Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

Since updating to 4.3 on my S3 I can't use data. I can still make calls etc.. Just not use the internet, I have checked the settings and everything is as it should so have no idea why.

Any ideas? I've googled it but can't find an answer.

My wife managed to leave a bag with our Nexus 10 in a taxi last night, of course when we called the taxi company we simply 'had not left anything in there'

:( 

Any options? I tried tracking it with google locate thing but its not been turned on :(

Since updating to 4.3 on my S3 I can't use data. I can still make calls etc.. Just not use the internet, I have checked the settings and everything is as it should so have no idea why.

My S3 has been fine with both GiffGaff* and 3 SIMs since the upgrade. If you've not already tried, try toggling airplane mode, otherwise you'll probably need to do a factory reset.

* GiffGaff requires you to manually enter the APN settings.

My wife managed to leave a bag with our Nexus 10 in a taxi last night, of course when we called the taxi company we simply 'had not left anything in there'

:(

Any options? I tried tracking it with google locate thing but its not been turned on :(

I made a bit of a scene and some veiled threats to the taxi firm and miraculously he 'found' the bag shortly after........

:)

Anybody else having issues with Google+ using loads of background data? Mine has used 0.9gb this month and it's never used anything remotely close to that before. I have sync photos set to only on WiFi, so that shouldn't be causing the problem.

I don't even use Google+, the only use I have is for the auto backup of photos.

My S3 has been fine with both GiffGaff* and 3 SIMs since the upgrade. If you've not already tried, try toggling airplane mode, otherwise you'll probably need to do a factory reset.

* GiffGaff requires you to manually enter the APN settings.

Well wouldn't you know! I did all the complicated stuff first then just tried airplane mode toggle and it worked!

Thanks Simon :)

My Google Now still isn't working since the update on my S3. ANyone else having problems?

Mine is fine, in fact it's even better than it was before.

My Google Now still isn't working since the update on my S3. ANyone else having problems?

At the risk of being patronising, have you opened up google search since the update? If not, do it.

At the risk of being patronising, have you opened up google search since the update? If not, do it.
I've tried to.

It opens up for a split second, literally flashes onto the screen and then immediately shuts down again.

Apps are all up to date. Dunno what's wrong with it

So both Google Now and Google Search aren't working? Are any other Google things not working - like keep, play store, music, movies, etc?

most of the google stuff stopped working after the big recent update. When my phone booted everything would crash (google plus, maps, goggles etc)

But everything then fixed itself when I updated all the apps.

Apart from google now. There's no more updates for that, and still isn't working

Â