The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

audley has a brutal left hand.

No he doesn't. Haye is the bigger puncher.

He does. Whether Haye has a bigger punch or not (and fwiw, I think Haye is a brutal puncher) doesnt affect the fact that Audley has the power to drop Haye if he connects with a clean left hander.

I cant see it happening. I think Haye is a much better fighter than Audley. He is simply too quick, I dont think Haye will get hit with anything significant and I think he will come out of the blocks quickly and attempt the early knockout. He knows if he hurts Audley early then Audley might give up. For all his physical gifts, Audley lacks the mental strength to be at the top in boxing. He does, however, have a punchers chance of winning.

Nailed it there Rev totally agree.

audley has a brutal left hand.

No he doesn't. Haye is the bigger puncher.

He does. Whether Haye has a bigger punch or not (and fwiw, I think Haye is a brutal puncher) doesnt affect the fact that Audley has the power to drop Haye if he connects with a clean left hander.

I cant see it happening. I think Haye is a much better fighter than Audley. He is simply too quick, I dont think Haye will get hit with anything significant and I think he will come out of the blocks quickly and attempt the early knockout. He knows if he hurts Audley early then Audley might give up. For all his physical gifts, Audley lacks the mental strength to be at the top in boxing. He does, however, have a punchers chance of winning.

I disagree. Audley does have the power to drop Haye but I think that is more to do with Haye's chin/balance than Audley. It doesn't mean Audley has a brutal left hand.

Spot on with your second point. To win this fight, Audley Harrison needs to not be Audley Harrison.

Manny Pacquiao 144.6, Antonio Margarito 150

Like most people I can only see one outcome to thia, but I get this strange feeling whenever everyone backs one fighter, makes me think we must all be missing something. If Harrison does connect he has the power to KO Haye but I cant see it happening, im with the crowd on this one, just makes me feel nervous. Does anyone fancy genuinely seriously fancy Harrison?

Â