• Downing
    • A Young
    • Delph
    • Petrov
    • Carew
    • Agbonlahor
    • Sidwell 75
    • Heskey 70

It was an encouraging win especially given the amount of pressure both players and manager have been under this week. Bolton were game but only really threatened IMO when Klasnic came on for Elmander.

I thought Ashley just snuck in for MOM over Petrov. Delph really showed some nice touches and I thought his positioning was much improved today - AND no yellow card for Mr Delph!

I thought Downing, Carew and Gabby were all a bit lacklustre today and Collins frustrated me with playing stupid over-ambitious passes that gave the ball away too easily.

The Spurs loss gave us a foot back in the door today. Hopefully the boys can capitalize on it in coming weeks.

We are at least still in with a slim chance of the top 4, although clearly we are the outsiders as we cannot afford any more slip ups. I still think Citeh are the favourites.

We have the same points as Liverpool and a similar run in but whereas we're outsiders they are one of the favourites to get 4th. Not too sure why that is bearing in mind they have hardly set the world alight away from Anfield. I would agree that there is no margin for error in the run in.

As for today - pleased as punch with the result. Nothing less than a win would do and the players showed great character following last week's mauling. Now to stuff Terry's words back down his throat.

Just wondering how Delph played?

Glad to see Petrov apparently playing really well after a few weeks of dead on his feet. We've got some real fighters in the squad, just glad we've got 3 points!

Thought Delph was very solid but played very conservatively with neat, short passes - nothing too creative. Made several telling tackles in the second half. All of them completely upright, restrained and textbook!

Delph was good, he seemed a bit more composed and mature than usual and also kept up going forward and giving us a bit extra. He didn't do that much, but good all the same. Had 1 shot that was charged down.

An extra special afternoon thanks to Sunderland's efforts against Spurs in the supposedly easy one of Arry's run in fixtures. My Mackem-supporting missus was there and reckons it should have been 5 or 6. She's going to get some of the good stuff tonight.

On the downside, Burnley are 3-0 down already.

Don't understand some reactions on here, we got beat 7-1 last game and we just got a perfect win away from home with a clean sheet, resting Milner as well, and still a lot of negativity....

Anyway.

Friedel - 7 - Dealt with everything he had to.

Cuellar - 7 - Well, he had a good game at full back didn't he...

Collins - 6 - As mentioned by someone else, distribution not so good.

Dunne - 6 - Didn't seem as involved as normal, also not going forward for corners now?

Warnock - 7 - Solid going both ways.

Petrov - 8 - Maybe gets an extra point for being so improved compared to recent outings

Delph - 7 - Good touch, simple passing, didn't get booked. Ideal.

Downing - 6 - Great delivery but could do more.

A.Young - 8 - MOTM Might not always have the final ball, but always looking to do something and bagged a great goal.

Agbonlahor - 7- Run the flanks well carrying a knock, passed well and wins a lot of corners, free kicks and throw ins in advanced postions.

Carew - 6 - Held the ball up well but didn't look a goal threat.

Mention for M'ON. Good subs, Heskey was ideal for the time he came on, and Sidwell for a tiring Delph perfect.

good result and great to bounce back from last week.

will decide my MOTM when ive watched the football first highlights, the stream i was watching was shit.

Gotta say though the fans were brilliant today as always with our away support.

just got back from the game.it wasnt pretty at all apart from a great goal by ash who was good all game.....

petrov and dunne were also quality.....and warnock provided great width in the second half....

downing offered nothing yet again and needs to hit the gym coz he gets knocked off the ball like a girl...

massive win and now 4th is down to 5 points........

well done martin and the team for battling away even though gabby almost **** it up for you!

and christ the bolton fans are drab...not one song all game

Agbonlahor - 5

That's a bit harsh srsmithUSA, I had Gabby down as man of the match, I thought he provided a threat, held the ball up very well and passed it really well.

We saw it differently. For me, 5 is what a PL player should do. He did it. He had some good moments, but he also muffed a 1 on 1, and seemed invisible for long stretches. I could see someone rating him higher than 5, but I have a hard time seeing him as MOTM. Competent, yes; MOTM, don't see it. Sorry, we'll just hold different opinions.