New Kit & Sponsor

deeps

Our home kit (yet to be released) will not be used next season. Will you still buy it?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Our home kit (yet to be released) will not be used next season. Will you still buy it?

• Yes
    • No
    • I wouldn't have bought it regardless
    • Only in the summer when reduced

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is it only me that thinks all the pictures of the strip on the website have been photoshopped ??? I'm sure i have seen all those poses before but in the old kit...still doesnt explain why they didnt do a Milner one....

They couldn't risk having promo shots with players who might leave (like Barry last year in the white kit). So when they selected shots from last year to edit the kits on they would leave out Milner, Young and Carew.

i like the away kit however the tag line ruins it (and the home). For me I see no reason for it to be there. They have the name on the kit why do they need the slogan?

Because they are paying for it. They are giving us the cash, they can put what they want.

is it only me that thinks all the pictures of the strip on the website have been photoshopped ??? I'm sure i have seen all those poses before but in the old kit...still doesnt explain why they didnt do a Milner one....

Of course they are!! I didn't know it was in doubt!

They do it every year, take a couple of action shots/poses from the previous season and digitally change the kit, tis not rocket science!

I would suggest that they simply didn't do a Milner one because they cannot guarantee that he'll still be here. That's not to say that he's leaving but that there is a chance, which we all already know so it's hardly anything to worry about.

Could inspiration for the checks have come from our giant matchday flag? We did select the design of that after all. I think the kits are growing on me now the more I seem them; my initial reaction was quite reserved

They couldn't risk having promo shots with players who might leave (like Barry last year in the white kit). So when they selected shots from last year to edit the kits on they would leave out Milner, Young and Carew.

They planning to sell Downing too are they?

im a traditionalist who prefers the goalie to wear green. and have a collar.

I like the black kit but the sponsor would look well better in white.

I would have preferred a V neck also.

oh well it's sorted for the season now lets go and get some big stars in the new shirt......and on the pitch!

That checkered shit down the sides absolute ruins it but atleast it's something different! Doesn't go with the black at all but I do like the uniqueness to it.

I take the one about the away back. Looking at those new pictures it's beginning to grow on me...

They planning to sell Downing too are they?

Disagree on both fronts.

1. You cant exclude all of your best players because you worry they might leave.

2. Downing is there.

It is only a kit but having just been to the launch I feel pretty uninspired.

It dragged on for ages, I got deafened by some middle of the road Stereophonics tribute band and then I found out Brad Friedel is going to have to dress up as a tiger and Nike have handed us the home shirt from 2005/06 - the last dreadful days of O'Leary - and the away kit from 2000/01.

Some of Nike's World Cup kits were fantastic but our new shirts, in my opinion, are dull and unoriginal. I really don't see why we bothered to bring out a new shirt.

That keeper kit is the worst kit I've ever seen in my life. The home and away kits are OK, particularly the away kit. I like the claret and blue down the side of the away kit, makes it look better. The FxPro logo should be claret though not red.

Â