Bulger Killer Returned To Jail [Poll Added]

Reality

What do you think the punishment for Venebles and Thompson should have been?  

133 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think the punishment for Venebles and Thompson should have been?

• Their punishment was too severe
    • The punishment was correct
    • The punishment should have been longer
    • They should never have been let out
    • The Death Sentence

No appeal against the Death penalty

Ha ha. Really? :shock:

So no actual system of any checks then?

What happens when an innocent person is put to death? Would your conscience live with that?

Or is this actually a case of you not being serious at all and just trying to post whatever it is that you think will 'provoke' people whom you dislike?

appeals against other sentences will be allowed, but if the original sentence is found to be correct it will then be doubled with no right to appeal........

Again, is this a serious suggestion or just a bit of PFE?

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Putting the body on railtracks in an attempt for it to be totally destroyed beyond recognition tells me they did.

And tell me, how often is this train line used? Do you know the frequency of the trains on the Canada Dock Branch line? I'll wager that the kids thought it was an abandoned train line as it virtually is. It took only two days for a train to do the damage, it could have been weeks, not sure I've ever seen more than two trains on it in all the years I've lived here. Its also pretty bloody close to a police station (like 100 yards tops). I really don't think you've made the correct assumption there

So at which point did in the day did they forget what they were doiing was wrong?

When they took him?

When they beat him?

When they tortured him?

When the killed him?

I'd wager before, during and after each one they knew it was wrong.......

and how often the track was used is irrelevant, they knew if the body was hit by a train it would be impossible in their mind to identify the body..... kids don't deal in forensics so to them it would have been.... nothing to identify = getting away with it.

No appeal against the Death penalty

Ha ha. Really? :shock:

So no actual system of any checks then?

What happens when an innocent person is put to death? Would your conscience live with that?

Or is this actually a case of you not being serious at all and just trying to post whatever it is that you think will 'provoke' people whom you dislike?

appeals against other sentences will be allowed, but if the original sentence is found to be correct it will then be doubled with no right to appeal........

Again, is this a serious suggestion or just a bit of PFE?

It might..... depends.

I don't post for effect........

Well, you need somewhere for them to walk into and out of.

And of course there are those people who offend, do the time and never go back.

And of course society needs a system whereby wrongdoers are punished.

So it's not really a waste of money...

I've always preferred community service to prison. Though it would be more a case of old fashioned hard labour in the extreme cases..

I'd have them under house arrest at night with come clever technological system, and at 6am til 9pm every day they are doing labour to fit their crime. Murder, etc.. should be excruciatingly painful, with corporal punishment to those who don't work.. lesser crimes should see them doing things like cleaning graffiti, picking up litter, to cleaning sewers, etc.. a varying scale of horribleness or pain determined by a judge and jury.

Prison is too cushy and serves no benefit to society. Carrying rocks on a construction site for 15 hours a day, 7 days a week for 3 years would be living hell for them and get something done in the process.

Carrying rocks on a construction site for 15 hours a day, 7 days a week for 3 years would be living hell for them and get something done in the process.

Yes, Mein Fuhrer!

Justice Secretary Jack Straw has met the mother of murdered toddler James Bulger to discuss the return to prison of one of her son's killers.

James was murdered by 10-year-old's Jon Venables and Robert Thompson in 1993 after he was taken from a Merseyside shopping centre.

Mr Straw met Denise Fergus after it emerged Venables was recalled to prison for breaching his licence terms.

The Ministry of Justice would not reveal what Mr Straw told Mrs Fergus.

On 13 February 1993 Venables and Thompson abducted James in Bootle and killed him on a railway line.

Venables and Thompson were convicted of the toddler's murder and released on licence with a new identity in 2001.

An order prohibiting the publication of details which could reveal their whereabouts remains in place.

Venables was recalled to prison last month for an unspecified breach of his licence which Mr Straw said involved "very serious allegations".

Mrs Fergus asked for the meeting last week after it was revealed Venables was back in prison.

She was quoted as saying she was "sick" of officials "closing doors in her face".

The meeting with Mr Straw, at Blackburn Town Hall, lasted about an hour.

A spokesman said the Justice Secretary tried to answer Mrs Fergus's questions "as fully as he could" and that the meeting had been "cordial".

It is understood he has promised that his officials will keep Mrs Fergus informed about future developments where appropriate.

Mr Straw has made it clear he will not reveal the precise reasons for the decision to return Venables to prison.

Earlier this week he told the House of Commons: "It is critical that if charges do follow, it is possible to hold a fair trial - fair for the defence and fair for the prosecution."

The Justice Secretary has promised an inquiry into how Venables has been managed since his release if charges are brought.

Beeb

Hmm.

No appeals for death sentences. Crackers.

That's me done with this thread - he's got to be on the wind up or, as you say, crackers. Either way, there's no sensible debate to be had here.

get something done in the process

Yep, suppression of wages for unskilled (and low skilled) labour would be the first thing.

We already have community service orders. I've seen them round the neighbourhood painting fences etc with the guard officer looking on.

I don't think they suppress wages because they are not in the free market competing for jobs. They are given tasks to do which the government has otherwise not offered a job for.

I think illegal migrants are a bigger cause of wage suppression to be concerned about.

Â