The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

Not sure how Tommy has got that win. KSI's ego would've gone into overdrive, he already thinks he's a genuinely good boxer so I'll take that result. The star jumps into random right overhands and constant clinches probably didn't do him any favours. 

Both main events were just a shambles though.

• Like 1

That was utterly pathetic. 

No way it wasn't rigged to go to the scorecard because if you went into a ring, in a real fight, and did what KSI did in the 1st round, you'd be on a ventalation machine right now wandering where you're teeth had gone. 

Fury caught him a couple of times and never followed it up, he seemed to be dropping his shots just as they were about to connect, the whole thing was a farce. 

• Like 1

What KSI was doing was bizarre from the start. He was sending his punches from the opposite side of the ring via second class post and Tommy still failed to capitalise on it.

The grabbing as embarrassing. If KSI was upset about the result then he should have fought more, just a thought.

DAZN reputation will take a beating for hyping up this shit and not calling out the farcical scenes like at the end of the Paul fight.

• Like 1

I'd imagine for Fury, who is a real boxer fighting a youtuber is more difficult in some cases than a real boxer, as they are so unpredictable. KSI just hugged him for the majority of the fight. When he wasn't hugging  he was dling starjumps. Can't properly box against a performing clown but Tommy's punches weren't very accurate. Tommy won that easily, but only bdcause KSI didn't actually 'do' anythng.

10 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

I'd imagine for Fury, who is a real boxer fighting a youtuber is more difficult in some cases than a real boxer, as they are so unpredictable. KSI just hugged him for the majority of the fight. When he wasn't hugging  he was dling starjumps. Can't properly box against a performing clown but Tommy's punches weren't very accurate. Tommy won that easily, but only bdcause KSI didn't actually 'do' anythng.

I dunno, I would have thought a pro boxer winning easy against a You Tuber would have ended in a knockout.

Not sure why there wasn't 8 rounds either, there was in Fury vs Paul, an KSI was supposed to be the better boxer.

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I dunno, I would have thought a pro boxer winning easy against a You Tuber would have ended in a knockout.

Not sure why there wasn't 8 rounds either, there was in Fury vs Paul, an KSI was supposed to be the better boxer.

Yeh i get that, i'm not sure though.

I used to play poker at uni with some mates, wasn't a brilliant player but i understood how to play etc.

We occasionally had a mate join us that had no idea what he was doing. He kept going all in after every hand. After a few weeks of playing, started to become really hard to read him, so was difficult to play against. I suppose i'd compare it to that.

The whole influencer boxing is embarrassing and needs shitting down though

• Like 1

I fecking hate international weekends. Tbh, I didn't watch a single minute of the England game, why couldn't Big Nosr just piss off after that debacle against France at the WC? It's highly likely that the Euros wiil produce a similar scenario, where we'll miss a penalty or a last minute own goal. All that talent, hold on, I've just realised this is a boxing thread. That speaks for itself, doesn't it?

I caught the end of the Logan fight just as the dude tried to wrassle him the the floor and he tried (and failed) to punch him while he was down, then 600 security fellas jumped into the ring and it didn't look staged at all, no sir, not one bit.

Then the Logan dude called out Rey fooking Mysterio 😆

Then the youtuber dude KSI came out in a snot coloured supercar for some reason 🤷‍♂️

Watched the first round of the bizarre star jump punch clinch thing and switched it off.

I know people say that you can't compare what went on with last night to actual boxing but that is how they try and market it and the fact that these frauds are making more money than genuine fighters who have grinded their whole life is just sad, fancy boxing since you were 8 years old and getting to have your first fight in York Hall for a couple of hundred quid, hoping that someone is going to spot you, only to realise that all the promotors are at home watching the youtubers instead.

• Like 2

Â