FAC: Palace h Match Thread 2010/02/24 20:00

limpid

This should still be a strong enough team to beat a team in the relegation zone of the league below.

Yet a near full strength side wasn't good enough to win in the original game?

Palace are only in the relegation zone due to the ten point reduction without that they would be pushing for play offs.

Tough tie this and I want the manager to pick the strongest team possible

I'm fully aware of the ten point deduction however the Championship is such that there is a fine line between the decent teams and the shit teams and the fact that Palace have lost three of their last four would suggest to me that in losing Victor Moses they would appear to have lost the defining factor which held them slightly above that fine line of being decent instead of shit.

They're now shit.

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A win tonight with a strong team would be a fantastic confidence boost and keeps us on a roll, particularly after the second half on Sunday. Presuming Man Utd play a strong team on Sunday, we are going to get the run around at some point and these boys are so fit, having a rest tonight isn't going to make a great deal of difference to the energy levels come the final. The biggest worry is injuries but I'm willing to bet that the majority of the so called first team would rather have a game tonight than put their feet up and think about Sunday.

Whoever- and whatever he plays - I won't have a go ahime. Its a really tough call.

On one hand you are 4 days away from the Leegue Cup Final ,and the 1st final for 10 yrs.

On the other hand, you have a bottom 3 (yes I know the deduction !) Championship side, and if successful, another championship side between you and the FA Cup Semi Final !

What do you do.

It will be Guzan, I think thats a gimme.

I think its also a gimme about Carew and Fonz

Then I think it will either be Beye and Young , or maybe a surprise of Young and Bouma.

Delph is a gimme. And I reckon it will be Cueller and Collins (and maybe take Cueller off for Davies when / if he can).

So it is the midfield trio that is the issue - who knows!.

I do predict we will go out, and I'll be gutted, but as long as the team give their all (not like 1st half on Sunday) - I'll back them

Can't believe so many are considering Davies!

I think the lad will come good but to throw him in against a Championship side could cost us and potentially wreck his confidence.

sorry had to laugh at this he has played against the best like liverpool this season and was outstanding. we are not playing barcelona

I do rate Davies (but think he is a little bit behind Dunne/Collins, that partnership is extremely good) and think he could start this alongside Collins so I'd go with this:

Beye Collins Davies L Young

Albrighton Sidwell Milner Delph

Carew Fonz

But it'd be nice to see Bouma in for L Young. and maybe Salifou instead of Milner, at least for the 1st half.

Whoever- and whatever he plays - I won't have a go ahime. Its a really tough call.

On one hand you are 4 days away from the Leegue Cup Final ,and the 1st final for 10 yrs.

On the other hand, you have a bottom 3 (yes I know the deduction !) Championship side, and if successful, another championship side between you and the FA Cup Semi Final !

What do you do.

so true. people will criticise the team whatever he does.

but i trust he will do what is right.

^We have to go strong, no doubt. We'll lose otherwise. But this was the point of having a squad. I really believe that the side posted below would be strong enough to do the business tonight, whilst also resting a few key players for Sunday.

I'd like to see:

Friedel

Beye

Cuellar

Collins

Young

Milner

Sidwell

Delph

Young

Carew

Delfouneso

hopefully we will see gabby and stan rested as they are carrying knocks, dunne as hes our best defender and we need him for sunday, and maybe jimmy as he needs a break.

should still be able to put out a strong team as youve got collins,cuellar (or maybe davies) luke young and warnock at the back.

delph, downing (he should be on a high after 2 goals sunday), ash and whoever else in midfield. maybe albrighton instead of ash if hes fit.

then carew and fonz upfront. goalie doesnt bother me