• Tony Mowbray
    • Sven
    • Kevin Keegan
    • Martin Laursen
    • Ruud Gullit
    • Ron Atkinson one last crack!

The most embarrassing thing is that Tony Mowbray is on the list

Not mention Gareth bloody Southgate

The only way I can see MON walking is if he feels he can't progress the club any further or the boo boys force him to walk.

Newcastle fans wanted Sir Bobby sacked after he couldn't quite break the top six. Look where they are now!! MON needs to break the bank for another three players, then we might be able to compete.

But will we really? As we rarely play a possession style of football under MON do we really need to buy technically gifted players that cost alot? What is the point? Better to spend the money on super fit, super fast players, with technical ability as a secondry. There is no point having some one like a Joe Cole in your team if all you are going to do is boot it towards the corner flag.

The downside to this is we will only ever finish as high as sixth - which apparantly we should all be happy with/ grateful for.

Next manager? - a collective of the kind of negative, knee-jerk Villatalk contributors who start threads like this - their's is the kind of narrow, blinkered vision we need if the club is going to move forward

Get real - today is a horror show but the current Villa squad is the best we've had in years. We've simply been overtaken by other clubs who have more money than Randy ever promised to us, and that's what counts. Villa and Everton are the best of the rest, and the table isn't lying

this sort of thread, whatever the defeat today, is the MOST EMBARRASING part of today.

It's this thread's existence that makes me ashamed to be a villa fan today, not the players' performance.

Shameful, knee-jerk and utterly ridiculous.

Fans of other clubs reading our board will be laughing at you.

Ridiculous.

Wise words indeed

this sort of thread, whatever the defeat today, is the MOST EMBARRASING part of today.

It's this thread's existence that makes me ashamed to be a villa fan today, not the players' performance.

Ridiculous.

Wise words indeed

This

Ridiculous.

Wise words indeed

This

Yeah, I'm so embarrassed that we're thinking ahead, I can barely show my face in public for the shame.

All of this frustration at potentially finishing behind:

ARSENAL, CHELSEA, MAN UNITED, SPURS, LIVERPOOL, MAN CITY.

Which of those team, exactly, do we think we really 'should' be finishing above, and why?

Look at their investment and their players. Come on, one of you TELL ME who we should be finishing above and why I should be so enraged at our side, outside of today's result?

Ridiculous.

Wise words indeed

This

Yeah, I'm so embarrassed that we're thinking ahead that I can barely show my face in public for the shame.

Is this thinking ahead though or just thinking about today?

We're in the midst of another very decent season and it's likely that provided we don't force him out that MON will be our manager for the next couple of seasons at the very least, quite probably for longer still.

In fact, if we're looking ahead I think there's a fair likelihood that provided there are no total disasters O'Neill will be here until Lerner goes or until he retires.

Which of those team, exactly, do we think we really 'should' be finishing above, and why?

Look at their investment and their players. Come on, one of you TELL ME who we should be finishing above and why I should be so enraged at our side, outside of today's result?

youre dead right

sure we're a nothing club

8th is our level and we should never even consider the possibility of ever finishing higher again, coz we're only aston villa

Yeah, I'm so embarrassed that we're thinking ahead that I can barely show my face in public for the shame.

We're in the midst of another very decent season and it's likely that provided we don't force him out that MON will be our manager for the next couple of seasons at the very least, quite probably for longer still.

In fact, if we're looking ahead I think there's a fair likelihood that provided there are no total disasters O'Neill will be here until Lerner goes or until he retires.

But the question is simply IF he goes. Which he might for various reasons.

Yeh that's right lets be happy and content with awful football and 8th finish maybe .

youre dead right

sure we're a nothing club

8th is our level and we should never even consider the possibility of ever finishing higher again, coz we're only aston villa

Just as I thought. No answer to my question. I'm waiting...name the side.

Ridiculous.

Wise words indeed

This

And do you think we will ever make 4th or win anything in that time? Because personally, I don't. I think MONs style of play is just to limited in todays football. Maybe I need to lower my expectations and except that 6th is as good as it gets, with a couple of cup runs thrown in - I shall work on it and then maybe I can join the contented Villa fans that find threads like this embarrassing.