The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

Why is Haye even bothering.

£££

It's going to get a ton of PPV buys even though everyone knows the result is a foregone conclusion. There's more money in this fight than anyone else he could be put up against.

I'm not sure Haye's chin is that questionable. He got off the floor to beat Mormeck, so he has resilience when he gets hit by a good fighter. It's just how low he carries his guard, you could argue he doesnt even bother with a guard half the time. Audley has a huge left hand and he certainly has the power to flatten Haye with it should it connect.

I just cant see past Haye's speed advantage though. He is too quick and he is a hell of a puncher, see how he took apart the iron chinned Ruiz last time out. Sprott was dominating Harrison before the twelfth round of their fight and Haye is a much better fighter than Michael Sprott. I feel that Haye could KO Audley within two or three rounds.

The build up to this fight has seen me warm to Audley for some reason though. I cant put my finger on as to why other than he is a massive underdog, but he has carried himself very well in the face of all of Haye's shit talking. I just dont think Audley is in the same league as Haye when it comes to fighting. He has a punchers chance, but that's about it.

I watched the Mormeck fight live and I think Haye actually slipped and got caught with a shot at the same time, he went down but never looked hurt, it was more a flash knockdown than anything. The other knockdown against that former 168lb guy was far more worrying than the Mormeck one but that wasn't a 'chin' issue it was a temple shot.

Sure Harrison could KO Haye if he connects squarely, but the chances of that are minimal Harrison could KO anyone if he came out banging but he doesn't, and there's a reason for that. His own chin is far worse than Haye's is that reason....

Haye inside 3, and if I were a betting man I'd bet on the first. Haye almost had Ruiz out in the first and Ruiz is a far, far better fighter than Harrison, and actually knows how to defend himself, and has a great chin.

I can't even begin to warm to Harrison personally, he's a con artist. Hopefully this upcoming fight will turn out the lights on his mediocre career. I still think Haye is an idiot for taking the fight but I'll watch it on a stream I suppose, I'm sure as shit not paying for it.

**** HAYE vs HARRISON. **** it. I really hope none of you have bought into the sky hype machine and are going to pay for it.

November 20th

Prizefighter Super Featherweights (Choi, Skykes, Matthews, Lawton, Bell, McArthur, Buckland)

Sergio Martinez vs Paul Williams (WBC/RING Middleweight)

November 27th

Carl Froch vs Arthur Abraham (WBC Super Middleweight, Super Six Group Stage 3)

Robert Helenius vs Attila Levin (12x3 Heavyweight)

Andre Ward vs Sakio Bika (WBA Super Middleweight)

Juan Manuel Marquez vs Michael Katsidis (WBO/WBA/RING Lightweight)

Andre Berto vs Freddy Hernandez (WBC Welterweight)

Celestino Caballero vs Jason Litzau (10x3 Super Featherweight)

Nate Campbell vs Walter Estrada (8x3 Lightweight)

December 1st

Chris John vs Fernando Saucedo (WBA Featherweight)

December 4th

Ricky Burns vs Andreas Evanson (WBO Super Featherweight)

Liam Walsh vs Paul Appleby (Commonwealth Super Featherweight)

Willie Limmond vs Peter McDonough (Celtic Lightweight)

Alex Arthur vs TBA (8x3 Lightweight)

Saul Alvarez vs Lovemore N'Dou (12x3 Welterweight)

Julio Cesar Chavez Jr vs Alfonso Gomez (12x3 Light Middleweight)

Nonito Donaire vs Wladimir Sidorenko (12x3 Bantamweight)

Humberto Soto vs Urbano Antillon (WBC Lightweight)

Vanes Martirosyan vs Erislandy Lara (10x3 Light Middleweight)

December 11th

Wladamir Klitscko vs Derek Chisora (WBO/IBF/RING Heavyweight)

Nathan Cleverly vs Alejandro Lakatos (12x3 Light Heavyweight)

Paul Smith vs James DeGale (British Super Middleweight)

Matthew Macklin vs Ruben Varon (European Middleweight)

Tony Bellew vs TBA (Commonwealth Light Heavyweight)

Frankie Gavin vs Dean Harrison (10x3 Light Welterweight)

Kell Brook vs TBA (12x3 Welterweight)

Vic Darchinyan vs Abner Mares (12x3 Bantamweight, Super 4 Semi Final)

Yonnhy Perez vs Joseph Agbeko (IBF Bantamweight, Super 4 Semi Final)

Amir Khan vs Marcos Maidana (WBA Light Welterweight)

Victor Ortiz vs Lamont Peterson (12x3 Light Welterweight)

James Kirkland vs Delray Raines (8x3 Middleweight)

December 15th

Martin Lindsay vs John Simpson (British Featherweight)

December 17th

Tavoris Cloud vs Fulgencio Zuniga (IBF Light Heavyweight)

Ray Austin vs Olandier Solis (WBC Heavyweight eliminator)

December 18th

Marco Huck vs Dennis Lebedev (WBO Cruiserweight)

Jean Pascal vs Bernard Hopkins (WBC/RING Light Heavyweight)

That's what I'm talking about!

I hope that small heath turd Gavin gets battered

Well if he keeps on winning then eventually he'll have to fight Khan I suspect. Now that's a win/win scenario....hopefully a double KO with cabbaging consequences for both the words removed.

Love it :-)

At the rate things are going, it will be one of the Klitschkos' as yet unborn children. Even then I'm sure that the Klitsch camp will insist on a clause that should Haye win then his son has to fight Klitschko's son, and should his son win then his grandchild has to, well, you get the idea...

audley has a brutal left hand.

No he doesn't. Haye is the bigger puncher.

I would agree with this

(Btw like the avatar - "Lucius Sweet" in the Simpsons isnt it?)

I would agree with this

Yeah it is mate... good knowledge!

One of my favourite episodes... has an immortal quote in it..

Dredrick Tatum: "I like Homer, he's a nice guy, but I'll make orphans of his kids.

Promoter: Uhhh champ, he has a wife.

Tatum: I would imagine she would die of grief.

I would agree with this

Yeah it is mate... good knowledge!

One of my favourite episodes... has an immortal quote in it..

Dredrick Tatum: "I like Homer, he's a nice guy, but I'll make orphans of his kids.

Promoter: Uhhh champ, he has a wife.

Tatum: I would imagine she would die of grief.

:crylaugh:

He does. Whether Haye has a bigger punch or not (and fwiw, I think Haye is a brutal puncher) doesnt affect the fact that Audley has the power to drop Haye if he connects with a clean left hander.

I cant see it happening. I think Haye is a much better fighter than Audley. He is simply too quick, I dont think Haye will get hit with anything significant and I think he will come out of the blocks quickly and attempt the early knockout. He knows if he hurts Audley early then Audley might give up. For all his physical gifts, Audley lacks the mental strength to be at the top in boxing. He does, however, have a punchers chance of winning.

Â