FAC: Palace h Match Thread 2010/02/24 20:00

limpid

In an ideal world we would rest the entire first 11 and still progress as they are (should be) better man for man than Palace.

However this is cup football against an organised team that is used to battling, we will lose if we put out some of the selections on this thread.

If we want to win this game we can’t play an entire team that have hardly played together and are not match fit. Its a case of prioritising who needs the rest most then changing 4 or 5 max from the starting line up.

Top of the list is Petrov, he looks knackered at the best of times and we will need him for maybe 120 minutes on Sunday. I think its pretty nailed on that Delph will play the entire 90 tomorrow even if Stylian has recovered from his knock.

Since Gabby will probably be taken out due to precaution, 3rd would be Milner. He has played virtually every game this season and I think he would benefit from the week off considering the amount of energy he will exert at the weekend. Sidders should replace him as the nearest we have to a like for like replacement (Salifoo.... get real!).

Finally Warnock needs to be put in cotton wool to see him to Sunday so Young plays here.

I think Guzan should be given a practice game or an audition (depending how you look at it) for Sunday. The rest of the team has to be left if we are to progress against a team that has nothing else to play for and gave us a massive shock last time round.

Big John should be given match time over Emile, but this is a toss up usually so no surprises here.

My team...

Guzan, Cuellar, Dunne, Collins, Young, Downing, Delph, Sidders, Ash, Delfounso, Carew.

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it sounds negatative but can't see anything other than a loss- which I will be absolutely gutted with - because I'd swap Sunday for a trip in May for anything.

I just think you know what you get from a Warnock team, and he is going to send them out saying "Go in for the tackles - and they will pull out"

With everything that is going on , I just thonk they will be far more up for it than us.

I think if we could have put the likes of NRC , Bouma , Davies , Carew in we still would of had a chance, but it's going to be one of

a) A make shift team

or

B) A strong team who will be scared of getting injured.

Just can't see anything else.

Somehow I can't see MON picking a weakened side. I think he wants to progress in the FA Cup and I think he doesn't want a repeat of the Moscow bad vibes.

However, looking at a few limping off from the Burnley game, I think he may have a few changes forced on him.

I think the Fonz might get a start because I'm not sure Gabby will be fit and I don't think Carew/Heskey, sadly, would give enough pace and penetration.

With NRC out of action the midfield does just look a bit weak if we can't play Petrov.

Would probably be a good game to give Davies a full 90 minutes.

being snowed off would help us for the League Cup Final, but then we'll have a horrendous backlog for the rest of the season.

We are already going to be 2 games behind others, not playing this wednesday would mean we would have to squeeze at least 3 extra games, plus potentially 2-3 more if we progess in the FA Cup.

I just think you know what you get from a Warnock team, and he is going to send them out saying "Go in for the tackles - and they will pull out"

With everything that is going on , I just think they will be far more up for it than us.

...but it's going to be one of

a) A make shift team

or

B) A strong team who will be scared of getting injured.

i have to agree.

i'm nervous.

Damn i forgot about this thread.

Anyway here's mine.

1 Guzan

2 Beye

4 Collins

5 Cuellar

3 L.Young

7 Albrighton

6 Delph

8 Sidwell

11 A.Young

9 Carew

10 Delfouneso

I did remember that Davies and Bouma are still Aston Villa players, i don't think they'll be in the starting line-up though. But we could see Bouma make a return from the bench.

Hopefully MON doesn't play a full strength team. It's one we can take a risk on, home tie against a championship side. If we haven't got the confidence in these players now, then what's the point in having them in the squad.

Playing a full-strength side tomorrow would also be a risk.

We can't afford to get any key players injured or suspended for the final (that's if can?), we already seen Agbonlahor take a knock on Sunday and apparently Petrov is a doubt for the replay aswell. Best to keep them fresh.