PL: West Ham h Match Thread 2010/01/17 13:30

limpid

I think if MON is going to talk up the squad, then he needs to understand what it is and use it. Oh how we have missed the energetic duo of Delph and NRC in this game.

West Ham have well and truly parked the bus, and with a 5 man midfield they are outnumbering us. I'd have Delph on for Heskey.

Not sure about the Luke Young decision either. Now we know Collins is a teachers pet alongside Petrov Heskey Gabby and co.

Milner has done nothing, likewise Stan and Downing- whose passing is a bit off.

Oh and Luke Young on for Cuellar FFS!

Totally disagree Carlos is having a great game, offering support and his passing has been decent for a change.

Gutted today, 1st game I've missed to a crappy bug, saying that not the most exciting one.

A goal will come soon, just depends which way as it'd be typical of us to concede.

We are definitely missing some energy in the middle, Delph on for Petrov wouldn't be a bad change they aren't really offering much in attack - cept on the counter. He will add some energy and might be able to pick out that final pass.

Very slow start with too many misplaced passes.

An improvement during the last twenty but often the final ball is a bit of a let down.

I hope we push on from where we ended the first half but I have a nagging feeling that it might be one of those games where it doesn't quite happen. I hope not.

Is it just me or are we always a bit hit and miss at home until we get the first goal?

cant speak for you, but villa are always hit and miss until we get the first goal no matter where we are playing it seems!

That is what generally happens before a team scores :winkold:

Dominating play but not breaking thew down at all. Everything is going out wide and just isn't working. Not sure why Cueller is RB over Young; another MON decision I don't understand. But when he comes up and scores the winner from a corner I'll be quiet.

We need to bring Heskey more into the game. Play it to his feet and let him bring the midfield into play. Not sure what Petrov had for breakfast but he doesn't need to eat it again. He has been redundant in this game so far.