PL: West Ham h Match Thread 2010/01/17 13:30

limpid

We should attack down the right more, Spector is poor in my opinion and should struggle against our wingers. I also agree that we need Luke Young on for more attacking threat. The way we play now is very predictable, and we need a new striker for some more creativity upfront.

Come on Villa!!!!

Getting bossed in midfield again.

60% possession to West Ham's 40%, 8 corners to their 1, and 7 shots to their 3, suggests our problem - if we actually have one - is not in midfield. If you think we're being bossed in midfield, I think we are watching different games.

Oh and Luke Young on for Cuellar FFS!
Cuellar has been monstrously good this half so I wouldn't recommend that.

:? Yeah okay he's put in a couple decent tackles and he can make a simple pass but we need someone to what Warnock is doing on one-side and that's overlapping, testing West Ham!

He has been overlapping & putting in a few decent crosses. I'm not actually sure that is Young's strength.

Getting bossed in midfield again.

60% possession to West Ham's 40%, 8 corners to their 1, and 7 shots to their 3, suggests our problem - if we actually have one - is not in midfield. If you think we're being bossed in midfield, I think we are watching different games.

We're not being bossed but they have a 3 man midfield, which means we are struggling to break them down