The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

6 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Find it weird there's been an Iranian heavyweight WWE champion, but never a British one. Surely someone like the Bulldog, Regal, McIntyre or Barrett could have won it just once? How many shows have they done over here and never used that angle properly?

1 minute ago, Rds1983 said:

Find it weird there's been an Iranian heavyweight WWE champion, but never a British one. Surely someone like the Bulldog, Regal, McIntyre or Barrett could have won it just once? How many shows have they done over here and never used that angle properly?

Drew McIntyre's greatest conquests: WWE Playlist - YouTube

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Mcintyre won the title mate

1 hour ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Jay Briscoe passed away.  Car crash. 

It sounds awful.  He was taking his daughter to cheerleading and hit another car.  His daughter is critically injured.  

The other driver died.  Her daughter is also critically injured.  

Yeah this is tragic. No idea how this happened but sounds like a very serious accident. 

The briscos are one of the bets tag teams out there what a shock. RIP jay

1 hour ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Jay Briscoe passed away.  Car crash. 

It sounds awful.  He was taking his daughter to cheerleading and hit another car.  His daughter is critically injured.  

The other driver died.  Her daughter is also critically injured.  

Terrible news ultimate professional and one of the best performers to never work for a major company. 

5 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

Terrible news ultimate professional and one of the best performers to never work for a major company. 

Steady on, he worked the bigger indies of course like Chikara, GCW, CZW, PWG, but also ROH and Impact, and did tours of Japan with BJW, NOAH and NJPW. I think you mean one of the best performers to never work for WWE or AEW!

If no one has ever seen it, check out his match against his brother in, I think Jersey Championship Wrestling in 2001. They had many matches against each other, and generally beat the shite out of each other on every occasion. That particular match, though...story goes it was a very small promotion, but very local to them, so they more or less just turned up to put on a show, for no fee. It's on a similar level to Samoa Joe / Necro Butcher, except you then remind yourself these dudes are brothers :lol: 

Anyway, absolutely sucks he's dead. His family life was really important, and he didn't love it on the road, which is part of the reason he never strayed too far, for too long, from NJ - and as such never joined WWE. 

Was fortunate enough to see him wrestle at the now legendary NOAH 2008 event at the Skydome / Ice Planet in Cov. Check this card out, I promise you this was real and I didn't dream it:

Spoiler

Format may seem a bit weird, but I've just ripped it from Cagematch

Dark Match

Hubba Bubba Lucha (Bubblegum & El Ligero) & Luke Phoenix defeat Dave Moralez, Mark Haskins & Zack Sabre Jr.

Singles Match

Atsushi Aoki vs. Joel Redman - Time Limit Draw (15:00)

Tag Team Match

Junji Izumida & Tsuyoshi Kikuchi defeat Martin Stone & Wade Fitzgerald (13:05)

Tag Team Match

Doug Williams & Nigel McGuinness defeat Kotaro Suzuki & Takashi Sugiura (17:06)

Tag Team Match

Bison Smith & Jun Akiyama defeat Mohammed Yone & Takeshi Morishima (13:23)

GHC Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Title Match

KENTA & Taiji Ishimori (c) defeat Bryan Danielson & Eddie Edwards (29:49)

GHC Junior Heavyweight Title Match

Yoshinobu Kanemaru (c) defeats Jay Briscoe (13:23)

Tag Team Match

Mitsuharu Misawa & Naomichi Marufuji defeat Go Shiozaki & Kenta Kobashi (25:35)

1 minute ago, hogso said:

Steady on, he worked the bigger indies of course like Chikara, GCW, CZW, PWG, but also ROH and Impact, and did tours of Japan with BJW, NOAH and NJPW. I think you mean one of the best performers to never work for WWE or AEW!

If no one has ever seen it, check out his match against his brother in, I think Jersey Championship Wrestling in 2001. They had many matches against each other, and generally beat the shite out of each other on every occasion. That particular match, though...story goes it was a very small promotion, but very local to them, so they more or less just turned up to put on a show, for no fee. It's on a similar level to Samoa Joe / Necro Butcher, except you then remind yourself these dudes are brothers :lol: 

Anyway, absolutely sucks he's dead. His family life was really important, and he didn't love it on the road, which is part of the reason he never strayed too far, for too long, from NJ - and as such never joined WWE. 

Was fortunate enough to see him wrestle at the now legendary NOAH 2008 event at the Skydome / Ice Planet in Cov. Check this card out, I promise you this was real and I didn't dream it:

Hide contents

Format may seem a bit weird, but I've just ripped it from Cagematch

Dark Match

Hubba Bubba Lucha (Bubblegum & El Ligero) & Luke Phoenix defeat Dave Moralez, Mark Haskins & Zack Sabre Jr.

Singles Match

Atsushi Aoki vs. Joel Redman - Time Limit Draw (15:00)

Tag Team Match

Junji Izumida & Tsuyoshi Kikuchi defeat Martin Stone & Wade Fitzgerald (13:05)

Tag Team Match

Doug Williams & Nigel McGuinness defeat Kotaro Suzuki & Takashi Sugiura (17:06)

Tag Team Match

Bison Smith & Jun Akiyama defeat Mohammed Yone & Takeshi Morishima (13:23)

GHC Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Title Match

KENTA & Taiji Ishimori (c) defeat Bryan Danielson & Eddie Edwards (29:49)

GHC Junior Heavyweight Title Match

Yoshinobu Kanemaru (c) defeats Jay Briscoe (13:23)

Tag Team Match

Mitsuharu Misawa & Naomichi Marufuji defeat Go Shiozaki & Kenta Kobashi (25:35)

Yes that’s what I meant the company’s most casual fans would know about, it’s a shame warner media blocked AEW from using them. A massive talent great family man and pretty cool that continued to work the family farm as well as wrestle.

NJPW had their second Wrestle Kingdom show of the month yesterday, a 'versus NOAH' event. 

It includes a tag match with the top champions of each promotion on other team - Okada for New Japan, and Kiyomiya for NOAH. The ref eventually called it off after about 6 minutes, but it completely broke down after about 2.

In one of the best worked shoots I've ever seen, Kiyomiya gave Okada a very stiff Kowada style head kick, bust him open hard way, and they then began to brawl all over the place. 

They will now face off in a singles match at the same event where Keiji Mutoh will have his last ever match, versus Naito. 

Big rumours the rocks returning at royal rumble - hence why they have announced cody rhodes return already and not a suprise like they normal do at RR.

Rock vs reigns would be epic but  apassing if the torch to his cousin like hogan did for the rock

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Big rumours the rocks returning at royal rumble - hence why they have announced cody rhodes return already and not a suprise like they normal do at RR.

Rock vs reigns would be epic but  apassing if the torch to his cousin like hogan did for the rock

I haven’t watched wrestling for ages but rock vs reigns has been a poorly hidden secret for ages hasn’t it?

10 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I haven’t watched wrestling for ages but rock vs reigns has been a poorly hidden secret for ages hasn’t it?

It just seems like its onw of those will they wont they.

This could be the last WM under McMahon if the rumours about selling wwe to saudis are true. Therefore i think they will want to go out with a bang

32 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Reigns has to beat the Rock if they do meet.

Maybe Zayn could be the one to finally dethrone him?  They get this imminent Sami face turn right it could be huge.

If it was me i would have had them turn on zayn already and put him him out of action for a while then have him aa a suprise entrant and win it then beats reigns at mania.

There is talks that reigns might drop one if the belts before wm. Just like usos who re expected to lose the raw belts to judgement day

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

If it was me i would have had them turn on zayn already and put him him out of action for a while then have him aa a suprise entrant and win it then beats reigns at mania.

There is talks that reigns might drop one if the belts before wm. Just like usos who re expected to lose the raw belts to judgement day

The Rumble is this Saturday so he'd be out of action for 5 days 😆

48 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

The Rumble is this Saturday so he'd be out of action for 5 days 😆

51 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If it was me i would have had them turn on zayn already and put him him out of action for a while then have him aa a suprise entrant 

Read again 😂

Â