FAC: Palace h Match Thread 2010/02/24 20:00

limpid

FFS when is The Fonz gonna get a fookin start. Gabby shouldn't be playing we need him nice and rested for Sunday, god dammit.

Milner, Yound and Downing starting too, ffs. I wanted him to field a strong side but perhaps he thinks today in Sunday and that we're playing at Wembley???

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year he got slated for fielding a weakened team over top 4, this time he puts out a good team and people STILL aren't happy.

What happens if you backed his decision last year though? I agreed with what he did last year but I disagree to a little point this year.

People aren't happy because they believe we could beat Crystal Palace at home, out of form, without having to play Milner, Agbonlahor who in the last match have shown injuries/knocks/tiredness.

Do you not think we could beat Crystal Palace without having to play our very best players?

Noone is asking for the whole team to be completly stripped but a few changes would of been nice.

His decision proved wrong last year though?

You don't know that. I for one wanted changes because I could see the quality of the CSKA team. Vagner Love, Dzagoev, Krasic, Zhirkov etc...I also believe we came out sharply against Stoke but them two late goals killed us and our season. I thought we played well for 85 minutes in that game and the changes worked. Then two goals out of nowhere and the whole confidence of the team was lost.

So I didn't think Moscow decision affected us in anyway to be honest. That's just my view. I defended him at the time and still do.

Do you not think we could beat Crystal Palace without having to play our very best players?

Noone is asking for the whole team to be completly stripped but a few changes would of been nice.

here here :thumb: also agree delf should have started

Well, no excuses from MON now if they are all tired for the final and it ends up costing us.....

What did you expect him to do?

Rest a couple more players at least. It's Crystal Palace for crying out loud....

The old, its only Crystal Palace, upsets don't happen do they. He needed to go strong tonight and fair play to him, if he hadn't then he'd probably get slated like he did for Moscow.

Considering most people on this thread wanted some changes, I don't think he'd get slaughtered because the comments are clear to see on the thread.

Also the squad we have is alot better now than what we had and put out in Moscow. We also played Moscow, a fine team in Europe. This year, we're playing Crystal Palace. The circumstances between the two are so far apart.

He's made enough changes, if its only palace then why didn't we get the job done in the first place.

At home, average pitch, not great tactics from O'Neill (no pace upfront), large and loud Palace crowd, Palace up for it etc....since then, they've been in bad form and there fans are saying they've looked poor and tired. It was exactly the same situation last year at Doncatser where we rested most of the team and won 3-1 at home.

Well, no excuses from MON now if they are all tired for the final and it ends up costing us.....

Rest a couple more players at least. It's Crystal Palace for crying out loud....

The old, its only Crystal Palace, upsets don't happen do they. He needed to go strong tonight and fair play to him, if he hadn't then he'd probably get slated like he did for Moscow.

Considering most people on this thread wanted some changes, I don't think he'd get slaughtered because the comments are clear to see on the thread.

Also the squad we have is alot better now than what we had and put out in Moscow. We also played Moscow, a fine team in Europe. This year, we're playing Crystal Palace. The circumstances between the two are so far apart.

He has made 4 changes, it is pretty obvious what happens when many more are made.

Is it? Because we made 6/7 changes when we played Doncaster in a replay last year and won 3-1 and that team included Salifou, Gardner, Shorey etc..!! So please explain?

I'm not too bothered about Dunne playing. I thought Warnock should possibly be rested. Milner and Agbonlahor really needed a rest. Not too bothered about the others. So I'd of liked to seen

Young Sids Delph Downing

Carew Fonz.

If that's not good enough to see of Crystal Palace then there's a serious lack of faith in our players.

So because he has not done exactly what you wanted then it means a serious lack of faith in the players?

Maybe he just wants to get this finished quickly, maybe he feels players like Gabby need to be playing to stay in form?

Maybe thes guys just want to play football?

I am sure I read you play on a Saturday and a Sunday? these are professional athletes that should be able to handle 2 games a week.

Last year. We changed our best players for the likes of Bannan, Salifou, Gardner, Albrighton. 2 of them had never played for the first team before and Gardner and Salifou are very poor. Delfouneso uptop on his own. All these changes against one of the better teams in Europe.

Some Villa fans want changes as in, Milner, Agbonlahor, Warnock rested for Sidwell, Delfouneso and Beye for example against Crystal Palace, a mid-table championship team and apparently it's the same situation?

Okay then.

He's made enough changes, if its only palace then why didn't we get the job done in the first place.

At home, average pitch, not great tactics from O'Neill (no pace upfront), large and loud Palace crowd, Palace up for it etc....since then, they've been in bad form and there fans are saying they've looked poor and tired. It was exactly the same situation last year at Doncatser where we rested most of the team and won 3-1 at home.

You are such a know it all.

He has made 4 changes, it is pretty obvious what happens when many more are made.

Is it? Because we made 6/7 changes when we played Doncaster in a replay last year and won 3-1 and that team included Salifou, Gardner, Shorey etc..!! So please explain?

I'm not too bothered about Dunne playing. I thought Warnock should possibly be rested. Milner and Agbonlahor really needed a rest. Not too bothered about the others. So I'd of liked to seen

Young Sids Delph Downing

Carew Fonz.

If that's not good enough to see of Crystal Palace then there's a serious lack of faith in our players.

So because he has not done exactly what you wanted then it means a serious lack of faith in the players?

Maybe he just wants to get this finished quickly, maybe he feels players like Gabby need to be playing to stay in form?

Maybe thes guys just want to play football?

I am sure I read you play on a Saturday and a Sunday? these are professional athletes that should be able to handle 2 games a week.

No i'm saying some people on here don't have any faith in our players. Sidwell, Beye, Delfouneso are better than the championship and are better players than the Championship.

Didn't MON get loads of stick for playing a weak team in Europe last year? For throwing away a cup competition? Didn't he get stick that even though it was a reserve team losing a game gets the wrong mentality in the squad?

yawn.gif