• £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So ive been away for the last 2 weeks and avoided the whole Milner situation, whats the feeling towards him, hated or liked still? As far as i can see he hasn't said much during the whole thing. And there is no way he is injured, if there offer is £24 mil then snap their hands off!

So ive been away for the last 2 weeks and avoided the whole Milner situation, whats the feeling towards him, hated or liked still? As far as i can see he hasn't said much during the whole thing. And there is no way he is injured, if there offer is £24 mil then snap their hands off!

I think alot of people are gutted but it's probably more unanimously a "bleh", at the moment, as in get the money and move on, both because it seems we have to sell to buy, he wasnt with us long enough, and we've learned from the GB situation. WE JUST WANT IT SORTED ONE WAY OR ANOTHER!. Don't know if he were to stay we could ever accept him the same way though.

Fat Barry's View

JAMES MILNER has been told to square up to Martin O’Neill if he wants to join Manchester City.

City midfielder Gareth Barry ­believes confronting the Aston Villa boss is the only way Milner will be granted his wish to move to Eastlands.

Barry was in the same situation two years ago when his dream move to Liverpool was ­scuppered by O’Neill’s refusal to drop his asking price.

Villa are holding out for £30m, but City won’t go above £24m.

“My advice to him would be to try to get the situation sorted as quickly as possible,” said Barry.

“Mentally it is tough to deal with and it does mess with your brain. It was probably the longest summer of my life, not knowing what was happening. I am sure the quicker James knows the ­situation – whether he is going to come to us or stay at Villa – it will be better for him.

“My advice is for him to speak to Martin O’Neill and then he can concentrate on what needs to be done for the season.

“It is hard to say that Martin or Villa are doing anything wrong. They have put a valuation on James and they are within their rights to turn offers down.

“He is in the same spot as I was, but that is football. As soon as I had made my mind up it was not going to happen, and committed to playing for Villa, my mind stopped wandering elsewhere.”

Milner missed Saturday’s 3-1 win over Feyenoord at the ­weekend with a back injury.

This is getting really boring now. Mon should just agree a fee as i think the uncertainty is not good for the team. Also we need a new centre midfielder badly as at moment this is our weakness as NRC/Petrov/Sidwell doesnt look strong to start the season

Fat Barry's View

JAMES MILNER has been told to square up to Martin O’Neill if he wants to join Manchester City.

City midfielder Gareth Barry ­believes confronting the Aston Villa boss is the only way Milner will be granted his wish to move to Eastlands.

Barry was in the same situation two years ago when his dream move to Liverpool was ­scuppered by O’Neill’s refusal to drop his asking price.

Villa are holding out for £30m, but City won’t go above £24m.

“My advice to him would be to try to get the situation sorted as quickly as possible,” said Barry.

“Mentally it is tough to deal with and it does mess with your brain. It was probably the longest summer of my life, not knowing what was happening. I am sure the quicker James knows the ­situation – whether he is going to come to us or stay at Villa – it will be better for him.

“My advice is for him to speak to Martin O’Neill and then he can concentrate on what needs to be done for the season.

“It is hard to say that Martin or Villa are doing anything wrong. They have put a valuation on James and they are within their rights to turn offers down.

“He is in the same spot as I was, but that is football. As soon as I had made my mind up it was not going to happen, and committed to playing for Villa, my mind stopped wandering elsewhere.”

Milner missed Saturday’s 3-1 win over Feyenoord at the ­weekend with a back injury.

Oof.

Barry of all ppl should just shut up.

What the ****. I thought when I saw that line "Shit, can't believe Barry has said this!!!"......and then I read it and what a stupid first line.

Squaring up means.....wait...

my advice is for him to speak to Martin O'Neill and then he can concentrate on what needs to be done for the season

:lol:

Even so he should just say nothing at all about it .

It was probably part of an interview where's he asked questions.

He's hardly said anything bad at all has he?

He hasn't said "He should join me here, it's great" or something along those lines. He's just said, the quicker it's over the better. Which is also what we are all thinking.

Barry as got himself a bit mixed up I think. The ball is firmly in Man Citys court. Milner speaking to Martin O'Neill isn't going to change the fact that Man City haven't met our valuation.

Maybe Barry should have a word with Mancini and tell him to pay the asking price.