Scientific Experiment V2 #5 - MON(thly) Approval Ratings

Gringo

Are you satisfied with MON as manager  

191 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied with MON as manager

• Yes he's still the MON
    • No - we need something new

What better manager have we had than Martin over the past 60 years? Ron Saunders, Big Ron, Graham Taylor or Joe Mercer? I think sometimes we don't recognise what he have until it is gone....

Brian Little, John Gregory....

I liked them both but to be fair, the two of them are younger than Martin O'Neill and neither has had a decent managerial job since Villa whereas O'Neill could walk into most jobs outside the top four and has been tipped to take over teams in it.

Milner is a man highly rated by one of the best managers of all time in Capello a man that has managed some of the best in the world and sting thinks he isnt good enough.

I know who i trust

I like Milner a lot, but it should also be pointed out that Capello also rates Heskey...

Milner is a man highly rated by one of the best managers of all time in Capello a man that has managed some of the best in the world and sting thinks he isnt good enough.

I know who i trust

I like Milner a lot, but it should also be pointed out that Capello also rates Heskey...

strikers have always been a weakness of Capello he rated Delvecchio when at Roma

Of all the things you say Sting, the Milner criticism is the silliest. I'd say you are completely alone in that opinion.

Being alone doesn't frighten me 'Mr_Dogg.' I do think that Milner although being a good player, is nowhere near being better than that. I would like to see us adopt a diamond formation because that is were i believe we will gain most success and there is no room in there for a James Milner, who in my opinion neither creates enough where he is playing at the moment or indeed, in my favoured diamond formation. Sorry you think that is being silly, but it is my humble opinion.

I know who i trust

I happen to think that either Lennon or Walcott is a better alternative than Milner for England as long as there is a solid FB behind them. They won't cover in the same way that Milner does, but in my opinion, they are more effective going forward.

Of all the things you say Sting, the Milner criticism is the silliest. I'd say you are completely alone in that opinion.

Being alone doesn't frighten me 'Mr_Dogg.' I do think that Milner although being a good player, is nowhere near being better than that. I would like to see us adopt a diamond formation because that is were i believe we will gain most success and there is no room in there for a James Milner, who in my opinion neither creates enough where he is playing at the moment or indeed, in my favoured diamond formation. Sorry you think that is being silly, but it is my humble opinion.

i would have thought that a diamond midfield would have been the absolute ideal formation for james milner. he can get forward, defend, run all day and come inside when needed. what attribute do you consider milner doesnt have that would be required for someone playing in one of the wide positions in a diamond formation?

at the moment he is the 'in' player that everyone is talking about after getting a bit of exposure at international level - just like barry was a couple of years ago, and whilst there is perhaps a bit of bandwagon jumping and over-stating his abilities coming from some people i really do think that just deliberately going against the flow without really giving any evidence to back up your thoughts comes accross as being a bit "look at me - i'm different" style posting for effect.

I know who i trust

strikers have always been a weakness of Capello he rated Delvecchio when at Roma

Well if you use that as an argument, what about O'Neill's forward purchases? He must have rated both Heskey and Harewood to buy them! :suspect:

i would have thought that a diamond midfield would have been the absolute ideal formation for james milner. he can get forward, defend, run all day and come inside when needed. what attribute do you consider milner doesnt have that would be required for someone playing in one of the wide positions in a diamond formation?

at the moment he is the 'in' player that everyone is talking about after getting a bit of exposure at international level - just like barry was a couple of years ago, and whilst there is perhaps a bit of bandwagon jumping and over-stating his abilities coming from some people i really do think that just deliberately going against the flow without really giving any evidence to back up your thoughts comes accross as being a bit "look at me - i'm different" style posting for effect.

I have constantly explained why i think Milner is overated, so there is no real need for me to do it again. As for posting for effect, nope! It is my honest opinion of him.

I know who i trust

Well if you use that as an argument, what about O'Neill's forward purchases? He must have rated both Heskey and Harewood to buy them! :suspect:

We are not talking about MON in this little argument so why bring it up.

Why the obsession?

What better manager have we had than Martin over the past 60 years? Ron Saunders, Big Ron, Graham Taylor or Joe Mercer? I think sometimes we don't recognise what he have until it is gone....

I liked them both but to be fair, the two of them are younger than Martin O'Neill and neither has had a decent managerial job since Villa whereas O'Neill could walk into most jobs outside the top four and has been tipped to take over teams in it.

and will take up such an option, at the end of the season.

You mean you think we'll reach the CL this season? I like your optimism. :thumb:

You mean you think we'll reach the CL this season? I like your optimism. :thumb:

I think he will realize how much work needs to be done - and at this point - can move on with his reputation still intact.

Thought he showed his tactical naivety again today. For me, I couldn't understand why NRC was the one to be taken off - his energy and athletic defending was vital when they were starting to get on top. Stan was comfortably the more tired of the two IMO and was ineffective in the last 30 minutes. JC for Heskey didn't help us at all, although I'd have had to eat humble pie if that header had gone in I suppose. The game was crying out for an extra midfielder - DJ or Delph - to come on and take control of the midfield.

He just needs to be quicker in his decision, on about 60 minutes it was 100% clear we were really on the back foot and not getting close enough and we just didn't make the sub.

He tried to change it with the people already on the pitch but dropping players out of position, like Gabby on the right and Carew in midfield isn't going to work.

Â