70 members have voted

1. 1. Which party gets your X

• Labour
    • Conservative (and UUP alliance)
    • Liberal Democrat
    • Green
    • UKIP
    • BNP
    • Jury Team (Coallition of Independents)
    • Spoil Ballot
    • Not voting

And now Mrs. Cameron is up the duff. Coincidence? ;)
Depends if you think Blair's wife being up the duff when he was in number 10, or the Brown baby news was also a coincidence
Neither of those coincided with a general election - so I guess the comparison doesn't hold up to the smallest of examination.
Oh well it must be a cynical plot on Cameron's behalf to get his wife pregnant jsut as we are about to have an election, how silly of me it has to be a conspiracy :bang:

My point, it has absolutley nothing to do with an election, as the pregnancy of both Blair and Brown didn't either.

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And now Mrs. Cameron is up the duff. Coincidence? ;)
Depends if you think Blair's wife being up the duff when he was in number 10, or the Brown baby news was also a coincidence
Neither of those coincided with a general election - so I guess the comparison doesn't hold up to the smallest of examination.
Oh well it must be a cynical plot on Cameron's behalf to get his wife pregnant jsut as we are about to have an election, how silly of me it has to be a conspiracy :bang:

My point, it has absolutley nothing to do with an election, as the pregnancy of both Blair and Brown didn't either.

Ok, yet his own supporters have been on the news stating he will use it to his advantage when trying to grab votes. :|

of course it's a coincidence.

'hey love, I really am feeling good about the election, things are going well at the moment'

'yeah i think Labour have a real fight on their hands'

'I'm feeling pretty good right now, fancy a shag?'

'BOOM'

I think that's about as close as you'll get to a conspiracy.

'hey love, I really am feeling good about the election, things are going well at the moment'

'BOOM'

Which one is Mandelson?

hewitt's being whoring herself around since jumping ship..

There seem to be a lot of 'working days' per month in Hewitt world.

I think so far I've counted about 11 and a half working days (not including Barclays and trips to India), she's still looking for another 'major board role' (which seems to be two or three days a month) and she still manages to collect a salary as an MP.

For balance, I fully expect that there are a large number of Tories (as well as many other Labour MPs) and probably some Lib Dems (though I must admit that I've heard less thrown in their direction - maybe Lembit has been moonlighting) are similarly knavish.

'BOOM'

Which one is Mandelson?

HAHAHAHA!

love it.

I'm not really looking forward to these leader debate things but I've just seen advertised on C4+1 that there is due to be a debate with Darling, Osborne and Cable on C4 called 'Ask the Chancellors', next monday at 8pm.

Now that might well be interesting (as it will surely revolve around policy more than personality) and worth a watch.

It will be worth a watch to see Cable show both of 'em up, and I hate Lib Dems.

Well, out of the three, he is the (academic and professional) economist.

On the subject of Sir Vince the Cable, he has, apparently, been called in by the big knobs in the treasury to ask about his direction in the case of a hung parliament and him becoming Chancellor. Pragmatic but unusual.

Oh dear the shite has really hit the fan tonight

Ooh, what's happened, now?

Genuine question as I'm watching Secret Millionaire (on the delayed channel).

Right, just watching Newsnight and Byers, Hewitt and Hoon have been suspended from the Labour party (it appears that Buff has been quieter in his defence that the other two).

What has been done to the (likely to be a Lord) Tory? Nothing, it seems.

And now shit loads about foreign trips sponsored by foreign governments.

Bring back D'Israeli. :winkold:

p.s. My god, it really needs to be something bad for Mandy to feel vindicated in describing someone's actions (a friend - or former friend perhaps) as 'pretty grubby'.

How can you possibly say Vince Cable is overrated?
Perhaps it's because I don't agree with a lot of what he says, but I feel he's latched onto the banker bashing bandwaggon and is just telling people what they want to hear. Yes, I know most politicians do that but most politicians are also called out on it but he's not.

It is his job to "latch" onto the banker bashing bandwagon, because he is economic spokesman of his party...lol....

Every time I have heard Vince Cable speak he has always spoken a lot of common sense.

How can you possibly say Vince Cable is overrated?
Perhaps it's because I don't agree with a lot of what he says, but I feel he's latched onto the banker bashing bandwaggon and is just telling people what they want to hear. Yes, I know most politicians do that but most politicians are also called out on it but he's not.

Was he telling people what they wanted to hear before things went tits up?

I don't think he's right about everything (perhaps not right about most things - he is an economist after all and they don't have a great record) but the suggestion that his views are predicated on populism is pretty bizarre.

In fact, I think it's a pretty cheap and unsubstantiated shot (and that comes from someone who skeptically views that the vast majority of politicians' views are predicated on populism).