• Downing
    • A Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey
    • Carew (for Heskey 63)
    • Delph (for L Young 76)

Dreadful performance, MON was clowned tactically.

Here we go again...

I personally said 4-5-1 might be a better option, who knows if it actually would of?

However we played the same team which beat United, Sunderland, Hull, Stoke. He had everyright to play the same team and you can't disagree with that.

:lol: at refs fault we lost.

Refs fault for us not keeping the ball, not passing well and hoofing it long?

O...k

Not many at all are saying it is the refs fault we lost, just that he was piss poor.

The only problem with the ref from me was I think Song should have gone for the amount of bad fouls he did.

At the end of the day 1st half we were fine, 2nd half we just didn't have any belief and got run over, let's not forget Arsenal have averaged 3 goals at home this season.

At least we have got the chance to put it right quickly.

Thought Arsenal outplayed us as they do so often, we created no chances.

Wrong. In the first-half Downing and Milner combined for a beautiful piece of play, Downing slipped in the advancing Milner after drawing the full-back out and Milner set up Agbonlahor for the shot, only for Gabby to take too long to sort out his feet, but even then the ball made its way to Ash, whose deflected shot curled out for a corner.

That begs the question then.

Why the **** didn't we play more of the same? Instead of our predictable LONG BALL SHITE OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

Also, midfield got overrun in the second-half when the opposition team sent on attacking midfielder in the second-half.

Hmmm. Stephen Ireland in the Man City game. Jermaine Jenas in the Spurs game.

Now Cesc Fabregas today.

What does MON do each time? Do nothing to shore up a midfield where our "Captain" is visibly spent.

Hooray for MON! :D

Gave the ball away too cheaply all day long. Cant afford to do that against anyone really, let alone at arsenal. Last season we played 5 in midfield and dominated them all over the park... completely different this year with 4-4-2.

Big Brad - 6

Luke - 6

Dunney - 8

Carlos - 7

Warnock - 8.5 MOTM

Petrov - 5

Ash- 4

Downing - 5

Milner - 4

Heskey - 7.5

Gabby-5

Dreadful performance, MON was clowned tactically.

Here we go again...

I personally said 4-5-1 might be a better option, who knows if it actually would of?

However we played the same team which beat United, Sunderland, Hull, Stoke. He had everyright to play the same team and you can't disagree with that.

You will be surprised. Totteralong has arguments with himself over PM

What I don't understand is when we were getting battered just before they scored, MON brings Carew on for Heskey. Our midfield was being over run and it was only time before they scored. It should have been NRC to mark Fabregas but hey we all have different opinions.

Very true, although what's done is done. MON has made more right decisions than wrong ones so far this season in my opinion. Everyone gets it wrong sometimes.

No, I agree MON as done a great job getting us to where we are. Just felt like the goal was coming and bringing Carew on would not stop that.

cant fault the effort today really, everybody ran around and attempted to get stuck in, but we just looked a yard slower than arsenal

it didnt help that every time we got the ball we tried stupid ambitious passes instead of keeping the ball, and as a result arsenal just kept the pressure on constantly, its no wonder we got tired so easily.

key moment was the fabregas sub. our midfield looked knackered at that point, arsenal were cutting through and wenger brought on fabregas to take advantage. MON did nothing, it was the perfect time for someone like NRC to shore it up in midfield and get some energy in there but he left it too late with the subs.

still 3 points against the scousers and all will be good. at least ash been banned will force MON into using his squad. he goes on about it but hasnt yet, and it showed as we looked dead on our feet today.

Nothing between us until Cesc arrived. We had more of the ball but you weren't overly pressured.

Until Capitan Fabulous came on.. :)

Do not despair. One result does not a bad team make. You's lot are still up there. No doubt.

But today is Le Arse day.

At least there's one Arsenal fan who isn't a total rocket polisher. :thumb:

Fair enough assessment

shite performence and did not creative enough, we really did not test almunia enough.

the next three games are massive in terms of where our season is going.

why the hell did we play with two upfront, he should of dropped heskey and packed the midfield.

well why didnt you say that BEFORE THE GAME????

actually the last three games were vitally important in terms of where our season is going, and upon reflection, although the next three will be important, the 16 after that may be fairly influential too.

calm down a bit, and accept the fact that whilst we didnt play to the best of our ability as a team, arsenal deserved to win. not many teams will win there this season, and having taken six points from anfield and old trafford already this season we cant go crucifying the team for having an off day.

Arsenal played well but not their best. They started the match with the clear tactic of "if you lose the ball, foul immediately to prevent the counter." Dowd didn't recognize it, or didn't care. Worse he was clearly not even handed in letting Song go 5 times and booking (was it?) 5 of us. The last card to Delph was especially pointless.

But the reason we lost was not their play, or the ref. It was us. We simply didn't perform in front of the back 4. We gave everything away and established no possession at all. Not always long ball, but still, not possession. A midfield like ours has to get a lot of touches on the ball to break an opponent down. We didn't do it. We can. We just didn't. I don't know if our own hype went to our heads or what. If that's the cause, I hope this match helps us realize we can't beat quality opposition just by showing up.

What I don't understand is when we were getting battered just before they scored, MON brings Carew on for Heskey. Our midfield was being over run and it was only time before they scored. It should have been NRC to mark Fabregas but hey we all have different opinions.

Very true, although what's done is done. MON has made more right decisions than wrong ones so far this season in my opinion. Everyone gets it wrong sometimes.

No, I agree MON as done a great job getting us to where we are. Just felt like the goal was coming and bringing Carew on would not stop that.

Agreed as NRC could have man-marked Fabregas. MON may well have gotten it wrong today. We just need to move on though and make sure we beat Liverpool. That has now become an even bigger game.