What would you do?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

Re the Non players don't think they are cutting back they have just employed another person who was at Blues to work in the Press Office / Media office .

He isn't pulling the funding I think he is just taking stock and saying we have spent nigh on 30 mill on players either MON won't play or just sitting on a bench . Trouble is we just simply can't compete money wise with the big boys

So he has given up on getting CL football then and want us to have free players that sit on the bench? Players that cost nothing in wages? Does this also mean that MON must always play every player that earns more than a certain amount per week from now on? No matter how they perform? Then Lerner has certainly **** up Villa, that is for sure. Also, you need to be very careful with how you word things on here. People seem to assume you are always giving us the inside scoop whenever you post.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

James Milner faces talks with Martin O'Neill on future

Aston Villa manager Martin O'Neill is set to hold further talks with James Milner on Monday to discuss the midfielder's future.

O'Neill revealed last week that the 24-year-old England international had expressed a desire to leave the club amid interest from Manchester City.

And with Milner back in training after a month off following the World Cup, O'Neill is keen to resolve the issue.

Villa are due to fly out to Portugal on Wednesday for pre-season training.

As it stands, Milner will join them but much will depend on what occurs at Monday's meeting with O'Neill.

Following that, O'Neill revealed that Milner "intimated he wanted to go" but added that the club will not allow the player to leave unless their valuation is met.

"City made an offer but it did not meet our valuation. I'd imagine things will be resolved in the foreseeable future," said the Northern Irishman last week.

The ongoing transfer saga echoes that which resulted in Gareth Barry eventually swapping the Midlands for Manchester in June 2009 in a £12m deal.

And BBC Sport's football reporter Pat Murphy said on Radio 5 live: "O'Neill wants to talk to Milner over his version of a meeting held on 31 May attended by, amongst others, owner/chairman Randy Lerner.

Unless Milner makes it clear he wants no part in Villa's future, he will have to travel with the squad to Portugal on Wednesday for pre-season training

BBC Sport's football reporter Pat Murphy

"O'Neill is adamant Milner would not discuss a new contract. As far as O'Neill is concerned, Milner wanted to leave Villa.

"Milner, however, is challenging that interpretation - possibly because the player fears a backlash from supporters similar to that experienced by Barry a couple of years ago. But O'Neill is in no mood to have his version of that May 31st meeting challenged.

"Unless Milner makes it clear he wants no part in Villa's future, he will have to travel with the squad to Portugal on Wednesday for pre-season training.

"Monday's face-to-face meeting will have to resolve that situation."

Manchester City have splashed out more than £80m this summer already, prompting many to tip Roberto Mancini's outfit for a Premier League title challenge this season.

BBC

Imagine if Milner wanted to stay and signed a contract, saying he had thought about it during summer and saw his future at Villa.

Would MON take him back or think i could spend that 25mill on Steve Guppy,Muzzy Izzet & Matt Elliott, your off regardless!

Imagine if Milner wanted to stay and signed a contract, saying he had thought about it during summer and saw his future at Villa.

Would MON take him back or think i could spend that 25mill on Steve Guppy,Muzzy Izzet & Matt Elliott, your off regardless!

He could but given they retired many moons ago its highly unlikely. Far more likely would be him being happy to keep Milner or spending the money and do what he has done previously and bring in players of the calibre of Ashley Young and James Milner.

Re the Non players don't think they are cutting back they have just employed another person who was at Blues to work in the Press Office / Media office .

He isn't pulling the funding I think he is just taking stock and saying we have spent nigh on 30 mill on players either MON won't play or just sitting on a bench . Trouble is we just simply can't compete money wise with the big boys

So he has given up on getting CL football then and want us to have free players that sit on the bench? Players that cost nothing in wages? Does this also mean that MON must always play every player that earns more than a certain amount per week from now on? No matter how they perform? Then Lerner has certainly **** up Villa, that is for sure. Also, you need to be very careful with how you word things on here. People seem to assume you are always giving us the inside scoop whenever you post.

What a daft comment. (See what I did there...)

That's obviously not what MM was implying. It's fairly obvious to everyone that it's a waste of money to have 5 or 6 players in the squad who are earning higher than £30k/£40k/£50k a week and aren't playing or even making the bench.

We could easily offload these players and replace them with youngsters or players of a similar/ better ability but with lower wages.

Delfouneso - he could replace Heskey in the squad and is surely on at least half Heskey's wages.

Clark - he could replace Davies, "see above" regarding wages.

Then we could bring in players like KPB who will probably ask for lower wages than what Sidwell is one. A young right back to be paid less than what Beye is on.

etc etc.

Davies- Probably also gone backwards in his time at villa, largely due to injuries that have plagued him throughout his career though, I still rate him though and hope he gets his career back on track

Heskey- Ibut why would we want bent i mean he is shockin but defoe would have been a god signing so i agree with that but notg bent

He could but given they retired many moons ago its highly unlikely. Far more likely would be him being happy to keep Milner or spending the money and do what he has done previously and bring in players of the calibre of Ashley Young and James Milner.

Or the calibre of Heskey and NRC?

Am only messing Mark :)

How about Steve Walsh?

Be good if Milner does decide to stay, lets hope he's not read any fan forums to gauge opinion though...

Davies- Probably also gone backwards in his time at villa, largely due to injuries that have plagued him throughout his career though, I still rate him though and hope he gets his career back on track

Heskey- Ibut why would we want bent i mean he is shockin but defoe would have been a god signing so i agree with that but notg bent

Bent shocking? that's a laughable comment although we would've have got him for £8m or whatever

Isn't this the case at most professional sports clubs??

Its an occupational hazard surely?.

Redknap on ssn saying they are not in for milner and that he'd be way out of their price range.

Thanks Arry, not like it has anything to do with you!

He's just telling us the facts and quickly correcting media lies. I wish more managers would do that. Can we take Spurs off the thread title now please Mods?

Redknap on ssn saying they are not in for milner and that he'd be way out of their price range.

Er, yeah you know, Jimmy Milner is a good playa and all that, you know, be happy to have 'ere at Tot'num but er you know e's an Villa playa and thats their perogative kinda fing *twitch*, but e'd be something we might've liked you know, which is why I'm torkin' to ya now kinda fing, but he's not coming to Laaaahndan, which, you know, he might like kinda fing *twitch* but to be honest ya just can't get braaaan paper bags big enough for the kinda deals you see today, an o'course it's just not the same when you have to rock up wiv tha marney in a wheelbarra, it's not the same kinda fing as it was back when I wuz at Bornmuff, sheepskin, tap on the shoulda, hand behind the back, nod and wink, and Roberts your unkle. Couldn't do that wiv a Milner deal. Just couldn't. I'd like to though, and deep daarn, I'm sure Jimmy would to... see wouldn't need the braan envelope for him, carrier bag'd do, prefeably Sainsburys as Chaz an' Dave'd tell ya, kinda fing