468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

IMO we're in a win win situation.

We either keep a good player or get a ridiculous amount of money for him. What ever happens I don't think we'll suffer from the outcome.

We do suffer if we sell him and buy Bobby Zamora, Mark Noble and Carlton Cole with the money. Which for some reason i can just see happening :(

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Man Utd bid 25 million and City bid 30 million, which would you accept. If you wouldn't accept either. Add 20% to each of the bids and ask yourself again.

Whoever offers the most money.

What am I not getting from this question?

I think yillans saying we might be better off with him going to Man U, because we wouldnt be directly competing with Man U for 4th.

IMO we're in a win win situation.

We either keep a good player or get a ridiculous amount of money for him. What ever happens I don't think we'll suffer from the outcome.

:thumb:

Is the best way to look at the whole situation. With the backing of Randy (not selling to the first bid or, I'm guessing, for much less than £30m), MON is probably thinking a long the same lines. I assume MON has some targets in case Milner forces Villa's hand.

If Man Utd bid 25 million and City bid 30 million, which would you accept. If you wouldn't accept either. Add 20% to each of the bids and ask yourself again.

Is it not quite simple, re:being in competition with Man City for fourth spot, but not with Man Utd. We would be improving a very close rival to us in the league that hopefully we will be competing with next season for fourth spot.

How do you not get this?

Manchester evening news says city have bid £25million and its been instantly rejected by villa!..

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/sport/football/manchester_city/s/1240642_milner_admits_uncertainty_over_future

Sorry about short link it wont do it...

The first bid was supposed to be rising to £25 million, that's all that means.

When Milner joined I knew we would struggle to keep hold of him as he got better and better, and the CL English player ruling just makes him even more sort after. Before this week there was loads of speculation about the lads progression, manu's interest and an assumed fee around a market value of 25million.

No doubt manu will go down the tapping up route during the world cup and try to get him cheaper or try and persuade him not to sign a contract and wait another year.

Mancity could well be the gift horse here. They seem to really want to spend lots of head turning money and also want to stick it to utd.

A nice "undisclosed fee" thought to be in the region of £30m+ would be pretty decent business.

just been watching sky sports news, alan shearer was saying theres no need for him to move because hes playing under a great manager in MON who has developed him well and he dont see man city as a step up.

nice to see him saying nice stuff about us.

Or a sly dig at Citeh more like..

Is it not quite simple, re:being in competition with Man City for fourth spot, but not with Man Utd. We would be improving a very close rival to us in the league that hopefully we will be competing with next season for fourth spot.

How do you not get this?

Ah, I see. I don't think we'll be competing with Man City for fourth.

I can't see them finishing below third next season. In fact if I was Milner and I wanted to win trophies over the next five years, I'd think long and hard about which one of these two clubs I'd join.

I can see us competing with Arsenal, Tottenham, Everton and Liverpool for fourth.

Sorry but there's a bit of naivety on here. We are going to lose James Milner to either a bigger club, because he'll want that, or to a club that's happy to pay his price, because we'll want that. It's as simple as that, any talk of loyalty is complete nonsense.

If Milner plays another competitive game for us, I'll donate £100 to Acorns.

Guest Ricardomeister

How do you not get this?

If Jimmy insisted he wanted to leave and that he wanted to go to Man Ure only then we could not insist on him going to Citeh even if they had bid more. It would then be a case of selling him to Man Ure for less or keeping a potentially unhappy player. The highest bidder does not always get the player.

Look at Gareth Barry, has he made a step up, No, has he won anything, No, has he qualified for the Champions League, No, will he be a first choice in Man City midfield next season, No, Man City are ruining football, things are so out of control, they are almost threatening Villa with the money, its like he's gone already, oh we are Man City and here is 25 million give us your player, fook off City back to the Championship where u belong, no style, a lack of history and an owner only interested in the short term until he gets bored of pumping more money into a club i liken to Primark if i was to liken them to a shop, cheap & nasty and wont last 2 minutes.............

ok there has been lots of, if we sell him it should be for x amount, and include player x. what do we think the club/mon would be happy with? this ofcourse is going with the logic that everyone has a price. i think about £28m. i dont know why, but wenever i see a part ex type deal, however good the player, if feels like the buying club throwing in their old scrap. cash for me.

Guest Ricardomeister

All these digs at Citeh are a bit unfair imo. Citeh are a big club (similar to us imo) and have won Championships/FA Cups/League Cups and the Cup Winners Cup. I have nothing against their fans or them as a club. Obviously the amount of money being spent by their chairman is not good for the game of football in general and it would be great to have everyone on a level playing field, but if we had Citeh's money I doubt many on here would be complaining.

If they offer us £30 million and Jimmy wants to go there then I will wish him the best.

It was nice knowing you James.

Anyone that thinks he is staying now is completely deluded.

Football sucks.

come on then razor where's the proof or because you said so he's gone, its not deluded to have faith in the management of aston villa, i dont think they want to sell and i dont think he wants to go, maybe you should remove your head from your self important ARSE and wait and see.

but then again i am deluded, and also i thinkits great what shearer has come out and said and think if Jimmy is thinking about it, Alan Shearer is a big idol of his and would listen to his advise, not that he needs it.

It was nice knowing you James.

Anyone that thinks he is staying now is completely deluded.

Football sucks.

Stop talking out of your arse. You have seen three or four sentences attached to an article designed to sell newspapers/gain viewers/readers.

Nothing is settled yet. If Milner had said he was going to stay here then changed his mind, everyone would be calling him a Judas.

Milner has not said he is staying, which he does not have to. He is contracted to the club for another 21 months.

And if he goes, it may very well not be to Citeh.

So, don't call me deluded, and stop lapping up; everything the media broadcast/publish/print.

I´m undecided.

If Jimmy stays fine, we´ll have a great player on our hands.

If Jimmy leaves fine, then we´ll have 25-30 million for buying 2-3 potential great players.

Win win situation for me.