1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

Two words spring to mind but I don't want to get banned :(

Comedian in the house!

You lot are jokers, take off those claret & blue specs for 5 minutes ffs.

It's not like im up in arms about him leaving, slating the chairman, manager etc. Im just a realist. I'll save this page for a few weeks time and you can apologise.

What makes you so sure he's off then?

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrong.

If we could buy players of Milner's calibre for £10m-ish, everyone else would know about them.

Not quite, we buy players with the potential to be that good. Just like we bought Milner who had the potential to be as good as he is now.

..classless pig riding spunk balls the lot of um!!..

Now that's what I call journalism, you should go pro..

Two words spring to mind but I don't want to get banned :(

Comedian in the house!

You lot are jokers, take off those claret & blue specs for 5 minutes ffs.

It's not like im up in arms about him leaving, slating the chairman, manager etc. Im just a realist. I'll save this page for a few weeks time and you can apologise.

You're doom-mongering.

Im actually surprisingly indifferent to it all, i could see this coming a mile (months) off. It's so predictable id rather they just get on with it so we can move in.

Just wondering Razor if you was one of the people who said Barry is a certainty to sign for Liverpool after the 07-08 season? You was right, he did go to Liverpool.....oh wait.

No, but i knew he would leave one way or another, which he did. I bet you were one of these blinded by loyalty that thought he had Villa4Life! tattoed on his bellend?

So you wasn't right? No.

I actually thought he would go but he didn't. Just saying nothing is certain in football.

If if it's a full on definate, you'd say be willing to donate £100 to VT if he stays hey?

Just wondering Razor if you was one of the people who said Barry is a certainty to sign for Liverpool after the 07-08 season? You was right, he did go to Liverpool.....oh wait.

No, but i knew he would leave one way or another, which he did. I bet you were one of these blinded by loyalty that thought he had Villa4Life! tattoed on his bellend?

no but i have :D

and on the barry SAGA, the villa won the contest he never went to scousepool, but we all knew including MoN he would go after his outburst.

but the point was proved, regardless who the player is he will go when MoN and Randy say.

now are you saying Jimmy is going to go down the Barry route to get a move, because i just cant see it.

This is the same Jimmy Milner that was **** about by freddie shephard but still went back and gave his all like the true professional he is.

but then again im just a DELUDED FOOL

We won't do well if we just keep selling them on,well never move forword

People said the same last season, we won't replace Barry etc. And I was one of them. And Milner stepped up and replaced him, and we finished with more points on the table and had better runs in the league.

Now, if MON was competent enough to do that I have faith in him to replace Milner. Anyone who suggests otherwise is clutching at straws imo. Just learn the lessons from last season.

I said last season that jimmy would step in as barrys replacement,to be fair it was one of the few things I'm ever right on,but I think with jimmy been that hit younger I don't think it's the same as losing Barry..

I'm quite indifferent to this potential. 35 mill and Villa will listen. 25 million and Ireland, if MON really wants him, then it's a decent deal for both parties. Every player has his price. Milner is quality but not top, top quality.

ok the Razor if we are so deluded what the hell would you say about this lot on Bluemoon

Danamy Post subject: Re: city make milner bid (SSN)Posted: Thu May 20, 2010 5:22 pm

To be fair to him, he is probably hoping he has an outstanding World cup in the hope he flushes out Chelsea's interest as well to give him as many bargaining chips as possible. Can't really argue with it.

One thing I would be certain about is that he wont be at Villa by August. He is talking about them in a past tense in his interview.

Correct........

:lol::lol:

now thats fecking deluded to me

Can'r believe there are so many thinking he will go.

I don't think there is a chance in hell he will go.

What will happen, and this is probably the crux of it all, and who can blame him, is Mr Milner has just guarenteed a very nice pay increase at the Villa.

Lets face it, Heskey is the top earner. If you were Milner, would you be happy (come to think of it, if you were Salifou would you be happy !)

Jimmy has just placed himself on a nice new 3yr contract, probably guarenteeing him to be in line with the top paid Villa player, more than likely with a clause that if in two years, we aren't in Champs League, he can talk to clubs that are.

And that is all that will happen.

Lets face it, Heskey is the top earner.

Pretty certain that right there is bollocks.

Pretty certain it isn't. Pretty certain it was released in some document by Deloitte and Touche about 3 months ago regarding players wages against club turnover.

Villa top earner - Emile Heskey - 60k per week !.

And if you think, it makes sense, he has been around for 13 yrs at top level, and is for some god forsaken reason, an England regular.

It is fact (well if you believe accountants which I do)

Modern football. Don't it just make ya sick sometimes.

What goes around, comes around . If he does leave this summer (which I am sure that he wont) Then we will just use the money to buy a player who is a fan favourite at another club...thus annoying their fans...until they replace him, etc etc ad infinium. Whatever happens I am sure that Villa will be stronger in September than they were in May.

Lets face it, Heskey is the top earner.

Pretty certain that right there is bollocks.

Pretty certain it isn't. Pretty certain it was released in some document by Deloitte and Touche about 3 months ago regarding players wages against club turnover.

Villa top earner - Emile Heskey - 60k per week !.

And if you think, it makes sense, he has been around for 13 yrs at top level, and is for some god forsaken reason, an England regular.

It is fact (well if you believe accountants which I do)

I'm pretty sure that's another bit of your often made-up nonsense

Players come and go thats football. The only thing consistant about any club is the supporters.

Bit before my time but when Andy Gray left people thought it was the end of the world. A couple of years later we won the League and European Cup.

During my time I remember Platty being sold. Two years later we finished runners up and really should have won the league.

Dwight Yorke left in 98. Six months later we were top of the league at xmas having used the Yorke money to buy Dublin and Merse.

Only last season Gareth Barry left. For me we looked a better side without him.

I don't want Jimmy to go but if he does so be it. We'll go on and might even be stronger without him so long as the money is spent wisely.

Believe it if you want but Heskey is on 60k per week. Milner if I remember was on about 40.

However, for god sake don't get so bloody serious will ya - it was a fecking joke about Salifou !!!

Again, :bang:

Shall I put this in plain English coz some people on here do not seem to have a) Brains , B) a sense of humour c) any common sense.

What I was getting at was Milner will out of all this be a Villa player come September, but get a rough 75% increase in his pay packet for doing sod all apart from let the press bump up his negotiating power.

Is that OK for you ?

I´m undecided.

If Jimmy stays fine, we´ll have a great player on our hands.

If Jimmy leaves fine, then we´ll have 25-30 million for buying 2-3 potential great players.

Win win situation for me.

Show me where u will get 3 great players in these days of over inflated prices for 25 mill,

James will stay as he has more morale fibre than most including Barry, who i bet is thinking..........mmm money in the bank yes, good move errr no.

IMO