• £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as I can see all GB has said is when he had all the plop speculation it messed up his head. The advice to get it sorted one way or the other asap is the most sense any of the involved parties has said to date?

The problem for me is that I read it like he tells Milner to talk to MON and ask him to lower the price as he wants to go to citeh.

:lol:

MON does not have Milner's interest in mind here, he has Aston Villa's - so if Milner tried to ask Martin to lower the price then Martin would laugh in his face. Milner has no control over his valuation - and how exactly is he ove valued? Man City were willing to splash £24m on Lescott and if you comapre his performaces against Milner then you will see Milner is fully justified with our valuation.

Why would Martin do what Milner wants, Milner beign a player is hopin to leave us. City wnat Milner more than we want to sell him. That said, all this transfer talk is so annoying now, wish it could all be sorted.

As for Barry? Pfft.

The problem for me is that I read it like he tells Milner to talk to MON and ask him to lower the price as he wants to go to citeh.

:lol:

MON does not have Milner's interest in mind here, he has Aston Villa's - so if Milner tried to ask Martin to lower the price then Martin would laugh in his face. Milner has no control over his valuation - and how exactly is he ove valued? Man City were willing to splash £24m on Lescott and if you comapre his performaces against Milner then you will see Milner is fully justified with our valuation.

Why would Martin do what Milner wants, Milner beign a player is hopin to leave us. City wnat Milner more than we want to sell him. That said, all this transfer talk is so annoying now, wish it could all be sorted.

As for Barry? Pfft.

Didn't say he would, just that I'm a bit annoyed with Barry telling him that. IF I read him right. He should shut the f**k up about this. Wether MON would do that or not is irrelevant to me. We just don't want a player who's trying to force his way out like that.

To be fair to us, Milner doesn't have a lot to complain about as far as his valuation goes. It may be higher than Manchester City wants to pay, but we are supposedly offering him a new contract that would bring his salary in line with our asking price. It's not the same situation as he had at Newcastle, who were putting a big transfer fee on him but refusing to offer him a new contract with improved terms.

One of the things that annoys me most about this Milner situation is, that only about 6-8 months ago Milner was singing MON and Villa's praises. He was basically saying how playing for a settled club with a settled manager, not a manager conveyor belt like at Newcastle, was improving his game. Now 6 months down the line, Man City wave a wad of cash at him and those thoughts leave his mind, the manager conveyor belt won't be a problem for him anymore, because let's face it Mancini will probably be fired by Christmas if they don't look like getting Champs League.

Footballers eh, imo you can't believe a word that comes out of their mouths.

One of the things that annoys me most about this Milner situation is, that only about 6-8 months ago Milner was singing MON and Villa's praises. He was basically saying how playing for a settled club with a settled manager, not a manager conveyor belt like at Newcastle, was improving his game. Now 6 months down the line, Man City wave a wad of cash at him and those thoughts leave his mind, the manager conveyor belt won't be a problem for him anymore, because let's face it Mancini will probably be fired by Christmas if they don't look like getting Champs League.

Totally agree and thats how the Villa management feel !

Mysteryman, would you say that because Milner wants to go, MON now wants him to go as well (obv providing the fee is right)?

Well tell them to cut their loses and sell him. Let just move on.

this is just getting boring, seriously

if adebayor is available i say we try get him and about 14m

Id be more inclined for 10m + Tevez, Adebayor, Silva, Given, Both Toure brothers, Adam Johnson and Kompany.

Both Toure brothers?

Are the Villa mangement that naieve?
I think that depends upon the stance you are taking at a particular time to be honest.

So only when a section of fans want them to be

this is just getting boring, seriously

if adebayor is available i say we try get him and about 14m

Id be more inclined for 10m + Tevez, Adebayor, Silva, Given, Both Toure brothers, Adam Johnson and Kompany.

Both Toure brothers?

Yeah as in Yaya and kolo?

... Milner ... how exactly is he ove valued? Man City were willing to splash £24m on Lescott and if you comapre his performaces against Milner then you will see Milner is fully justified with our valuation.

That's all very well in the abstract, but the concrete reality is:

(a) Villa's transfer strategy this summer is dead in the water until the situation is resolved, because otherwise you won't even know for sure whether Mllner needs to be replaced and you won't - it seems - have lots cash to spend unless he is sold.

(B) If he isn't sold now, his price will likely drop for January or next summer, and in the meantime you'll be left with an unhappy, frustrated player.

To be honest, City have you over a barrel. They could sign anyone out of plenty of alternatives to Milner if needs be, they know you could do with the cash, they know Milner wants out, they know his price will drop if not sold this summer, they know the damage the situation is causing to your transfer strategy ... so they don't need to hurry. I don't imagine it would bother them in the slightest to keep stringing you along until the very last moment, and then pull out altogether and sign someone else instead.

Holding out for 30m is very risky and I'd guess you won't get it.