70 members have voted

1. 1. Which party gets your X

• Labour
    • Conservative (and UUP alliance)
    • Liberal Democrat
    • Green
    • UKIP
    • BNP
    • Jury Team (Coallition of Independents)
    • Spoil Ballot
    • Not voting

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Odds on George Osbourne coming across like a complete twunt?

already covered in my original post :winkold:

end of the day , Osborne is yet to bankrupt a country so for my money that makes him a better candidate for Chancellor than Darling .. of course you can theorise on what he may or may not do should he get the job but for a bumbling idiot Labour do seem to be stealing a lot of his ideas

Ch4 20:00

Osborne - Darling and thingy from the thingy party

you mean the highly rated and respected Vince Cable, who many political commentators expect to be Chancellor in the event of a Hung Parliament.

I think you do him a disservice, Sir.

I expect him to come across very well tonight, as usual.

I tend to find the Lib Dem candidates pretty universally come across well. Except for Clegg.

already covered in my original post ;)

end of the day , Osborne is yet to bankrupt a country so for my money that makes him a better candidate for Chancellor than Darling .. of course you can theorise on what he may or may not do should he get the job but for a bumbling idiot Labour do seem to be stealing a lot of his ideas

I hadn't read your opening post fully :oops:

He does come across as a prat though, regardless of what Labour have done. I remember that post budget broadcast he did last year, it was embarrassing. 'Labour are shit, lol' sums it up.

I expect him to come across very well tonight, as usual.

just like you ( by you i mean a collective you ) already expect Osborne to come across badly ?

and this is the problem , Cable has somehow got this wise old sage image and can do no wrong but he made one call correctly through luck as it turns out and is now deemed to be the saviour of the universe

you all seem to forget his Mansion tax , his backing of lighter regulation for the City and why has he never had any detailed examination of his time at Shell ?

if the mansion tax was based on the price of the property when bought rather than current value, then I would say fair enough.

after all if you are a codger who bought a house in 1950 and it's now worth £1m then it's unfair.

If you turn up and buy a £1m house today then you can afford an extra £5k a year on your Council Tax or however it would be taken.

If you turn up and buy a £1m house today then you can afford an extra £5k a year on your Council Tax

Wasn't their 'mansion tax' 0.5% on the value above a million (before or after they changed it, I can't remember which :D)?

So, Osborne (cocky twunt/not guilty of bankrupting a country yet/not as bad as Gordo or Darling/just plain stupid*) has announced a planned intention to go back on the NI increase, which is to be funded by, yep, you guessed it, 'efficiency savings'.

Join me tonight in the 'Ask the Chancellors' drinking game: a finger of beer/cider/wine to be drunk whenever the phrase 'efficiency savings' is trotted out.

I'm not sure I'll make it through a one hour programme before keeling over but I'll have a go.

*delete according to whim, bias or deduction. :winkold:

Join me tonight in the 'Ask the Chancellors' drinking game: a finger of beer/cider/wine to be drunk whenever the phrase 'efficiency savings' is trotted out.

I'm not sure I'll make it through a one hour programme before keeling over but I'll have a go.

I'd join you but I'd need to go to the off licence, I'm not sure 8 cans'd be a enough.

'Efficiency savings' is a delicious euphemism incidentally, the kind of word whoever coined it grinned wide and hugged himself for being smart after thinking it up. How to make something people won't like sound like something they should like, it's textbook.

Whoever wins will HAVE to cut public spending on a scale not seen in living memory. Even Darling has said the cuts will be far deeper than anything Thatcher had to push through.

The only real choice is which smiling politico you want to wield the axe, but either way it will be a bloodbath. The days of living on the 'never never' are well and truely over, hopefully the masses are finally about to wake up to that reality.

If you turn up and buy a £1m house today then you can afford an extra £5k a year on your Council Tax

Wasn't their 'mansion tax' 0.5% on the value above a million (before or after they changed it, I can't remember which :D)?

So, Osborne (cocky twunt/not guilty of bankrupting a country yet/not as bad as Gordo or Darling/just plain stupid*) has announced a planned intention to go back on the NI increase, which is to be funded by, yep, you guessed it, 'efficiency savings'.

*delete according to whim, bias or deduction. :winkold:

surely also a finger for "cutting government waste and unneccessary bureaucracy" and a double downing for "front line services will not be affected"?

I think ultimately it will be funded by a VAT increase, which I think Labour would also have liked to have done in addition.

Do you mean that Osborne was lying? :winkold:

FWIW, I agree with you and I have suspected it was coming for a long while (though we might both still be wrong :D).

Good to see the President of Aberystwyth University Guild of Students in the audience.

What is going on with Darling's upper lip?

Trying to go for a John Waters style 'tache?

Cable just seems to speak sense.

Good to see the President of Aberystwyth University Guild of Students in the audience.

So that's where your subs have gone: a jolly in the smoke. :P

Cable just seems to speak sense.

Also seems to try and reason through things, whether he is answering a question or putting one.

Perhaps that is the benefit of being a Lib Dem: though I've still seen some of them being ridiculously partisan, too.

It seemed to me that channel 4 were giving Osborne more exposure than the others

I think the smug tag needs to be removed from Osborne and given to vince tax the rich Cable .. Good luck in winning the seat in poverty struck Richmond Vince ...

I thought darling struggled and came out a clear loser .. But no doubt the labour faction will say Osborne was useless and also ate our babies

Osborne was useless and also ate our babies

Sounds about right.

;)

Seriously though I don't think he came across that well (again).

Cable, if I believed in the party system, might have just about got my vote there. Heads screwed on, explains himself, elaborates, something you rarely see in a politician. I think he gets the situation and he gets the people too.

I sincerely hope Osborne is made to eat his words with regards there only being 2 choices.

I think the smug tag needs to be removed from Osborne and given to vince tax the rich Cable

Why?

I see he (Osborne) still keeps the cocky, twunt and stupid tags, though. :winkold:

It's a shame no one asked him about exports. :crylaugh: