The iPhone Topic

mrchnry

You know what I mean. No matter if android phones were free, never ran out of batteries, could grant wishes. Loads of people, mainly women would still want an iphone simply because it is an iphone.

It is a fashion accessory, it has this desirability. That's why I give up when out comes to women and the iphone.

Like mykeyb if you had to choose between a desire a galaxy s or the old 3GS. You'd pick the android phone. The 3GS had what 6 mouths or so of apple support left before it is completely obsolete. You'd pick the android phone

Right few questions I could do with answers for pls.

1, When I'm in an app, Say a game, when I've had enough how do i exit? Is it just by pressing button on the front to go ack to the menu? As my old phone I had to actually exit apps.

2, similar to above, how do I exit Safari? By pressing the 'button' is it killing any internet connection/transfer

3, how can i decide between using the 3g or home wireless or outdoor worless ( i thinkits BT open zone but not sure what or how that works.) but if im out and click on to VT I presume it'll connect through 3G, so when i get home and i reopen safari on the same page i closed it, how can i ensure it'll be on home wireless?

Thanks!

also, Angry Birds is **** awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gingerlad

1. Home button

2. Home button - double tap home button brings up the list of apps running at the bottom of the screen. Tap on them and it kills them.

3. On mine if wifi is available it uses that before 3G - just let the phone decide which is best

Gingerlad

1. Home button

2. Home button - double tap home button brings up the list of apps running at the bottom of the screen. Tap on them and it kills them.

3. On mine if wifi is available it uses that before 3G - just let the phone decide which is best

wicked, cheers!!!!

Is there a way of using anything other than the crappy installed ringtones too?

Nope, you're stuck unless you buy them from iTunes. Welcome to Apple.

Does anyone use facebook 'places' it doesnt seem acurate enough, for instance when I put im at home it has the pin about a mile away and if I click on the map the blue dot is acutally in the right place....

Strange.

That will be because it's only using cell location. I don't think on an iPhone you can force GPS location like you can on Android. Also I don't think they do WiFi access point location, which Android does. Welcome to Apple.

Sorry. ;)

Does anyone use facebook 'places' it doesnt seem acurate enough, for instance when I put im at home it has the pin about a mile away and if I click on the map the blue dot is acutally in the right place....

Strange.

That will be because it's only using cell location. I don't think on an iPhone you can force GPS location like you can on Android. Also I don't think they do WiFi access point location, which Android does. Welcome to Apple.

Sorry. ;)

Well my friends have iPhone and their 'places' is always bang on, and I've discovered a way of making your own ringtone now, theres an App for it!

So, yes... Welcome to Apple!

:lol:

Strange.

Facebook places in the UK is extremely buggy, and if you're indoors it's probably not going to get a good fix. Try moving closer to a window ;)

Strange.

Facebook places in the UK is extremely buggy, and if you're indoors it's probably not going to get a good fix. Try moving closer to a window ;)

But what I dont understand is when i click on the little map it provides the 'blue' icon is bang on, but the 'red' pin pin type isnt.....?

Strange.

Sorry. ;)

Gingerlad, the quoted is bollocks, ignore it. There's various simple ways of making your own ringtone from programs downloadable online, plus there's an app for it now called ringtone designer. PM me if you have any problems and I'll find a link for the ringtone program I use.

Plus places works fine for me. Not sure what the problem is with yours my only suggestion is you've got a weak signal. Mine uses my wifi at home to get it bang on.

You know what I mean. No matter if android phones were free, never ran out of batteries, could grant wishes. Loads of people, mainly women would still want an iphone simply because it is an iphone.

Conversely, I bet there's a hell of a lot of people who just have Android phones because they're NOT iPhones. The people who have this hatred for Apple (not you by the way...necessarily) love having an android because it's the "enemy" of Apple at the moment.

Conversely, I bet there's a hell of a lot of people who just have Android phones because they're NOT iPhones. The people who have this hatred for Apple (not you by the way...necessarily) love having an android because it's the "enemy" of Apple at the moment.

Indeed. What we have here is an example of freedom of choice!

iPhones are very very very good smartphones. Some people who use Android seem to have forgotten this.

Strange.

Sorry. ;)

Gingerlad, the quoted is bollocks, ignore it. There's various simple ways of making your own ringtone from programs downloadable online, plus there's an app for it now called ringtone designer. PM me if you have any problems and I'll find a link for the ringtone program I use.

Plus places works fine for me. Not sure what the problem is with yours my only suggestion is you've got a weak signal. Mine uses my wifi at home to get it bang on.

mine is using the wireless at home too!?

I wonder if i'm doing it right, basically i click 'check in' and then it brings a list of nearby locations, lost of home ones, if I click them it brings all different places up nearby me, do i have to actually register a 'home' of my own for it to work?

Â