The iPhone Topic

mrchnry

Just got me an Iphone so now I have (by law) to become one of those annoying people I've spent 12 months laughing at, totally obsessed with apps.

So anyone got any good ones I should check out? I can't seem to find an Aston Villa official one which is a little (only a little) surprising.

Oh and I've already got the following;

Sky Sports News

Sky News

Ebay

Google Earth

Met Office

Facebook

MSN

So what else should I get folks????

Appminer

Sky Sports Football Score Centre (assuming you Sky Sports News refers to something else)

If Found

TVGuide@UK

Games:

Pocket God

Plants vs Zombies

Peggle

Drop7

Twitteriffic is a great free Twitter app too. Its better than most of the paid ones.

if you need to send the same txt to two seperate people, you have to type it out twice, apparently.

thats a bit crap.

You can copy, paste, select all, send to multiple contacts, forward messages etc... as you would expect from a normal phone.

That wasn't always the case, I suspect that you've just quoted a very old post

I downloaded Copilot for my Google Android phone the other day. I have never had a Sat Nav before, but for £23 I thought it was worth a cheeky punt. The missus has a Tom Tom sat nav in her car, and the Copilot one is every bit as good as the considerably more expensive one she uses. Copilot is on iPhone too, and I have to say, if you are even mildly interested in a sat nav, its a bargain.

• 2 weeks later...

Voice Plus if you have kids ... changing your voice to sound like a chipmunk or Robot is great fun

E-Wifi - finds loads more wifi points then the iPhone one does ... tried it last night at home and found a 4 strength open wifi that i'd never seen before

even downloaded a Tesco club-card app which worked when the checkout chick scanned it

APoliceRadio is mint. Was listening to the LAPD last night, some crazy chick stood at an intersection throwing stones at cars! Haha. 59p, quality.

(Although, sometimes it does come up with a Channel Offline notice, but when reloading it works)

Anybody have any problems when charging their phone?

I charge my phone over night every night as I use it a lot throughout the day so the battery takes a bit of a hit.

However the last three mornings without fail, the battery life has instantly decreased from 100% to 98% literally the second I disconnect the charger. Does this happen to anybody else and does anybody have any idea why it happens?

It's nothing major, but it is a small annoyance.

Mine is almost 16 months into service.. starting to slow down but a hard reset fixes that. Yesterday had issues with my battery life but that soon fixed it self and today it froze a little. Guess I need to tidy it up. Like most computers it can get worn down and messed up with time.

Considering my upgrade possibities.. hassle free I could upgrade to 3gs in a months time, trade in my 3g and get the 179 back i need for the upgrade. I might try the moan at o2 route and see what they'll give me. Or I could wait to see if a new one is released :S

I'm on the iPhone 3G 35 quid a month contract where I get 500 texts and 600 minutes (previously 45 quid tariff, I took it down) My contract expired yesterday and although the 3GS has a couple of extra features, I'm sticking with the 3G and deciding not to upgrade - I don't fancy another 18 month contract.

So I've moved onto a rolling 30 day contract (can cancel anytime with 30 days notice) unlimited texts - which is great because I'd use 500 before the end of the month previously and so stop texting anyone, 600 minutes, unlimited data - 25 quid a month.

Perfect.

Good idea, I think they have a "simplicity" deal.. also all the iphone tariffs now come with unlimited texts, I think that includes the simplicity deal. I wonder if that will affect my upgrade options when I come to upgrade to the new new new iphone which may or may not come out in may/june...

Or I could wait to see if a new one is released :S

this would be the new 4G phone which is nothing to do with the "G" as in 3G

so i'm assuming it will be called an Iphone 4G-3G :confused:

Â