• Downing
    • A Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey
    • Carew (for Heskey 63)
    • Delph (for L Young 76)

Wasn't a bad performance from us - just that Arsenal had too much, way too much when Fabregas came on. Had one of our first-half chances sneaked in it would have been a very different game. Second half we were chasing them around and got knackered.

I agree with lots on here that Dunne, Cuellar and Warnock were v good. Ash Young was unlucky to be booked (and misses the Liverpool game) but he has a reputation for diving now, and that comes with the territory. WTF was Delph doing getting booked again? Everytime he plays he gets booked! And of course Song should have been sent off, but all in all the reffing was OK or at least I don't think it decided the match.

No shame in losing to a very fine Arsenal team who may well win the league. Let's not over-react to this defeat. We lost 3-0 because we were chasing the game rather than accepting a 1-0 defeat. We were chasing the game because there is more confidence in the team now that we can get something. That's got to be good. Yes, we got punished for it today but I prefer that we have a go. Now let's give the scousers a caning!

Ponky = Bang on with your summary.

Villa84 = Do you actually watch games or just look at the odd result?

A decent ref today and we could have been playing 10 men for most if not all of the 2nd half! How many bookable fouls did Song do today? i lost count and then he books him for diving!!

erm no i dont watch the game and didn't see us barely touch the ball today bar 8 minutes....

Well im glad everyone is positive...ill see you soon when we have lost to Liverpool, iv already put £40 down on it.

Didn't think our movement was good at all today on the few occasions when we did get decent posession. Even before the goal, our players would make forward runs too soon, which often left the guy in possession without a decent option and no close easy ball. It's all very well trying to strewtch the game a little, but we have to have a bit more sense and intelligence and not just dash forward in the hope that the player on the ball will find the right pass. Poor in midfield - but I was thinking only this morning that Arsenal could win the title. We'll have other bad days for sure, but we'll also have some good ones.

Nexty game to be a boring draw - O'Neill always tries to make sure we don't lose two in a row.

Actually, in the first-half Downing and Milner had a good piece of play, good movement and passing by both of them - Downing turning away from the Arsenal goal, drawing the full-back with him, and then slipping in Milner in the space behind. Jimmy was quick-witted enough to make a run into that space in the first place.

Movement is good. But we hoofed it too much.

Villa were pretty poor in most area's, our defense stoodf up to major pressure for the majority of the game but the pressure got too much in the end.

Thats how it looked to me, seemed the score line had flattered us really could have been a lot worse.

A decent ref today and we could have been playing 10 men for most if not all of the 2nd half! How many bookable fouls did Song do today? i lost count and then he books him for diving!!

erm no i dont watch the game and didn't see us barely touch the ball today bar 8 minutes....

Well im glad everyone is positive...ill see you soon when we have lost to Liverpool, iv already put £40 down on it.

What odds did you get? I'd have happily taken that from you.

Ref was a complete homer. A total word removed.

Saying that. Got what we deserved. Nothing. We looked knackered. No protection for the back line. Nothing going forward really. Wenger got his tactics spot on. Stop us hitting on the break by doing just that against us. No shame in losing to the best footballing team in the Prem, and one of the best in europe.

Crucial now how we bounce back.

Gutted today....our lack of keeping the ball was one of the things that killed us today against a very good passing side. Defense was very good...even though the scoreline might not suggest it. I too am glad Ashley is out for a little bit...he needs a kick up the backside.

You could tell we got really tired towards the end...hence the unforced errors from Milner etc.

Does anyone realise that it wouldn't hurt us to try and do sometthing in January? Now is the time us and the players really need the boost. We need that class player who can inspire the whole team and rape teams the way Arsenal did us today. I hope to God this doesn't knock the players back too much and start our decline. Let's take the game to Liverpool...and try to play to our full potential.

I don't know if i would even be to scared to see albrighton come in for Ashley...if not that...then it'll have to be 4-5-1.

Richard Dunne is a monster!!!

Some people are an absolute joke. It's one game. If someone had said to me at the start of the season we'd be 4th at Christmas and had beat United, Chelsea and Liverpool I'd of bit their hand off. We've got a Semi Final to look forward to and if we beat Liverpool on Tuesday (not saying we will) then it will look rosy again.

We weren't great I admit but on their day Arsenal are on another world to us. Hope you lose every penny you miserable tit.

Didn't think our movement was good at all today on the few occasions when we did get decent posession. Even before the goal, our players would make forward runs too soon, which often left the guy in possession without a decent option and no close easy ball. It's all very well trying to strewtch the game a little, but we have to have a bit more sense and intelligence and not just dash forward in the hope that the player on the ball will find the right pass. Poor in midfield - but I was thinking only this morning that Arsenal could win the title. We'll have other bad days for sure, but we'll also have some good ones.

Nexty game to be a boring draw - O'Neill always tries to make sure we don't lose two in a row.

Actually, in the first-half Downing and Milner had a good piece of play, good movement and passing by both of them - Downing turning away from the Arsenal goal, drawing the full-back with him, and then slipping in Milner in the space behind. Jimmy was quick-witted enough to make a run into that space in the first place.

Movement is good. But we hoofed it too much.

Sorry, should have qualified that with "in the second half". That was an excellent bit of play with Downing and Milner in the first half and I was quite optimistic at that stage. In the second half, we tried to stretch the game too quickly which meant we didn't build coherent attacks. It wasn't all hoofing. Our counter attacking was nowhere near as potent as it usually is.