New Kit & Sponsor

deeps

Our home kit (yet to be released) will not be used next season. Will you still buy it?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Our home kit (yet to be released) will not be used next season. Will you still buy it?

• Yes
    • No
    • I wouldn't have bought it regardless
    • Only in the summer when reduced

Why the **** are rags rating 'how good' a kit is. Can people not make up their own mind?!

We have become a nation who have become used to being told what to think by a daily tabloid fix.

Thankfully the internet is enabling individuals to question, argue and debate. Although too many of us are still ready to take what we read at face value, then repeat it as though it were our own long held opinion.

I think the new kit is a bit flash and tacky by the way, but it's different enough to just about justify marketing yet another kit.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the main problem lays in the fact that we've now got ANOTHER two new kits this year. Add that to last years two new kits, and the season before, and then we had three etc. Its another set of kits every season.

BBC ran an article on this the other day. Surely the Premier League charter has now been fully ignored by every top flight club once again. This season every team has got at least a new home kit. At £45-£50 a pop, its blooming costly especially when they are released late.

What happened to every two seasons?

It's supposed to be every 2 seasons if you don't change your sponsor. Though that is also clearly being ignored. We would at least have an excuse this season though with FXPro.

It's supposed to be every 2 seasons if you don't change your sponsor. Though that is also clearly being ignored. We would at least have an excuse this season though with FXPro.

True, but we ignored it when we had Acorns aswell. Infact, ManUre got a lot of flack for how quickly they changed their kits and we quietly did exactly the same thing for the last god knows how many years. That was obviously down to changing club and / or kit sponsors.

the kit is simply disgusting, rated as 2 out of ten on the sun when they were reviewing all the kits.

I just read that article, once again the 20p sun came up short in the value for money stakes

Best kits? Liverpool home because the diamonds are good, baggies away because its vlassy all black, and sunderland away cos its retro

No mention of the big red house or the word tombola ruining each kit, and plop is awful

I got no problems with the kit and love the training gear its just the dates and cost

Sun only praises Liverpool so they might sell papers

I'm not sure if this is "against site rules".. I don't think it is as I'm making no profit what-so-ever!! (If it is then delete it Mods!)

I have an 09/10 Home Top (Medium) that I bought, wore once and realised doesn't fit (I should have ordered a Small). I got it for around £25 at the end of season sale (off the official site) but I'm now looking to sell it for £10. I'm never going to wear it again so I may as well get some money and buy a Small!

It's been washed, only worn once and is in mint condition - obviously.

If anyone is interested then send me a PM and I could meet you at VP when the season starts!

Why the **** are rags rating 'how good' a kit is. Can people not make up their own mind?!

We have become a nation who have become used to being told what to think by a daily tabloid fix.

Thankfully the internet is enabling individuals to question, argue and debate. Although too many of us are still ready to take what we read at face value, then repeat it as though it were our own long held opinion.

I think the new kit is a bit flash and tacky by the way, but it's different enough to just about justify marketing yet another kit.

Well i thought it was shit upon looking on it to be honest, no one had to tell me anything.

Had a bit of shock this afternoon in a sports shop in central Sydney - the new home jersey was already on sale there! What's more, it was WITHOUT the sponsor on the front! As football tops go, I thought it was really, really nice and easily held its own amongst the Utd, Arsenal, Inter etc tops on sale beside it.

I have to say, I was very critical of Nike using an old template and I thought it looked, frankly, shit in the pics I'd seen. But up close I thought it was a beauty. I've always liked the basic design (including the checks) but I thought the general fit and laziness of using a two-year old template ruined it. The shirts at the kit launch now look like really crappy-quality prototypes. Instead of the pointy, baggy collar it seemed to have then, it has a smart, fitted one, that looks like the one used on the Holland, Aussie etc tops.

It's very strange that they've shipped a load of them down to Australia though, when they won't be released in the club shop until September. I'd have thought that home fans would've been given priority. I'm guessing it might have something to do with putting the sponsor on the front as, as I said, it was sans FxPro on the front.

I haven't checked the website to see if it's available on there, but if anyone's interested it's www.rebelsport.com.au.

Had a bit of shock this afternoon in a sports shop in central Sydney - the new home jersey was already on sale there! What's more, it was WITHOUT the sponsor on the front! As football tops go, I thought it was really, really nice and easily held its own amongst the Utd, Arsenal, Inter etc tops on sale beside it.

www.rebelsport.com.au.

cant see it on there. You should buy up the stock n get shipping

www.rebelsport.com.au.

Now there's an idea :). $140 though. Anyone interested? :D

www.rebelsport.com.au.

Now there's an idea :). $140 though. Anyone interested? :D

£80? some peopel will pay that

I think that kind of fade has not been fully explored in England yet. I've a few Mexican shirts that use it to good effect. I like it tbh.

Â