Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

For anyone tempted by Nexus 4 Scan are doing a refurbished 8GB for £109.99, refurbished 16GB for £155 or a new 8GB for £142.

I've had a number of 'refurbished' products over the years from a wide variety of retailers and the item itself has always been mint without any signs at all of use.

Absolutely loving my N5, and such  breath of fresh air after years with a Blackberry for work.

At the moment I'm manually turning off my mobile data when I'm at home or work, using wifi instead, but is there a way of setting this up automatically?

Everytime I leave the building I forget to turn the mobile data back on  :blush:

This is probably a silly question, but I'm asking it anyway.

When I get my N5, does the Google Play Store have all my app purchases saved?

i.e. when I sign in to my new phone will I be able to re-download all my apps?

Or should I be backing my phone up separately.

First time I've gone form Android phone to Android phone. On iphone you'd back up the phone on iTunes.

First time I've gone form Android phone to Android phone. On iphone you'd back up the phone on iTunes.

The backup feature on your google account, if turned on, will restore your installed apps on the new phone if you let it.

What I don't know is if the actual data is backed up as well, like how many levels you have completed in Angry birds for example. That might take a 3rd party backup to solve. Anyone know?

Mazuma rarely offer the best price in my experience. Check out these results.

Went for one of these in the end.

£132

Cheers for the comparison site. The one I used didn't have those high results on!

Don't think I'd have gotten more than that on ebay :thumb:

Yes you will. Any paid apps you have will be available for free download but it won't save level progress etc.... it is a clean slate unless there is some magic way of doing it I don't know about.

It's also worth making sure all your contacts are attached to your google account, rather than just stored on the phone/sim (go into contacts on your phone>settings>import/export)

If you've got the 'Back up my data' box in backup and reset ticked then it ought to backup your settings and data.

Also worthwhile checking that your keyboard data (ie your personal dictionary) is backed up - swiftkey has a thing called connect where it stores it in the cloud.

Cheers all.

I use the google keyboard so I assume that would be included in the rest of the backup data?

I'll make sure all those settings are sorted before I factory reset.

Will it back up photos too? (it doesn't matter, I have them all on DropBox anyway. Just curious)

Absolutely loving my N5, and such  breath of fresh air after years with a Blackberry for work.

At the moment I'm manually turning off my mobile data when I'm at home or work, using wifi instead, but is there a way of setting this up automatically?

Everytime I leave the building I forget to turn the mobile data back on  :blush:

With wifi being a battery hog when it is not connected, you should leave mobile data on all the time and turn off wifi when you leave home / work.

Use Llama to automate this.

• Like 1

With wifi being a battery hog when it is not connected, you should leave mobile data on all the time and turn off wifi when you leave home / work.

Use Llama to automate this.

Or Battery guru

Â