• No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Citeh friend has just shown me this on their citeh messageboard:

"F#*k Villla!

They're the worst f*&kin fans in the league. Constantly moaning and booing and abusing their own players and team. Support your players and maybe they wouldn't all leave you every summer! Can't stand them.

Milner will be a top signing. Hope we get it done."

There you go its conclusive! Were shit fans apparently!

0845 BST: Manchester United are ready to make a £28m bid for Aston Villa midfielder James Milner. Villa have already turned down a £20m bid from Manchester City for the 24-year-old who is currently with England at their pre-World Cup training camp in Austria.

What a brain dead clearing in the woods. How are we constantly booing and abusing own players and team? A few 15 year old chavs from the back of the upper holte boo when we lose because they dont know any better, and all of a sudden every other fan and pundit seems to think we are all the worst fans in the world. They're the fickle ones.

Given that alot of clubs spend so much time having to fight off approaches from other clubs and this can detract from their own rebuilding plans becasue of the uncertainty it creates, I believe FIFA/UEFA should introduce a rule that states a club can only make a bid for a player twice in a season. If they are rejected then they can not do so again for 12 months.

I can see us being in the same position we were with Liverplop and Barry with a summer of press generated bidding.

Saying that £30m and Adebyour and I'd say probably yes.

Lets put it in perspective, I want to make it clear that I really rate Milner and think he is a truly great player and I want him to stay, but.... Look at it this way, if City upped their bid to Onoha + 22 millon and we took the 22 millon and bought Jenas, Keane and Bentley for 21 million (7 million each). Not have to be these three, feel free to put in three names that will fit into the budget of 22 million.

People must see then that we have a much stronger SQUAD then before, ofcourse we have a higher wage bill but I fully expect the likes of Beye, Sidwell, Carew and L Young moving on.

What a brain dead clearing in the woods. How are we constantly booing and abusing own players and team? A few 15 year old chavs from the back of the upper holte boo when we lose because they dont know any better, and all of a sudden every other fan and pundit seems to think we are all the worst fans in the world. They're the fickle ones.

Not been on this site long i take it? :winkold:

0845 BST: Manchester United are ready to make a £28m bid for Aston Villa midfielder James Milner. Villa have already turned down a £20m bid from Manchester City for the 24-year-old who is currently with England at their pre-World Cup training camp in Austria.

Take that considering it's Man Utd. Could be 1 or 2 replacements with that too. £8M Benayoun and £20M Bent perhaps but that's a completely different story. Would still rather have Jimmy :)

Lets put it in perspective, I want to make it clear that I really rate Milner and think he is a truly great player and I want him to stay, but.... Look at it this way, if City upped their bid to Onoha + 22 millon and we took the 22 millon and bought Jenas, Keane and Bentley for 21 million (7 million each). Not have to be these three, feel free to put in three names that will fit into the budget of 22 million.

People must see then that we have a much stronger SQUAD then before, ofcourse we have a higher wage bill but I fully expect the likes of Beye, Sidwell, Carew and L Young moving on.

I understand your theory. Question the players. I'd also question the price we would have to pay for the players you mention.

We sell Milner. Teams know we have cash available. They up their prices for the players we are interested in. ATM i think Spurs rate those players more than 7m anyway. Just like what Everton did with Lescott, wanted more money because they knew City had it available

Not been on this site long i take it? :winkold:

A few years but I guess I'm missing something here?

we'd have a stronger squad but a weaker starting 11.

It's sad for the Premier League that as soon as a player outside the top 4 hits outstanding form, the only issue (as far as the press are concerned) is which club he'll move to that summer and for how much.

Man City I can see us being able to reject, but as soon as Man Utd come in with a generous offer (if that report is true) then it becomes something of a foregone conclusion, sadly.

Everyone knows Citeh are loaded. If they want Milner, then show us some real valuation of him. £60m or stick your dirty money and make do with the fat arse Judas you bought off us last season. Alternatively, £20m plus Tevez, Ireland and Richards?

If we seriously want to be considered for 4th place next season, then selling Milner (for any price) is ridiculous. You don't sell your best players as other teams then know you need to replace that kind of player, and they become more expensive.

Ultimately, to improve we need to add to the quality of the squad, not take the biggest part away.

we'd have a stronger squad but a weaker starting 11.

Wasnt this something most of us moaned about? Not rotating?

Main problem is I don't trust Martin to replace him. Or build in positions where we need it.
How strong was your "trust", then, when MON was pursuing him doggedly and finally brought him to VP in the face of a lot of difficulties and, it has to be said, strong initial scepticism from many fans on Villatalk?

Why do you think the manager who had the insight to bring Milner to Villa, put him in central midfield and help him develop into such a strong player can't be trusted now?