What would you do?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

... with the signings of Yaya and Silva imminent, as well as the team being a year older, I would imagine that we'll kick on again this year. ... .

I wouldn't bank on it if I were you. A collection of big-money players is one thing, but it's quite another to develop a gelled team that fits together well, is adapted to the Prem, has the right balance, has team spirit and fights hard.

You have a point with that. Too many City fans seem to think that playing Football Manager gives them an informed opinion on how to manage a team. Real Madrid have shown that you can buy everybody you like and still fail. Despite all of the Kaka's, Ronaldo's and Benzema's, their best players last season were Van Der Vaart and Higuain. There is an argument that the most high profile players in the world are (mostly) the best players in the world, but a squad full of them is a recipe for disaster. I was pretty happy with our transfers last season as the type of players who came in were pretty much all Premiership veterans. With the signings of Toure (nailed on) and Silva (perhaps) this year, it seems that we are now trying to get the next level of player.

I'm not entirely sure where Milner fits in to this jigsaw. I think that he is easily top four quality, but unless we're about to sell SWP (which is a possibility as we've refused his new contract demands of £120,000 a week), I don't see where he will play. Adam Johnson will definitely not be dropped, Bellamy maybe as his legs are going, which means AJ could go on the left and Milner on the right. Don't see him playing for us in the centre in front of Barry, De Jong, Toure and possibly Silva. I still think that the deal will involve Stephen Ireland in some way, shape, or form as he looks like he needs a new club to freshen his career up and as Milner is in your centre, it makes sense.

PS. Regardless of who you sign I fully expect Spurs to stuff you in the opening league fixture ;)

As do I, unfortunately.

I don't think the WC has done anything to dissuade the Milner transfer from anybody at City. After all, we don't just randomly sit around and go "errr...yeah I want him". We have a large scouting network, and Mancini has said that he had a list of players in January that we would go for at the end of the season, which I presume includes Milner.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's very likely you'll sell SWP. He's garbage and nowhere near good enough for you now.

And hasn't football gone mad when he asks for somewhere in the region of 100k a week? He's absolute crap. I'd be seriously pissed off if he was part of any swap deal.

really like milner but 30 mill for him is stupid money!if i knew we would buy 2 15 million pound players or 3 10 million pound players id really want it 2 happen but to be honest i cant see a 15 million pound player wanting to come to aston villa maybe a few more 12 million pound players like downing who are actually worth about 4!that will do

Damocles, I have met Garry Cooke actually and he's a complete and utter clearing in the woods. That's a pretty consistent opinion of him by the way.

And if you need it explaining to you why Villa are a top club you know absolutely **** all about football. Which doesn't at all suprise me.

Lerner is the best thing that ever happened to you simply because he isn't Doug Ellis

What **** tripe. Which idiot pamphlet did you read that in?

Winning the highest honours possible is the best thing that's ever happened to our club.

If you ever earn such honours to go with your stupid stars, you'll understand.

Despite all of the Kaka's, Ronaldo's and Benzema's, their best players last season were Van Der Vaart and Higuain.

I'm pretty sure that Ronaldo's 26 goals in 29 games made him a better and more important player than Van Der Vaart's 6 goals in 26 games.

Presumably we don't like the first three because they turned you down?

As much as we'd all rather Milner stayed, regardless of money, imagine if this were to happen:

Oneill realises that as soon as we sell Milner for £30m, we wont be able to buy a packet of crisps for less than £2m.

Therefore he thinks, "I'll get a shrewd bit of business in place, then let young Jimmy go and sit on the bench"

So next monday morning we release a statement announcing that Jimmy is on his way up to Manchester for talks. At the same time, we've got Ireland, Boussoufa and Rodallega sat in Oneill's office up at Bodymore.

Would anyone not be exceptionally excited by that?

As much as we'd all rather Milner stayed, regardless of money, imagine if this were to happen:

Oneill realises that as soon as we sell Milner for £30m, we wont be able to buy a packet of crisps for less than £2m.

Therefore he thinks, "I'll get a shrewd bit of business in place, then let young Jimmy go and sit on the bench"

So next monday morning we release a statement announcing that Jimmy is on his way up to Manchester for talks. At the same time, we've got Ireland, Boussoufa and Rodallega sat in Oneill's office up at Bodymore.

id be driving him,or id even give him a crossbar on my by bike if he wanted..could we just refuse to release the figure we have paid though??

id be driving him,or id even give him a crossbar on my by bike if he wanted..could we just refuse to release the figure we have paid though??

Being a private company, yes - and we usually do so aswell.

I think as soon as he goes though, player prices (to us atleast) will go through the roof. It would make good business sense if Oneill got some deals in place before hand, though im not convinced he will.

Despite all of the Kaka's, Ronaldo's and Benzema's, their best players last season were Van Der Vaart and Higuain.

I'm pretty sure that Ronaldo's 26 goals in 29 games made him a better and more important player than Van Der Vaart's 6 goals in 26 games.

Presumably we don't like the first three because they turned you down?

When exactly did we bid for Ronaldo and Benzema?

You have a point on Ronaldo though being important to Real Madrid last season.

Damocles, I have met Garry Cooke actually and he's a complete and utter clearing in the woods. That's a pretty consistent opinion of him by the way.

And if you need it explaining to you why Villa are a top club you know absolutely **** all about football. Which doesn't at all suprise me.

Lerner is the best thing that ever happened to you simply because he isn't Doug Ellis

Winning the highest honours possible is the best thing that's ever happened to our club.

You won the European Cup?

Anyway, I guess I need someone to explain the definition of 'top club' then, care to help out?

Anyway, I guess I need someone to explain the definition of 'top club' then, care to help out?

its the the opposite to you's..you's are a much hated bag of shit football club if you ask me..

Yes, we won the European Cup. Did you not know this?

Definition of top club, let me see...

Top club

Basically, it wouldn't matter if the Grand Emperor of the Andromeda Galaxy landed and bought your club with a billion tons of Alien wargold. You'll only ever be the Birmingham City of Manchester.

Yes, we won the European Cup. Did you not know this?

Definition of top club, let me see...

Top club

Basically, it wouldn't matter if the Grand Emperor of the Andromeda Galaxy landed and bought your club with a billion tons of Alien wargold. You'll only ever be the Birmingham City of Manchester.

:thumb:

A lot of speculation about Ireland, Onahua, SWP and Richards but I think the player that we ought to really be going for if we are to let Milner go in a cash + player swap is Joe Hart. Hart & Ireland + 12m would be really good business.

A lot of speculation about Ireland, Onahua, SWP and Richards but I think the player that we ought to really be going for if we are to let Milner go in a cash + player swap is Joe Hart. Hart & Ireland + 12m would be really good business.
they might have **** loads of money,but the aren't that silly.Hart is worth shit loads alone.

a tad optimistic I think! I'd take Hart and Ireland + £5m

Man City fans are efing prats. They are not a top club for all their billions and whatever.

They will always be in Fergies shadow and they HATE that. Small time poxy nobodies. Nobody in their right mind would go there if it wasn't for the money they will be getting. They don't care about the club all they care about is their wage packet. :lol: