• Brazil
    • Germany
    • Spain
    • England
    • Argentina
    • Italy
    • Holland
    • Other

England are a mess, many players passed their best and scandal after scandal..... despite this I think that England will win it. They're not the best team by a long stretch but I just have this feeling (much like the last couple of rugby world cups) It'll come good on the big stage.

no red and white glasses here :lol:

I'd love to see us Yanks shock the world, but....that's not going to happen....my second team is England, but there are too many questions....Argentina would be a good shout, but they're managed by a madman....Brazil are always a threat, but I don't see them winning it all. Holland will all be sabotaging each other's boots in the dressing room, Germany will be efficient but fall short again. Italy will go out early this time, I think.

So I voted Spain. They got the monkey off their back in Euro '08, and have essentially the same team now.

For pure spectacle though, an England-Argentina final would be insane.

Spain have to be hot favourites, but

a) how often do the hot favourites win, and

B) they have a murderous draw once out of the group stage

I like the look of Argentina and Germany in the top half of the draw, I think either could make the final, Germany well-coached but with lack of star talent, Argentina massively talented and shockingly coached. The one time Argentina won it was because they had one guy who could run rings around the rest of the world. It could happen again, despite Messi's history with them.

England can get to the final, no doubt, but I think it's all going wrong for them at the moment with key players (Gerrard, Terry, Cole, Hargreaves) well out of form or injured, and as a neutral I don't trust their midfield or goalkeeper one bit, nor do they have capable international-level back-up for Rooney. As an Irishman I know France are rubbish with the mental strength of wet newspaper, and they've no Zizou to pull them out of the merde this time. As an Irishman I'd also like to see England do well (semis) but ultimately lose. They are a massively fun to watch drama/comedy, after all. I've been abroad for two world cups (not at the world cup, just abroad) and everyone watches England's games in much the same way as they would Brazil or Argentina.

As for the bottom half, any bloody thing could happen. If Brazil end up 2nd in their group (more than possible with Portugal and Ivory Coast) we'd have a Brazil - Spain round of 16 match, which would be a bit of a tragedy. Either way I think one of those two teams will make it, though I'm not yet fully convinced by Brazil and whether they'll have the balls to commit to their new style in the World Cup. But Italy, Portugal, Netherlands, Ivory Coast, all of these teams will have a shot.

So I'll go for a Spanish speaking Spain - Argentina final, with Spain taking it. My dark horses would be the Netherlands. (Despite their world rankings who's talking about them?) And I think the African teams are going to sadly disappoint, with the possible exception of Ghana. In fact, if I had to predict an upset, Ghana-England (which is what I expect) in the round of 16 would be tricky for Capello's boys.

Argentina for me. Best player in the world, red hot striker and seem to finally get their defence gelling well.

to me main dark horses are Holland and for some reason i fancy Mexico

england will crumble as usual and i think its because the media pressure gets to them. if they went in with the attitude we will try our best to win it instead of saying we can win the world cup expectations wouldnt be as high.

brazil for me, i think the heat will play a massive factor and brazil play well when it isnt in europe

england will crumble as usual and i think its because the media pressure gets to them. if they went in with the attitude we will try our best to win it instead of saying we can win the world cup expectations wouldnt be as high.

brazil for me, i think the heat will play a massive factor and brazil play well when it isnt in europe

It'll be winter in SA

It'll be winter in SA

although the temperature will still be upper 20's.

Â