The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

4 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

What he did to Walters was something extraordinary. Never have I before, seen a fighter just sit on his stool and virtually say, " This is a fecking exercise in futility." I thought Gary Russell was really something special until he fought Lomo. That was an absolute masterclass in how to nullify "Speed." It's just a shame he had to go up in a weight class he just never had the body for.

Let's not forget, he was robbed blindly in that first World title fight. 

Agree with everything you've said. Everyone said Russell would be too fast, Walters too powerful and not forgetting 'No Mas' Rigondeaux too who also quit on his stool after being completely out boxed. Rigondeaux probably regarded as one of the best Junior Lightweights ever at the time. 4 fights in a row whereby fighters just couldn't live with him. He was just levels above everyone during that period. As for the weight classes, like you said, he just has never had the size for the bigger lightweights, but if he had he'd have eaten them all up for breakfast imo.

Quite right too mentioning the first world title fight against Salido when he was continually hit with low blows throughout the fight and then robbed on the scorecards. 

There aren't many fighters I regret not seeing live or trying to see live during my adulthood but Loma will definitely be one that I should have unless he ends up back in the UK. Just a top level artist at his craft. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Embarrassing dad award:

What a disgrace of an old man. Headbutts someone and ends up splitting his own head open 😂.

Cannot stand the bloke.  

2 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

What a disgrace of an old man. Headbutts someone and ends up splitting his own head open 😂.

Cannot stand the bloke.  

I bet he’s great fun at family events

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

He really did pick on the smallest lad in the Usyk camp and still come off worse 😂

1.15 ‘leave it out John’ 🤣🤣🤣

Posted (edited)

It would be funny if the victim here reports him to the local police and John Fury gets locked up in a Saudi jail.

Edited by Genie

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Genie said:

It would be funny if the victim here reports him to the local police and John Fury gets locked up in a Saudi jail.

It's a shame that the 'normal' laws don't seem to apply in Saudi when the big international events, (boxing, F1, WWE etc) are being staged.

John Fury is arguably the biggest c*** in boxing. Up there with the likes of Conor Benn, Ryan Garcia, Jarrel Miller, Gervonta Davis and even his own son.

Edit: Forgot to add Josh Taylor to my list of the biggest c**** in boxing.

Edited by Avfc96
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Avfc96 said:

It's a shame that the 'normal' laws don't seem to apply in Saudi when the big international events, (boxing, F1, WWE etc) are being staged.

John Fury is arguably the biggest c*** in boxing. Up there with the likes of Conor Benn, Ryan Garcia, Jarrel Miller, Gervonta Davis and even his own son.

Yeah, he can headbutt someone half his size minding his own business on camera to sell some PPV’s and there is no punishment at all.

50 minutes ago, Genie said:

Yeah, he can headbutt someone half his size minding his own business on camera to sell some PPV’s and there is no punishment at all.

Yeah to be fair it's worked, I'm slightly more excited to watch it on my little river than I was before! 

4 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

Agree with everything you've said. Everyone said Russell would be too fast, Walters too powerful and not forgetting 'No Mas' Rigondeaux too who also quit on his stool after being completely out boxed. Rigondeaux probably regarded as one of the best Junior Lightweights ever at the time. 4 fights in a row whereby fighters just couldn't live with him. He was just levels above everyone during that period. As for the weight classes, like you said, he just has never had the size for the bigger lightweights, but if he had he'd have eaten them all up for breakfast imo.

Quite right too mentioning the first world title fight against Salido when he was continually hit with low blows throughout the fight and then robbed on the scorecards. 

There aren't many fighters I regret not seeing live or trying to see live during my adulthood but Loma will definitely be one that I should have unless he ends up back in the UK. Just a top level artist at his craft. 

I forgot about the Cuban. Put a stain on a stellar career by looking for a pretext from the opening bell.

That John Fury thing - I dunno who's ever dropped a head or received one, I'm very sceptical, no bruising, your forehead doesn't split like that from a nut. I'm guessing he's cut himself there, none of it makes sense.

It seems to be being reported as “John Fury got into a heated altercation with someone from the Usyk camp” but in fact he just randomly nutted a small lad purely for media coverage to make his millionaire son a bit more money.

Â