New Kit & Sponsor

deeps

Our home kit (yet to be released) will not be used next season. Will you still buy it?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Our home kit (yet to be released) will not be used next season. Will you still buy it?

• Yes
    • No
    • I wouldn't have bought it regardless
    • Only in the summer when reduced

Fair enough, but didnt Tottenham only sign a huge deal with mansion 1 or 2 years ago?

What are you getting at? That the marketing department disband or down tools for the first year or 2 after each big deal?

No, i mean based on that, I thought it was a fairly long term team so they wouldnt need to be looking for a sponsor? Duh.

Spurs entered into a 4 year deal with Mansion in 2006, it is now 2010. You do the maths.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, i mean based on that, I thought it was a fairly long term team so they wouldnt need to be looking for a sponsor? Duh.

Which, to me, reads exactly as I just put it above.

Fair enough, but didnt Tottenham only sign a huge deal with mansion 1 or 2 years ago?

What are you getting at? That the marketing department disband or down tools for the first year or 2 after each big deal?

Spurs entered into a 4 year deal with Mansion in 2006, it is now 2010. You do the maths.

Ok. Didn't know that. no need to be all pissy about it. :shock:. thought it was a six year or something.

Ok. Didn't know that. no need to be all pissy about it. :shock:. thought it was a six year or something.

Pissy? I simply clarified a point for you which you had wrong, 'you do the maths' is a turn of phrase.

I would though suggest you don't grumble about people making 'pissy' replies having moments early responded to a perfectly reasonable question with 'Duh' at the end.

I think what Trent is saying is that 2 years with a charity has earned us the right to sell our souls to the devil and climb into bed with Apple for the greater good.

You mean this post BOF or have I missed another one in relation to apple?

That's the one. I don't like Apple but I acknowledge how beneficial the deal would be for us. They're evil.

Did anyone else hear the commentry from the Barcelona game the other week.

Barcelona really are a unique side. there the only team I know that would even cosider having a charity as their sponsor

If it was a Spanish commentator I could understand it. But a British one; well, that just reflects badly on him :)

Yeah I heard that and was up in arms although he was right in a way the Barca deal is unique because they actually pay/donate money to Unicef in order to carry their logo which takes it a step further than ours, nonetheless it pissed me off as well.

BOF - As for Apple I don't share your dislike for them personally, I like their products so don't see them as evil. I certainly agree with you that after 2 years we've earned the right to do what we want without critism from the media for moving on from Acorns, that won't happen but it shouldn't stop us doing it.

plus we'd go from acorns to apples and that just sounds rubbish

Surely the worst possible move we could make would be sponsorship from these chaps?

smalltower.jpg

If it was a Spanish commentator I could understand it. But a British one; well, that just reflects badly on him :)

That idiot on ITV. Peter Drury

Wasnt it Clive Tyldesley? I was listening to it at the time too thinking "idiot"

Did anyone else hear the commentry from the Barcelona game the other week.

Barcelona really are a unique side. there the only team I know that would even cosider having a charity as their sponsor

Im glad im not the only one who heard that! Really **** me off. Typical **** idiot commentators havent got a clue what theyre talking about. Its not only Barcelnona, its us and i believe a german side aswell. Annoyed me greatly did that comment.

The Spurs deal with Mansion ends this season. I don't think their next one will be anywhere near as lucrative.

Do you think they got more than they are worth for the mansion deal then?

I can't speak for what Risso thinks but personally I think its more a case of the financial and economic climate of 2010 is very different to 2006 when that deal was done.

The Spurs deal with Mansion ends this season. I don't think their next one will be anywhere near as lucrative.

Really? If they qualify for the Champions League they will get a much better deal.

Â