1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

£30m and Ireland - nothing less.

Think thats taking the piss a bit.

If they offered us Ireland, we'd only get another 10-15m cash.

I'd rather a straight cash deal, 25m, use the money to sign Jamie O'Hara at Tottenham and a few others. There was talking of Avram Grant taking O'Hara to West Ham for as little as something like 6m. Bargain if you ask me, really good player, and plenty to spend on other areas of the side that need attention, such as a forward.

Why is it taking the piss? He is our player, we can ask what we want.

O'Hara isn't exactly a brilliant player either.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've said it before, and will say it again. James Milner wants to play Champions League football. Fact. I have a source that has told me this that has spoken to James himself.

The understanding is unclear to when he wants it though. If he wants it now, he won't go to City, if he wants it in the next couple of years, he will stay for at least a year here and then reassess the situation.

£30m and Ireland - nothing less.

Think thats taking the piss a bit.

If they offered us Ireland, we'd only get another 10-15m cash.

I'd rather a straight cash deal, 25m, use the money to sign Jamie O'Hara at Tottenham and a few others. There was talking of Avram Grant taking O'Hara to West Ham for as little as something like 6m. Bargain if you ask me, really good player, and plenty to spend on other areas of the side that need attention, such as a forward.

Why is it taking the piss? He is our player, we can ask what we want.

O'Hara isn't exactly a brilliant player either.

I know we can ask what we want, but if he does want want to leave, and i reckon his heads been turned, we'll end up pricing him out of a move and we'll be left with an unhappy player.

Man City have got money, but they're not stupid. They'll go elsewhere and find someone else. Which would be great, don't get me wrong, i'd like Milner to stay, but once a players heads been turned, things change, you'll find yourself asking as to whether a player actually wants to play for you everytime he puts in a below par performance, the whole Barry saga all over again. So if he wants a move, its best we get it done and move on.

Jamie O'Hara would be a great buy i reckon, still young, and showed last season showed, that despite being in a struggling Pompey side, when played regularly, he's a really good player. Be available at a good price it those rumours are to be believed.

New look midfield? Won't need Barry then. Maybe they'll offer us him back plus 10-15m? Someone told me, they've seen this very rumour on a transfer rumours website, can't remember which one though.

And therein lies the problem of going to Man City. Hero to zero as the owners demand a new plaything every window. Judging by the players than City are being linked with (yes I know its media speculation) I would be pretty worried if I was Barry. Good player that he is how many other clubs will match £110k a week? I suspect none of that is wasted on Milner either.

Its also pisses me off that the media are putting a bad spin on the meeting Milner had earlier this week. I don't think the club were expecting a commitment from him and the fact that Randy Lerner was there tells you all you need to know. I'm sure the message was we really want you to stay, you will get a much better contract, we will be bringing in the necessary players and we will sit down after the world cup.

It strikes me its the usual rubbish from the media who really have no story on this.

New look midfield? Won't need Barry then. Maybe they'll offer us him back plus 10-15m? Someone told me, they've seen this very rumour on a transfer rumours website, can't remember which one though.

And therein lies the problem of going to Man City. Hero to zero as the owners demand a new plaything every window. Judging by the players than City are being linked with (yes I know its media speculation) I would be pretty worried if I was Barry. Good player that he is how many other clubs will match £110k a week? I suspect none of that is wasted on Milner either.

Its also pisses me off that the media are putting a bad spin on the meeting Milner had earlier this week. I don't think the club were expecting a commitment from him and the fact that Randy Lerner was there tells you all you need to know. I'm sure the message was we really want you to stay, you will get a much better contract, we will be bringing in the necessary players and we will sit down after the world cup.

It strikes me its the usual rubbish from the media who really have no story on this.

He's been interviewed a few times since this sepculation started, and he could have put it to bed, but he's chosen not to, it would have made everyones life a lot easier.

He's been interviewed a few times since this sepculation started, and he could have put it to bed, but he's chosen not to, it would have made everyones life a lot easier.

He comes out and says he's staying before he discusses with Villa = Villa offer a slightly bigger pay packet.

He doesn't say anything about his future = Villa try to compete with a potential pay packet from the likes of City and therefore more mney

He comes out and says he's staying before he discusses with Villa = Villa offer a slightly bigger pay packet.

He doesn't say anything about his future = Villa try to compete with a potential pay packet from the likes of City and therefore more mney

Well it would make O'Neill's job a little easier as he'd know whether needed include a replacement for Milner as part of his plans this summer, or not. We wouldnt be able to compete with the salary Man City would be willing to offer him either.

I didn't say give him exactly the same as the likes of City and lets face it, Milner is not going to think about telling MoN now just so he has longer to look for a replacement, its not in his interest.

He has obviously be directed by his agent and bankers :winkold: what to do in this situation

He has obviously be directed by his agent and bankers :winkold: what to do in this situation

Except Milner doesn't have an agent.

That was the it I saw in the article to think it was a total fabrication. I agree that all we wanted to do was to spell out that he was important for the club and that a new contract will definately be on the table when he returns from the World Cup. If he makes a comment specifically about it, it will just add more fuel to the fire.

Like MON says, to add comment on a story will make it sound like there was one in the first place.

Yes, he does - if I'm not mistaken, he is represented by someone at the PFA. Just because he doesn't have a private agent doesn't mean he doesn't have someone looking out for his financial best interests - that's what his PFA representative does. It's certainly better for the club that he's not working with someone like Alex Black because Jimmy's rep won't be looking for a huge commission, but his representative will certainly be trying to get the best deal possible for Jimmy.

Yes, he does - if I'm not mistaken, he is represented by someone at the PFA. Just because he doesn't have a private agent doesn't mean he doesn't have someone looking out for his financial best interests - that's what his PFA representative does. It's certainly better for the club that he's not working with someone like Alex Black because Jimmy's rep won't be looking for a huge commission, but his representative will certainly be trying to get the best deal possible for Jimmy.

I've a feeling that Milner now works with a private agent who was previously employed by the FA.

A number of the FA's agents have now moved on and taken their clients with them. In fact, Alex Black was one of the first to do it, he worked for the FA when he first became the agent to Alan Smith and Gareth Barry then took both with him before he left.

Increasingly the FA is no longer the safe pair of hands that it should be, there are agents who have used it to get a foothold in a very competitive market then quit once they believe they have a client base that will attract other players.

I've said it before, and will say it again. James Milner wants to play Champions League football. Fact. I have a source that has told me this that has spoken to James himself.

The understanding is unclear to when he wants it though. If he wants it now, he won't go to City, if he wants it in the next couple of years, he will stay for at least a year here and then reassess the situation.

my cousins sisters aunties wifes mates husbands gardeners brothers sister grandads postmans sister in law told me Messi wants to join villa :?

Milner is an honourable bloke IMO (and that's just my opinion based on his past behaviour). He will sit down with the club after the World Cup and see what is offered and the plans the club has.

He has no need to discuss anything at the moment and like the model pro he is he is focusing on the World Cup. Its the nouveau rich of Man City and their scabby journo pals that are causing the problems.

Manchester City will make a take-it-or-leave-it £25million bid for Aston Villa’s James Milner after the World Cup.

City, who had a £20m offer for the midfielder rejected before England flew out to South Africa, will test the Midlands club’s resolve again when the tournament ends.

But City’s football ­administrator Brian ­Marwood is unlikely to go higher if Villa show more reluctance to do business.

Boss Roberto ­Mancini wants to add ­Milner’s ­energy and ability to play in a number of positions.

But City’s Abu Dhabi backers are refusing to be held to ransom over ­transfer fees and wages after running into a storm of criticism with their spending spree last ­summer.

A City insider said: “It’s been a frustrating time, but the owner, chairman and chief executive are adamant that they will not pay over-inflated prices.”

“The fact we aren’t in the Champions League has had a huge affect on plans, but so to has the determination to get ­good value.”

From todays Mirror

Take it or leave it???

Easy - leave it !!!!

hmm, sounds like we may not get the 30mill plus we were hoping for...

if milner has had his head turned, id ask for £18-20 mill + ireland. Thats a very good deal for us....

I have to say though, that if even James Milner can have his head turned by the money of man city, there really is no integrity left in the modern game. If theres one player i would have thought would have told city to feck off, its milner...

There is more in it for the player than money.

City will win the title in the next four or five years, can we offer that? Could we offer it to Gareth Barry? The answer is no.

City pay big wages, they can afford to, and paying those wages makes them an attractive proposition, but they aren't alone in being able to do that.

If I were a European player at the moment being offered £40k a week by Villa and £40k a week by City and I wanted to win things I'd choose City.

How come we're happy enough with the idea of Chelsea doing this but not City?

Did Downing have his head turned by our money? Did Cuellar? Did Petrov? Those players all had stronger ties with their old clubs than Milner has to us, have they got no integrity?

This isn't about Milner's integrity, or about football gone bad, this is about our inability to realise that City are now a bigger club than we are. It's a horrible thing to have to face up to, but the sooner we make the adjustment the better.

good post scott.

although i think there is no guarantee city will win the PL in the next 2 seasons, they have a far, far better chnace of doing so than us.

Ditto qualifying and doing well in the CL.

They are big boys now, undoubtedly.

feckers.