PL: West Ham h Match Thread 2010/01/17 13:30

limpid

the standard of crossing is holding us back here. we have had the ball in loads of good positions, lots or corners and several free kicks around the box. yet we haven't had 1 decent ball in yet

our best chance came from gabby making something out of nothing- it was a rubbish looping ball in by downing but gabby fashioned the chance.

if we can get a decent ball in- ie not at green then we will score- heskey and gabby are both getting infront of their markers

BBC Radio 5 live's Robbie Savage: "Aston Villa's most potent attacking threat has been Stephen Warnock so far. With all their pace and power up front, Warnock on the overlap down the left has been their best chance of creating something."

BBC Radio 5 live's Robbie Savage: "We are in the 15th minute, and the Villa front four have had absolutely no impact on this game whatsoever. Two of them probably haven't even had a touch yet."

I don't see why the BBC would pick someone like Savage to commentate on a Villa match - he hates our club (and vice versa) and will never say anything positive about us.

West Ham are there for the taking but its like we can't be bothered at times. It's almost like playing with one forward but four in midfield when Heskey plays because he neither contributes to the build up of Downing Milner and Young or trying to get on the end of something like Gabby. Maybe that is too harsh though, but we really need some good finishing here.

BBC Radio 5 live's Robbie Savage: "Aston Villa's most potent attacking threat has been Stephen Warnock so far. With all their pace and power up front, Warnock on the overlap down the left has been their best chance of creating something."

BBC Radio 5 live's Robbie Savage: "We are in the 15th minute, and the Villa front four have had absolutely no impact on this game whatsoever. Two of them probably haven't even had a touch yet."

I don't see why the BBC would pick someone like Savage to commentate on a Villa match - he hates our club (and vice versa) and will never say anything positive about us.

But he's right though :?

We need to run at the fullbacks more in my opinion. I can't think of too many of the crosses that have connected. It's worht trying to beat the full back and cutting back inside to play a simpler ball when they just camp in their own half.

Boring game so far...