The iPhone Topic

mrchnry

533ddd980cb811e2a9d822000a1de77b_7.jpg

See no purple.

On the other hand. I'm sure they'll fix all the crap soon mate. I'm just sick of people trying to berate me for buying an iPhone, like i'm some sort of moron. I got a few tiny glitches with mine that I'm expecting to be covered in an update. Better late than never.

Plus i'm pretty convinced that the only reason it appears more flawed than other products is because it is heavily marketed and therefore heavily commented on in the press and interwebs. I'm sure the amazing s3 has plenty of flaws, as cool a phone as it is for sure.

They're really not blaming the user for it in that article.

They're offering "angle it away from the light" as a shitty solution for the problem. WHich is bad.

But they're not saying "there is no problem, you're just holding it wrong"

On a related note, I hate phone cameras when you actually need a camera. I was taking photos of my watch to details the scuffs and scrapes on it to get a quote for a refurb. But my stupid S3 wouldn't focus on the damn thing as I was too close. But the distance I could focus was too far to see the light scuffs.

Damn phone cameras. Lumia save me....

533ddd980cb811e2a9d822000a1de77b_7.jpg

See no purple.

On the other hand. I'm sure they'll fix all the crap soon mate. I'm just sick of people trying to berate me for buying an iPhone, like i'm some sort of moron. I got a few tiny glitches with mine that I'm expecting to be covered in an update. Better late than never.

Plus i'm pretty convinced that the only reason it appears more flawed than other products is because it is heavily marketed and therefore heavily commented on in the press and interwebs. I'm sure the amazing s3 has plenty of flaws, as cool a phone as it is for sure.

I have no doubt that it's a very isolated issue with the camera that only happens in certain circumstances. No-one's berating you for buying an iPhone, you pay your money, you take your choice and the choice of electronic communication device isn't really something anyone should feel good or bad about. The S3 has plenty of flaws, lots of which I've argued no end about with Conor in the Android thread. My beloved Galaxy Nexus also has flaws, same as everything.

The issue I have is that Apple will constantly shout about how they're the most innovative and that everyone copies their designs because they're the best at what they do. Whether they actually believe that or not, what's actually happening is that they're a little bit amateurish with their designs. They churn out cool-looking stuff but don't have the experience or know-how that people like Nokia or Samsung, who have been doing this stuff for years, already have. If they claim to be the best, they really need to be the best, not ship phones that require a bumper case so the signal doesn't drop off, or where they don't realise that they need a special coating for the special glass they use for the camera, which makes photos purple if it isn't done.

Again, this isn't against the users. I really think that if Apple are to go after everyone in court for copying their 'superior' designs and patents, they damn well shouldn't be making rookie mistakes like these, which just show them up to not really know what they're doing.

What I hate about iphones is the protective cases. Every iphone user I know and see has one. They look horrible. What's the point in having a nice looking phone if you have to cover it up. What's the point of a thin phone if you make it bulky with a case?

I've never had a protective case for any phone. Nobody should they reallyirritate me. I don't have a protective case for my watch for example.

What I hate about iphones is the protective cases. Every iphone user I know and see has one. They look horrible. What's the point in having a nice looking phone if you have to cover it up. What's the point of a thin phone if you make it bulky with a case?

I've never had a protective case for any phone. Nobody should they reallyirritate me. I don't have a protective case for my watch for example.

This is my thinking also.

I am the most wreckless of individuals, and have been known to throw my phone at the cat as it threatens to p*ss on the carpet, yet it's still intact & largely unscratched after 2 years.

Cases transform works of art into works of fart.

I have to go back to my iPhone 3gs for a week whilst I wait for my S3 replacement phone. Charged my iphone up last night and left it in my bag over night and now looked at it and it wont bloody turn on. My power button is a bit iffy and will only work if your press the front screen underneath it. So I cant even try and see if its in DFU mode. What do i do!!!

I had a protective case for my iPhone 4. A good one too, one of the Griffin ones.

Dropped it, and the phone still shattered.

The iPhone 4 was/is a beautiful looking phone. Especially when it came out. But it's fragile as ****.

I haven't dropped my S3 yet (touch wood) but I'm fairly confident if and when I do it'll be relatively unscathed. I'm sure it'll get a scratch or two, but I don't think it'll break.

(clearly I've no jinxed it...)

Amd mine, it had an invisible shiled on for a while but for at least 2 years it was naked dropped it umpteen times and it was fine then the day before it was being sold to cex it was on top of a bag in the garage, I picked up the bag forgetting the phone was on it and it fell less than 6 inches and scratched and dented all the bottom of the casing :(

^^^^ The panoramic photo mode seems to be something that's impressed a lot of iPhone 5 users (the three I know have all mentioned it)

I find it a bit bizarre as you could do it on the iPhone 4 (and 3, I assume)

^^^^ The panoramic photo mode seems to be something that's impressed a lot of iPhone 5 users (the three I know have all mentioned it)

I find it a bit bizarre as you could do it on the iPhone 4 (and 3, I assume)

Indeed you could. We are a bit easily mislead clearly :D

That wasn't a dig at you by the way (those are cool pictures regardless) the photos just reminded me :)

As I mentioned previously, I saw a friend a couple of weeks ago who has a 5 and that was basically the first thing she showed me. She was pretty devastated when I told her her bf's phone (a 4) could do that anyway :)

Â