PL: Sunderland a Match Thread 2009/12/15 19:45

limpid

I'd call that one hell of a **** pass from Stan.

I'd call it a pass that if it had come from a 'name' player the Sky commentators would be creaming themselves over.

Absolutely, Al. :nod:

'For our older viewers', it was one of those Hoddle-style passes.

I always preferred Gordon Cowans

As did I, Rob.

I was just staying with the 'name' player theme (though I always liked Hoddle as a player, never as a person).

Hoddle annoyed me

Every time I saw him at Villa Park, our lot seemed to back off and admire him instead of getting stuck into the cockney poove

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How we playing? Given up trying to find a way of following us...

Geniunally, hook yourself upto Villa streams (type on google)

£10 for 3 months, I've seen the Hull, United and this game all on there, great quality picture, english commentary, it's turned off once so far this half, and all I did to get it back was hit refresh and 3 seconds later it's back up :)

This game does everything it says on the tin.

A bloody tough place to go, we will need a bit of luck along the way.

But half way through - in the lead, can't ask for any more than that.

The ball from Milner to Heskey was superb again. He is better than Barry ever was !.

Think we will need another, I think we will get another.

Lets just do the job, take the points and get to bed (well not me, I'm on nights !)

Well done lads, keep it up

£10 for 3 months, I've seen the Hull, United and this game all on there, great quality picture, english commentary, it's turned off once so far this half, and all I did to get it back was hit refresh and 3 seconds later it's back up :)

decent 1st half, need to score some more though because you get the feeling sunderland will get one. we are sitting off bent and jones on the long ball and noone in midfield is picking up their chest downs so they have space to turn.

i do like how petrov and jimmy are passing it in the midfield, though they are mixing it up with the quick ball over the top at times. good stuff and there were some lovely bits of one touch passing in the half. ash, downing and gabby seem quite quiet, so if we can get them in the game as well i think we can get some more goals- they look suspect at the back

The Spanish ESPN Veetle link on MYp2p is pretty good, even if the commentator did hilariously seem to say that Burnley play at "Thurston Moor"; the English one I had disappeared

We are defending very well again; they are playing quite well but not quite getting to the stage of fashioning very clear chances because of Dunne and Cuellar

We are passing the ball well on the ground

Was that Gabby tumble off the ball when Young crossed it a pen? I missed the replay

I've done the same because I'm fed up of fannying around looking for streams. It's not perfect but it tends to be better than any of the free p2p links about. £1.50 for a day.

The ball from Milner to Heskey was superb again. He is better than Barry ever was !.

I know it's early days but I'm genuinely starting to think the same as you. Milner has the drive through the middle that Barry will never have, he can play a through ball or shoot from range.

God I hate the Donkey....so much.

Carew needs to get in form soon, Heskey's touch is awful and he just wanders around aimlessly in the middle of the field.

Still hate him??

Open your eyes he's played really well last 5 games, like i always say, he'll never win some people over, even if he scores in the next 3..he misses one chance and some chumps get on his back again

5 in 30! YAYYYYY

as many as a centre back YAYYYYYY

He is bottom of the table quality. Incidentally thats who he excels in scoring against.

Ah mate

Come on....

Obviously your one of the people that just dont like him. Thats fine. Your opinion and got no problem with it but fact is he's been better than Carew this season and deserves to be playing. Fact is he has more goals than Carew this season and final fact before you update your little table below is that if this was Carew in similar goalscoring form it would be an absolute carew wankfest so lets give the big man some credit shall we....

carews out of form, and if it doesnt improve he needs to go for the greater good. Heskey is never in form..... hes a **** useless striker who is a waste of space and the reason MON wont go to 451.

Amazes me how a few games ago everyone was of the consensus he was doing crap or that you had to support him like a little lemming. All of a sudden people forget......

soon they will realise that a few good results have masked the front we are relying on gabby to score up front whilst that fat **** thinks hes a midfielder and be back to wondering why our form fell apart...

and then like good lemmings they will cheer him on again. not look at the bigger picture that without him we would be better off.