General Krulak (part 3) - Questions

BOF

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello General

I paid my first visit to the Holte pub since it has been renovated today. I would like to let you know how pleased with it I was. The staff including that on the door were freindly and efficient, the atmosphere was lovely, the sort of thing I would be happy to bring the family to, which is some way distant from what is traditional outside a British football club. I've not forgotten all the good things that have been done to this club in the community since Randy has taken over, but it was nice to really experience a part of it first hand. To have the bar manager come over as he did not recognise us (my father and I), introduce himself and wish us a good experience there was a very pleasent surprise, and again feels so alien in a footballing environment, but in a good way. I have been coming to the Villa since the early eighties, so I remember what it is like to be treated as a cross between cattle and a prisoner as a football fan, so to be treated as a valued customer and to be welcomed is a world apart. For my father and I this sort of improvement is so welcome, long may it continue. I hope that you, Randy and the team are here for many years to come.

Hi General

Fantastic performance today which removed some of the gloom I'd felt at losing Martin.

Can you confirm however, that the Board will not be fooled (unlike some of the fans on here) - by 1 good show against a very poor side - into thinking that makes Kevin Mcdonald a suitable candidate to take us to the next level ? Apart from the opposition, it is so often the case that an internal promotion produces a few early good results.

A proper proven fella please General (my own preference would be do whatever it takes to get Hiddink, but we can all dream !)

With the right Man, and some investment, we are at a base where CL football is still a real possibility.

I too would like to heap praise on all today.

I don't think KM is the man for the job, and from his interview, I don't think he does either.

However, what today did show, is who-ever comes in, needs to know and respect the job KM is doing.

get a guy who is respected in coaching technique, for giving players a chance, for spotting a "unhidden gem", and let KM and Sid provide a steady flow of talented youngsters, and we could be well away.

Whatever happens in the future, the players need to know how much pride the fans felt today. they showed 110% commitment - not to themselves, not to a manager, or an owner - they showed commitment to AVFC and for that - I thank them.

Up the Villa

Paul

I was a huge MON fan, and I still respect him a lot for the job he did in the 4 years here. We have to remember how far he took us, from the days of signing Chris Sutton and Bodo Balde on free transfers to regular top 6 finishers. However, after todays performance it has become obvious things were getting stale. The same starting eleven, the same formation, the same substitutions on the same minute every game was making going to VP more of a chore than a pleasure. Today was my most enjoyable day at VP in a number of years bar the 6-4 win over Blackburn last season.

I don't know whether KM is the right man for the job, or someone else is (I will leave those decisions to you guys... that's what your title is for) but whoever it is, I just hope they can make the players play with the same dedication, motivation and positivity as all the players did today.

It was really good seeing the likes of L. Young and Reo getting some minutes today... even if we don't sign any players this summer, if the new manager uses the current squad better than MON it will feel as though we have signed a number of players.

UTV.

General, very pleased with todays performance but unfortunately I have a complaint

The exit gates at the North Stand end where the new scoreboard is were NOT open today at the end of the game.

Things got a bit heated between some supporters and the stewards, and in the end they opened the disabled exit so we could all get out.

I hope you can look into this and get the staff to make sure all exits are open at the end of the match, we don't want any accidents at Villa Park.

Cheers

Rob

General Krulak here:

5. Randy will be spending a considerable amount of time over the next few weeks focused on Villa...although he has been VERY focused on the Villa all summer.

Hi General.

can you explain further how Randy has been VERY focused on the Villa all summer?

It would be nice to know the kind of things Randy is busy with regarding the club.

Thanks,

Mark

Hi Gen.

Long time reader of your post but never asked you nothing before. However; this is away from the manager role, I was wondering if you can tell us about our deal with Nike. I live in London and just seeing the amount of gear Man Utd, Arsenal or even Celtic have seem to be on a different level to ours. Also we don't seem to be on Nikes website no more or even in London's Nike town store (I did ask a staff member and they don't seem too sure when or if Villa gear will be sold there again, and when i say gear its just the shirts there never training gear).

Just thought I'd ask :D

General, have you and Randy watched our reserve team football? If you have then you will have been both entertained and impressed by the cohesive quality of a Kevin MacDonald team. Today was an extension of his kind of football, with talented players believing in the system. It would be a very brave decision to appoint KM as Villa manager, but if Randy does, I will look forward to the entertaining football that will be the new "Villa style."

General,

with the comments Randy has apparently made to the Mail on Sunday is it now the case that we should never deal with City again?

1. they are our rivals and selling to them strengthens them and weakens us, even if it is only short term.

2. they have messed us around twice now, and ruined our transfer window opportunities and have unsettled the club

I am getting pretty narked about the whole situation now, and have no doubt that one of our youngsters or Young or Gabby will have a great season and low and behold next summer city come back to us with

It doesn't make business sense just to cash in on our best players all the time. Yes it's great to have an opportunity to get money for James but he is one of our best assets, as was Barry last year.

I am getting to the point i'd rather sell James to United for £5m less than sell them to city.

I now hate them beyond rage and hope that the club openly says to city 'this is the last player you are going to get off us, we don't care if you offer us all 12 Emirates, 10 Veyrons and 1000 virgins, we are not selling to you because you've messed us around...YET AGAIN!'

Do you think this stance is something Randy or the board are feeling towards city? a sense of annoyance at how City have done business with us twice, and not respected us.

Hello General

Very disturbed to read in the Mail on Sunday of Randy making refernce to Tony Barton as an example of a succesful promotion from within.

TB inherited a hard working side built up by an uncompromising difficult character, Ron Saunders, who often played the same 11 men over and again, who left the Club because of problems with the Board. It was Saunders who won us the European Cup. Had he stayed, and been fully supported by the Board, it could have been a Golden Age for the Villa - instead, the Board had its way, a terrific Manager left, and after the European Cup win (in fact the same season) the Club wwent downhill.

Can you confirm Randy is as aware of all this, just as much as he is aware of a quick win by a temporary Manager ?

We need a top quality Manager and proper, significant, Investment now more than at any other time in our History, to build on what Martin acheived (already underrated by too many) and give the Club a final big push into CL territory, or we are in grave danger of allowing history to repeat itself.