The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

I thought it was dreadful. One of the worst PPVs I've watched in a while.

How come?

Found it incredibly boring. Other than the Evolution v Shield and Bryan v Kane there wasn't much to it. 

I thought it was dreadful. One of the worst PPVs I've watched in a while.

How come?

Fair enough, I enjoyed it all bar the booking of the Wyatts. Shield vs. Evolution is a MOTY contender for me.  

I find it funny how many people on VT get a hard on for saying wrestling is fake or 'like' the post saying that yet they'll be happily posting away in the film thread or the TV thread or discussing the latest work of fiction they have read in the Do You Read? thread.

Who are the real marks, the fans who know what's going on and enjoy it none the less or the people that think that the fans think it's real?

tumblr_lnhdumRYSV1qc1dwlo1_500.gif

• Like 1

Yep. It's always annoyed me.

Unfortunately it's a go to argument. "yeah but it's fake" just seems to win the argument for people who hate wrestling.

I've no problem with people not liking wrestling. That's very understandable.

But mocking people who do like it because "it's fake" makes no sense. You may as well go to the theatre and mock people watching Shakespeare because it's fake.

• Like 1

A lot of people just don't understand it which is fine but I don't know why they feel the need to mock wrestling fans. There's a lot more to wrestling than they could ever know.

Following the WWE is almost as frustrating as following Villa, people don't get that side of it though I think they think we take it at face value.

Edited by Wainy316
  • Like 1

Personally, I love the wrestling (though we don't get a lot of it on free to air down here). I used to love watching it with my Dad back in the days of Steamboat, Andre, Hart foundation, Macho Man and Rowdy. I now watch it with my son when it's on.

I guess I just prefer my violence entertaining rather than grossly realistic. ;)

That story with Daniels and young Connor - that was touching. Well played, WWE.

Â