PL: Wigan a Match Thread 2009/03/16 19:45

limpid

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hopefully we can start putting away some of these chances 2nd half.

i like how we are mixing it up a bit more today. weve tried the usual long ball and get it wide and cross it, but we are also passing it about a bit better. milner, ash, downing have all been interchanging, carew and gabby are taking it in turns to drop short or come out wide. keeps the opposition guessing.

Good half of football that, but we need to be more clinical. We seem to scuff so many passes and shots that I sometimes wonder about the technique of a lot of our players.

Not sure what Downing, Dunne and Warnock are all doing, each of them has made more than a couple of bad decisions and fluffed passes. I really wish Downing would realise he has another foot too.

Overall good performace though, we need to make sure we take advantage of all the gaps in their around.

Guest Ricardomeister

We have played reasonably well, albeit against a very poor Wigan but we need to put the ball in the net as only a clanger from McCarthy has stopped us going in 1 down. If we cannot beat such a poor team then realistically I think we can start to forget about top 4.

Wigan looked bright going forwards especially early on, you could see that they were carrying the confidence of their victory against Liverpool.

We saw that out though and started to dominate.

I thought Carew should have scored, we should have had a penalty for the push on Gabby and Young might have done better with the volley he had, but I don't think we've been guilty of a series of misses and I think Kirkland has done well on a few occasions.

Can't remember the last time we played this much football; it's very encouraging.

We have played reasonably well, albeit against a very poor Wigan but we need to put the ball in the net as only a clanger from McCarthy has stopped us going in 1 down. If we cannot beat such a poor team then realistically I think we can start to forget about top 4.

Or top 6.

Really pleased with the first half. If we can match that in the second we should be easy on. Carew offering some sort of presence up front has made all the difference for me, he's been excellent. Ash and Jimmy have been all over the place, Warnock has looked good going forward. Dissapointed at the manner of their goal though. Would expect defenders of the quality of Collins and Dunne to deal better with that, but you can't have it all.

Guest Ricardomeister

Or top 6.

Yes, true.

Am I the only one noticing our defence being sloppy???! To me...sometimes Cuellar just doesnt look like a proper footballer...Luke Young offers Much more! On the other hand Carew and Gabby offer so much more threat than Heskey. We need to stop giving the ball away cheaply....and....it seems like a shit atmosphere.