking in bigger batteries, and still keeping phones slim?

One of the big draws for me of a device is battery life and expandable storage. The reason I've stuck with my s2 for so long is that upgrades have been incremental in terms of hardware and with my expanded battery I can get over a days use out of it.

Google Play Edition. In the US you can buy some of the premium phones direct from Google running Android in its pure form with no manufacturer crap. Usually it's fairlyeasy to buy the normal version and flash it to the GPe software.

Edited by limpid
Apostrophe error
  • Like 1

Once they bring a GPe of the new HTC One I'll buy it.

The smartphone world will be a bad place if they don't sell loads of these. They're making the best phones, hands down. Well done again HTC

What makes the new HTC stand out from the S5?

I can no longer open files from my Dropbox account, my polaris office seems to not be working and the upgrade isn't compatible with my device, galaxy s3.

Could anyone recommend a good office app, preferably free to download.

Thanks in advance.

I can no longer open files from my Dropbox account, my polaris office seems to not be working and the upgrade isn't compatible with my device, galaxy s3.

Factory reset. And then install cyanogenmod.

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice Limpid. I'm useless with tech stuff so I don't actually know what that is, but I'll look into it and work out how to download it when I get home later.

Thanks again for the replies.

Thanks for the advice Limpid. I'm useless with tech stuff so I don't actually know what that is, but I'll look into it and work out how to download it when I get home later.

Thanks again for the replies.

The S3 is doing my head in. Regular crashing, laggy, clunky ui to name just a few issues.

Before you ditch it. Give the Cyanogenmod a go. It's brilliant. I put it on my sons S3 and it's a new phone all together. And it does OTA updates as well so no need to mess around. That way you get the MotoG os features with the good hardware from the S3. Dead easy to do from your computer.

If one wants to be a bit brave, Cyanogenmod has a simple installer now if you want to install their custom rom with a few clicks. Just beware, you void your warranty and the device will be wiped.

The good part is continuous updates and a Nexus feel to the OS

http://get.cm

Just make sure it's the 3g version of the S3 and it's dead easy

Going to go for the new HTC One M8. Looks well but I'm going for a white urbanarmorgear case for a bit of drop protection. Want the gold finish so i will have to wait a week or so. Anyone got one already for a quick review?

Been playing around with the s4 for a few days and touchwiz design choices and the usual sammy criticisms (cheap, plastic, gimmicky) aside I have to say, its a very good piece of tech. I had the s3 about 18 months ago and this is on a different level to it. Its so light, looks a lot better in the hand than it does in pictures and is a joy to use. Glad I went for it & getting it cheaper instead of paying over the odds for an s5 or something similar.

Oh and the functionality with the gear is great fun too. 

Â