Red Dead Redemption

PompeyVillan

Anyone know when the PC version comes out?
This might change in the future but as of right now, there are no plans to bring RDR to PC.
Rockstar games always come out on PC, I would be shocked if RDR didnt come out too. However, I would imagine it will be months away yet, especially while console sales are still strong.

Hunting challenge? Done.

Treasure hunting? Done.

Survivalist? Done.

Just working on my sharpshooting now, 2 hats and 2 disarms... got the 2 hats, the disarms I seem more able to do by mistake.

You are going to love the final sharpshooting challenge them, disarm six people without reloading or changing weapons!

An easy tip if you are struggling though, ride out to Thieves Landing, put on the bandana if you care about your honour and tear up the Saloon. Just take cover behind the bar and blast people, you will have an almost infinite supply of people to shoot at and as long as you keep aiming at their guns then you will do it easily. You can use this technique for the final challenge too.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers Rev.

It's strange, generally in this I'm a pretty decent shot, but the disarming people thing seems to elude me. I'm sure I'll get it, I've barely needed to use the technique upto now really. Similarly it's only in the last couple of days play I've really started using the Dead Eye. Makes the legendary animals piss easy.

Unusually as well, I found the kill a beer with a knife challenge much, much easier than the kill a cougar with a knife challenge. The bear was piss, charge sidestep slash away. The cougar was a proper pain in the arse, even when softening it up with a pistol the thing would fly off like no-ones business..

Anyone know when the PC version comes out?
This might change in the future but as of right now, there are no plans to bring RDR to PC.
Rockstar games always come out on PC, I would be shocked if RDR didnt come out too. However, I would imagine it will be months away yet, especially while console sales are still strong.

Hunting challenge? Done.

Treasure hunting? Done.

Survivalist? Done.

Just working on my sharpshooting now, 2 hats and 2 disarms... got the 2 hats, the disarms I seem more able to do by mistake.

You are going to love the final sharpshooting challenge them, disarm six people without reloading or changing weapons!

An easy tip if you are struggling though, ride out to Thieves Landing, put on the bandana if you care about your honour and tear up the Saloon. Just take cover behind the bar and blast people, you will have an almost infinite supply of people to shoot at and as long as you keep aiming at their guns then you will do it easily. You can use this technique for the final challenge too.

Oi, stop nicking my tips! ;) Thieves landing is the perfect spot, because there are no police either, and police turning up everywhere else makes it very hard.

A couple of other tips - take plenty of dead eye juice, and keep your finger on the left button to stop reloading, and use a gun wth lots of bullets!

Played online last night! Some guy called 'Dannywayne' (or something like that) kept shooting me with a sniper rifle everytime I re-spawned..

So me and lapal_fan started a posse and kicked his a$$ for about half an hour non-stop! :D... he was running scared. I love to think it was one of you guys but it probably wasnt :winkold: lol

I'm "Robbb182" if anyone's online on there in the next few days!

Oh... btw... I was not amused when I first started playing it and I was a woman with a donkey. I had to go and shoot a sheriff just to have a decent horse!

**** FIVE FINGER FILLET!!!

(that is all.)

Yes. A million times. Up the arse. In fact, I don't like any of the non-card or dice games. The horse shoes are a load of shite as well.

Five finger fillet is easy, just write the sequence down as it is shown and there you go :)

Surely that's cheating!?

phoney.jpg

Hey, this guys a phoney. A big, fat phoney!

(Rainer.. apologies.. I don't know whether you are either big or fat :winkold: )

Five finger fillet is easy, just write the sequence down as it is shown and there you go :)

Surely that's cheating!?

Hey, this guys a phoney. A big, fat phoney!

(Rainer.. apologies.. I don't know whether you are either big or fat :winkold: )

Haha, no probs, and im neither so no offence done. Wouldnt mind the house though.

I found them by the top of the Great Plains, and also the coast line between Thieves Landing and Blackwater.

Watch out for the boars though, shit loads of them!

Still struggling to find beavers. Really pissing me off.

Loads of them right at the top of Tall Trees.

How do they climb up? :confused:

Finally got this today. Had a bit of a 360 game binge now that my exams are finished, buying this, Blur and Bayonetta.

Have only done a few favours and about 4 main missions so far, but I'm liking it very, very much.

I guess Indians do turn up later though... it's always the way.

Cheers for that advice Risso and Rev by the way, nailed the sharpshooter challenges as well and Marston is now very sharply dressed ;). Tempted to go achievement and outfit hunting now before going through the final missions.

Checked some of my stats for the game earlier, I've acquired 31000lb of meat haha.

Â