FAC: Palace h Match Thread 2010/02/24 20:00

limpid

I think Martin wants this one as well.

To be honest, we could get to the semis at the very least. It's just a shame that he is risking some players when we have got a final on Sunday. There is no reason for us not to be able to beat Palace, even with a couple more of the players rested.

If Gabby gets injured tonight then we can kiss the Carling Cup goodbye. Without Gabby upfront we look toothless.

Oh well, I just hope we win it in normal time and nobody gets injured. I also hope they aren't tired for Sunday now. I suppose MON knows best and knows that he will take the blame if the final goes balls up because of this.

We can do it though. I have faith in MON and the players. I'm just a bit worried about anyone getting injured or certain players getting too tired. :(

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't MON get loads of stick for playing a weak team in Europe last year? For throwing away a cup competition? Didn't he get stick that even though it was a reserve team losing a game gets the wrong mentality in the squad?

if we get through tonight we have an excellent chance at another cup final.

It's completly different.

Resting Agbonlahor, Milner for Delfouneso, Sidwell is different to changing pretty much the whole team. Anyway I supported his decision in Moscow and although I'm not annoyed at what he's chosen tonight because I badly want to go through. I think 1/2 more changes could of been made but also having Gabby on the bench incase etc..

Well, no excuses from MON now if they are all tired for the final and it ends up costing us.....

What did you expect him to do?

Rest a couple more players at least. It's Crystal Palace for crying out loud....

The old, its only Crystal Palace, upsets don't happen do they. He needed to go strong tonight and fair play to him, if he hadn't then he'd probably get slated like he did for Moscow.

Considering most people on this thread wanted some changes, I don't think he'd get slaughtered because the comments are clear to see on the thread.

Also the squad we have is alot better now than what we had and put out in Moscow. We also played Moscow, a fine team in Europe. This year, we're playing Crystal Palace. The circumstances between the two are so far apart.

Well, no excuses from MON now if they are all tired for the final and it ends up costing us.....

Rest a couple more players at least. It's Crystal Palace for crying out loud....

The old, its only Crystal Palace, upsets don't happen do they. He needed to go strong tonight and fair play to him, if he hadn't then he'd probably get slated like he did for Moscow.

Considering most people on this thread wanted some changes, I don't think he'd get slaughtered because the comments are clear to see on the thread.

Also the squad we have is alot better now than what we had and put out in Moscow. We also played Moscow, a fine team in Europe. This year, we're playing Crystal Palace. The circumstances between the two are so far apart.

Crystal Palace: Speroni, Clyne, Davis, Lawrence, Butterfield, Carle, Derry, Ertl, Danns, Lee, Ambrose.

Subs: Manns, Hill, Scannell, Andrew, Djilali, Comley, N'Diaye.

Pretty much the team last week.... I expect another bruising encounter!

He has made 4 changes, it is pretty obvious what happens when many more are made.

Guess you can't please all of the people all of the time eh?! last year he ended up buying dinner for fans as he played a weakened side, doesn't do it this time round and he is still wrong?? Que sera sera!!! Lets just win and ignore the moaning

gabby is carrying a knock, and seems to be "doubftul" for every game of late, why the hell isnt he on the bench

here here. not best pleased that ash and milner are starting either. lets hope we get a couple of goals up and can take the key players off

Last year he got slated for fielding a weakened team over top 4, this time he puts out a good team and people STILL aren't happy.

What happens if you backed his decision last year though? I agreed with what he did last year but I disagree to a little point this year.

People aren't happy because they believe we could beat Crystal Palace at home, out of form, without having to play Milner, Agbonlahor who in the last match have shown injuries/knocks/tiredness.

Do you not think we could beat Crystal Palace without having to play our very best players?

Noone is asking for the whole team to be completly stripped but a few changes would of been nice.

He's made enough changes, if its only palace then why didn't we get the job done in the first place.

Last year he got slated for fielding a weakened team over top 4, this time he puts out a good team and people STILL aren't happy.

What happens if you backed his decision last year though? I agreed with what he did last year but I disagree to a little point this year.

People aren't happy because they believe we could beat Crystal Palace at home, out of form, without having to play Milner, Agbonlahor who in the last match have shown injuries/knocks/tiredness.

Do you not think we could beat Crystal Palace without having to play our very best players?

Noone is asking for the whole team to be completly stripped but a few changes would of been nice.

His decision proved wrong last year though?

He has made 4 changes, it is pretty obvious what happens when many more are made.

Is it? Because we made 6/7 changes when we played Doncaster in a replay last year and won 3-1 and that team included Salifou, Gardner, Shorey etc..!! So please explain?

I'm not too bothered about Dunne playing. I thought Warnock should possibly be rested. Milner and Agbonlahor really needed a rest. Not too bothered about the others. So I'd of liked to seen

Young Sids Delph Downing

Carew Fonz.

If that's not good enough to see of Crystal Palace then there's a serious lack of faith in our players.

gabby is carrying a knock, and seems to be "doubftul" for every game of late, why the hell isnt he on the bench

here here. not best pleased that ash and milner are starting either. lets hope we get a couple of goals up and can take the key players off

not too concerned with ash starting tbh, another good performance from him and a goal would have his confidence sky high for sunday. milner again i can understand, coz we've only really sidwell to come in for him