The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

What a experience that was. A really awesome show. Another thing off the bucket list!

Man that ending though sucked

I don't agree that it sucked. I thought it was a match full of great storytelling that culminated in a great feel good finish after almost 30 minutes of "will he, won't he" back and forth between the two. I thought Adam Cole would turn on MJF, but I didn't consider the friendship ending which is actually a way more unique ending. Adam Cole & MJF started the night with raised hands in the middle of the ring, and they ended the night with raised hands in the middle of the ring which is great. I am looking forward to seeing where the story heads going into All Out and Full Gear.

• Like 2

Overall All In was a great success with great matches from start to finish. Some matches could have been better, and I think Tony Khan is a sick **** that is bullying the women's division at this point by putting them on after Stadium Stampede, but All In was great and I look forward to All In London 2024. 

• Like 1

My only big disappointment was Shida dropping the title (and how patently **** obvious they made out that that was what was going down with her entrance). That said the crowd seemed to love it, I was possibly in the dissenting minority on that one!

I absolutely did not have Julia Hart gets scissored on my bingo card for the show.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Daweii said:

I don't agree that it sucked. I thought it was a match full of great storytelling that culminated in a great feel good finish after almost 30 minutes of "will he, won't he" back and forth between the two. I thought Adam Cole would turn on MJF, but I didn't consider the friendship ending which is actually a way more unique ending. Adam Cole & MJF started the night with raised hands in the middle of the ring, and they ended the night with raised hands in the middle of the ring which is great. I am looking forward to seeing where the story heads going into All Out and Full Gear.

For me it was a great match. But this is going to drag now i can see khan doing a overkill with this angle. I think tonight was perfect opportunity to pull the trigger setting up something for all out next week. God knows what they going to do with them now for next ppv?

I think cole should have used the ring on MJF or strong turned on cole and aligns himself with MJF forming a new faction with yhe kingdom. The ending was too safe for me. Was perfect opportunity to make the angle more dark and get eveeyone excited for Dynamite  but now im not really excited to see what happens.

As for rest of ppv it was great. I loved the samoa joe - punk match. But for me osprey jericho stole the show with bucks vs FTR.

Great show. Nightmare journey home now 😂

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 1

Apparently jungle boy and cm punk had a backstage scuffle after his match something to do with saying this is real glass with car. Punk didnt like it and they got in a scuffle.

Jungle boy was asked to leave.

Cm punk is abit of a rocket polisher isnt he?

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Cm punk is abit of a rocket polisher isnt he?

He's definitely an enigma isn't he? Lots of reports from younger wrestlers about how absolutely brilliant he is at giving out guidance and advice, and many of his peers say he's a really good pro to work with (Stone Cold was very complimentary iirc) and then you get incidents like this which paint him as a bit of a tit.

I suspect the truth is, he's just a very complex and flawed guy with forthright opinions on right and wrong.

I've always liked him tbh.

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Designer1 said:

He's definitely an enigma isn't he? Lots of reports from younger wrestlers about how absolutely brilliant he is at giving out guidance and advice, and many of his peers say he's a really good pro to work with (Stone Cold was very complimentary iirc) and then you get incidents like this which paint him as a bit of a tit.

I suspect the truth is, he's just a very complex and flawed guy with forthright opinions on right and wrong.

I've always liked him tbh.

Yeah its wierd as you say some speak so highly of him but others detest him

It sounds to me though the locker room in aew is toxic as ****. Khan looks like a very weak leader to me.

I think overall the AEW locker room is fine as all of the toxicity is emanating from one singular person. I mean, until yesterday no one had an issue with Jack Perry, let alone enough of a problem with him to throw hands and choke him out backstage. There is one common thread with all of the AEW drama and it's CM Punk, which is an issue because CM Punk is Tony Khan's favourite wrestler, and the one wrestler he wanted to sign for AEW above all else and CM Punk is taking advantage of that fact. My concern is if fighting with EVPs after All Out (2022) wasn't enough to get him fired then I don't know what is. Tony Khan definitely needs to step up and do something though because the way he handled the fall out from All Out by giving CM Punk his own show on Saturdays just reinforced the bad behaviour. Tony Khan was doing it to keep CM Punk and The Elite separate, but CM Punk saw it as a promotion and it added to his already massive ego. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Daweii said:

I think overall the AEW locker room is fine as all of the toxicity is emanating from one singular person. I mean, until yesterday no one had an issue with Jack Perry, let alone enough of a problem with him to throw hands and choke him out backstage. There is one common thread with all of the AEW drama and it's CM Punk, which is an issue because CM Punk is Tony Khan's favourite wrestler, and the one wrestler he wanted to sign for AEW above all else and CM Punk is taking advantage of that fact. My concern is if fighting with EVPs after All Out (2022) wasn't enough to get him fired then I don't know what is. Tony Khan definitely needs to step up and do something though because the way he handled the fall out from All Out by giving CM Punk his own show on Saturdays just reinforced the bad behaviour. Tony Khan was doing it to keep CM Punk and The Elite separate, but CM Punk saw it as a promotion and it added to his already massive ego. 

Didnt this issue happen because Perry wanted to use real glass and Punk told him off for being stupid

Punk seems the sensible one here

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Didnt this issue happen because Perry wanted to use real glass and Punk told him off for being stupid

Punk seems the sensible one here

The story is that Jack Perry had vacation time booked, so he planned to do a angle backstage involving a car to write himself off TV for a week. CM Punk told him no and stated that a broken glass spot would be too dangerous. This would have been fine if it just ended there, but CM Punk being CM Punk also insinuated that Jack Perry was trying to get serious cuts as a means to not come to work. It's the last part that seems to have rubbed Jack Perry the wrong way.

That said, Jack Perry saying something during his match at All In shouldn't have lead to a physical altercation. Jack Perry was just doing CM Punks schtick. CM Punk has made a name for himself by outing insider topics publicly while belittling those around him, so it's pretty pathetic that when the shoe is on the other foot he can't take it. Any rational person would have taken what Jack said at All In as a joke even if Jack Perry was being serious, but instead CM Punk got Jack Perry in a headlock and threw some punches like any sane person would.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daweii said:

And collison has been **** awful. From the commentary to the format of the shows. The weekly ratings reflect that.

I think khans going to have a bigger problem as i can see triple h tapping some talent up for wwe. Wouldnt suprise me if keith lee for example ends up back in wwe. He needs to sort this out and stop being a fanboy to punk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GarethRDR said:

I will never, ever, get that BO stench from the cramped penultimate tube ride out of my nostrils.

How was the ride home gareth ? Have to admit their was a lot of people there didnt look like they had a bath in while. The BO was terrible.

I was in purple zone so i managed to get by just before the huge rush to get the tube

• Haha 1

To play contrarian again, I think Collision has largely been very good (this week aside, which was always going to be the case for a go-home show the day before). This is the frustrating thing with Punk; the storytelling is always so good, so engaging, even when his ring rust slips through it doesn't matter. The Joe and Punk match was a banger and they nailed the story of the match (Pepsi Plunge finish was the cherry on top).

To then ruin it all by throwing down over hurt feelings is so beyond stupid, quite aside from the fact that it seems to be so arbitrary what does and doesn't piss him off. Some of the stuff Kingston and Moxley said in their respective Punk feuds seemed far more pointed and inflammatory (and hilariously bang on the money in Mox's case) and it's all fine, but Jack Perry or Adam Page say something (that would have otherwise flown under the radar completely) and it's handbags and headlocks at dawn. It stinks of punching down somewhat, bully behaviour.

The dichotomy of Punk. Same as it ever was. "Fragile mind. Fragile body. Fragile ego."

• Like 1

Â