The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

2 hours ago, tinker said:

Woods is spent,.no defense or any decent offense. Why is he walking forward,.needs to back up and give himself some space. Woods left eye looks ready to cut as well. 

In fairness, no other sport can do that to you. It was looking like Warrington's night, but Woods proved against Conlan that he's made of the finest timber. He would give any featherweight a decent fight, maybe he should move up and look for a decent money fight with Gervonta Davis, I don't think he would win but he would certainly make it interesting. I don't even think he would beat Cordina and that's another one to get the crowd in.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Neither did Warrington. 

Warrington didn't go down quick enough,  stopped on his feet after the first shot clipped his chin. If he had gone down at that point he may have survived the count, he tried to hold though and took 2 more shots that he was never going to recover from. Good fight though. 👏 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tinker said:

Warrington didn't go down quick enough,  stopped on his feet after the first shot clipped his chin. If he had gone down at that point he may have survived the count, he tried to hold though and took 2 more shots that he was never going to recover from. Good fight though. 👏 

I don't suppose it's easy to think so clearly when you're in such a moment. 

• Like 1

On 07/10/2023 at 22:54, tinker said:

Woods is spent,.no defense or any decent offense. Why is he walking forward,.needs to back up and give himself some space. Woods left eye looks ready to cut as well. 

On 08/10/2023 at 01:47, sheepyvillian said:

In fairness, no other sport can do that to you. It was looking like Warrington's night, but Woods proved against Conlan that he's made of the finest timber. He would give any featherweight a decent fight, maybe he should move up and look for a decent money fight with Gervonta Davis, I don't think he would win but he would certainly make it interesting. I don't even think he would beat Cordina and that's another one to get the crowd in.

20 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Great fight Warrington and Woods, Warrington seemed to have loads left until the knockout. Think the ref needed to be the other side of Warrington though for the knockout, nearly went a bit too far.

Nope-smh GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha 1

Great news for him, great news for Crawford and hopefully good news for Eubank Jr too. 

Reading on the BBC it looks like his defence was a simple Oopsie! Licensed to carry in the US flying from place to place and forgot it was in his luggage. 

I'm pretty sure he'll be more careful in future!

• Like 1

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

Great news for him, great news for Crawford and hopefully good news for Eubank Jr too. 

Reading on the BBC it looks like his defence was a simple Oopsie! Licensed to carry in the US flying from place to place and forgot it was in his luggage. 

I'm pretty sure he'll be more careful in future!

I always thought you couldn't carry a firearm in the USA if you had a criminal record, strange. 

37 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

So happy for Bo Mac, been given a suspended sentence due to exceptional circumstances. Nice to see British justice bringing a bit of common sense to the table. I'm betting he's lost a couple of pounds or two. 

Very very lucky in my opinion

14 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Very very lucky in my opinion

That's the thing though, we have rules and regulations, but without the added ingredient of common sense, they just become oppressive apparatus like something from a Kafka novel. It was an honest mistake, silly and dangerous, but nonetheless, honest and the Judge was persuaded that there was no need for him to be incarcerated any longer. I think it's safe to say, it's a mistake he will never make again.

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Ksi vs tommy fury saturday

Cant wiat for that 🙄

Shows what a bum fury is ahving to fight influencers as hw cant fight proper boxers

Boxing/WWE crossover continues. Pure pantomime.

• Like 1

Â