What would you do?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

well, lets take the positives........ lets get Stephen Ireland and Micah Richards off them - with cash left over to get Keano and McGeady - straight away were stronger

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he goes, ill be genuinly interested to see what they do with him. I think that he probably would get a lot of first team football, like Barry has this past year. But like Barry, it'll be a year, at most, in the team before he's replaced for someone better.

Milner can basically **** off and rot with the other Man City mercenaries.

A "model professional" they called him on SSN. Absolute and utter bollox, his actions are showing him to be just a pro, more interested in who he can screw more money out of. The club owe him nothing, in the whole scheme of things he owes us after taking him from that shower of Geordie shite twice. If he had stayed at NU would he have played in the last WC?

Milner the next Bosnich

Well said. TBH I don't give a shit though, if we can get £25m we are the winners.

echoing welfares comments, my opinion of Milner has just gone through the floor

IMO he deserves a bigger backlash than Barry, at least with Barry we got 10 years service and he had never moved clubs so probably deserved a new challenge and the chance to earn some money from a move

We paid good money for Milner 2 years ago and have turned him from an average prem player to one of the best prem players

Is 2 years service enough? I don't think so but i'd love to know what footballers deem good service now, 1 year? 6 months?

So much is wrong with football and has been for a few years now, all true fans outside of Man Utd, Chelsea and Man City must be getting fed up with the way the games gone

Can you all calm down,Pete Fraser knows nothing, he consistantly predicts bolloxs

madness aint it, it took me forever to find it on the website, and then when i did its some randomer saying o'neill has said. When has he said exactly?

This is no more than an article in the mirror

Oh, great. :(

Football can **** right off for me at the moment.

This in a big way. Bring in a **** salary cap FFS. Lots of team sports around the world have. No, the Sky 4 and FA wouldn't allow it. Bad for the Asian market.

Sadly that is true. The only way to make the league competitive again is cap squad size and salaries for the squads, which will level the playing field in an instant. Won't happen though as the big 4 will threaten breakaway league.

Milner can basically **** off and rot with the other Man City mercenaries.

A "model professional" they called him on SSN. Absolute and utter bollox, his actions are showing him to be just a pro, more interested in who he can screw more money out of. The club owe him nothing, in the whole scheme of things he owes us after taking him from that shower of Geordie shite twice. If he had stayed at NU would he have played in the last WC?

Milner the next Bosnich

Name another football that wouldn't Ian?

All footballers would **** over their mums for some cash (well maybe not that extreme)

Milner was one of the few who i thought wouldn't be fussed about the money.

He probably sees it more likely of winning something with City than us as well unfortunately i think he is right.

Good riddunce.

i've said all summer the guy is unbelievably over-hyped.

As long as we get the money we want - let him go and go and get better (and Ireland is better by the way).

He is a work-a-holic - no doubt. But he ain't class. If he was, why the hell are we craving a midfielder with some skill !.

He just thinks of money, he did at Leeds and Newcastle, now us.

Bye bye you money grabbing ....... - and go and enjoy the bench at City - co you aint fit to lace Barrys boots never mind the likes of Silva!

Interesting by MON to release this information now, i think he's now dangling the carrott to Man City to make an offer.

Pretty much my thoughts on the matter.

and mine

but at the same time i think he's protecting us from having a miserable player at the club next season, if milner stays at least because city dont up the offer he cant blame us

i read it as put up or shut up, speed things up or piss off, good move IMO

I have to say, despite prepping myself for this eventuality all summer that I'm really quite disappoined and a little despondent.

I kind of figured all along that it would be the clubs choice to sell him, not his.

To hear quotes attributed to him saying that he doesn't want to play for Aston Villa makes me feel ill. I can honestly say that I truly detest Manchester City now, absolutely detest them.

On an ever so slightly lighter note though, we can at least put to bed this rubbish about the club doing nothing to keep him being as they offered to make him the highest paid player in the clubs history BEFORE the world cup.

i do agree Paulanddonya, I like Milner as a player but some of the comments on here make you think we have Messi in our team, He is very Overrated by most villa fans and as long as O'Neill replaces him I have no problem with him leaving because we will be getting a big wad of cash for a player who is worth no more than 16 million IMO

Gosh what a suprise. He wants to go. Who didn't see that coming?

This will roll on for weeks further as we once again sell our best player. Still at least this one came at the right time so to speak, when it looks like we've ran out of cash to spend.

Him moving to Manchester City is everything that has made me hate football. Everything that has stopped me buying a season ticket this year. Everything that has made it clearly obvious that as a sport it's over.

Unless City are going to be playing with an abnormal number of midfielders, he'll find it hard to get in that team regularly. Maybe he should look towards Barry, who after one year has been replaced and will soon find that long awaited chance with England has gone. It's a shame for the England team too, because he won't be getting first team football regularly. Still, when he's not playing for the first team at leaast he'll be in the 'Elite squad'.